What sort of water do you drink?

Options

Replies

• Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Our well water. Usually plain, it's delicious. But sometimes I put a little lemon juice in it. :)
  • 90to20
    90to20 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I live in North Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA we have one of the cleanest water supplies in the world! I drink tap water. I also like to add lemon and mint to my water :)
  • Vixy1989
    Vixy1989 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Tap water :) Its awesome here and required to be tested 3 times a month compared to the every 2 years most bottled water companies are required to :P
  • LibraryBatgirl
    LibraryBatgirl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have a filtered tap from my fridge and a brita bottle for when I'm at work. Strait from the sink isn't horrible where I'm from in Kentucky but it can be a little metallic.
  • cpdiminish
    Options
    I would love to be able to drink tap water, even if it were filtered, but I'm sensitive to fluoride. Water filters don't get enough of it out, even the complex multiple-stage filter available at one of my grocery stores, so I have to buy spring water. So not what I'd like to be doing.
  • librarianjenne
    librarianjenne Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I use a Brita filter and drink it at room temperature. Our tap water is heavily chlorinated and occasionally has a slight rainbow sheen on its surface. I don't really trust water that glimmers.
  • ashleyjohnstonn1
    ashleyjohnstonn1 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Whatever the water that comes out of my fridge is, lol
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Regular plain old tap water out of the spigot.....lol. Though I've been tempted to try one of those "Zero Water" filter pitchers....looks nifty that they give you a test kit to test the water before and after.......but in my current apartment, my fridge is kinda small....so was more leaning towards a faucet filter......but then everyone I ask says Nah don't worry about it, our city was is great......
  • stellasaur
    stellasaur Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Tequila. It's safer.
  • Napier_mum
    Napier_mum Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Our town tap water is pretty yummy. It comes from an aquifer so no gross taste. I like it cold so it goes in a bottle in the fridge.

It would suck to not be able to drink water straight from the tap!
  • arcana7609
    arcana7609 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I lived in California for 2 years and our water tasted horrible! Ever since I've gotten in the habit of filling a Brita filter pitcher and leaving it in the fridge. And bonus, the water is always nice and cold.

I do the same thing I love my filtered pitcher!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Filtered tap water. I personally think consuming bottled water is an egregious waste, since most of it is just filtered tap water in a plastic package anyway...
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    From the toilet

Ha! That's the way my cat likes it. Straight up! :drinker:
  • rideontechnology
    rideontechnology Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    For the longest time I would pretty much only drink bottled Kroger brand water, it tasted best to me. Which is funny because it's super cheap! But, I realized it was getting expensive and not great for the earth. But our tap tastes gross!

So we bought some Brita filter water bottles and I love them. Take them everywhere.
    People always thought I was weird because I had such preference with my water. Glad to know I'm not the only one haha.
  • SunnyDuckling
    SunnyDuckling Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Another Australian here! *waves*
    When I lived in Canberra, I drank the tap water, always thought it the best water in the world. Now I'm in Qld and everywhere I've lived here, I use my Brita filter jug. It's always unnerving to turn on the tap and see the water foam and bubble in the glass for a minute or two... :noway:

My Mum boils tap water, then pours it into a glass jug to cool down. So, distilled I guess?
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    wet.

(OK, actually, the water in our town is known for boiled water notices so if I am at home, we do bottled water exclusively -- there are times we even water our dog and cat with bottled water when it is particularly brown)... If we are out of town, we often drink tap.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    I have a filtered tap from my fridge and a brita bottle for when I'm at work. Strait from the sink isn't horrible where I'm from in Kentucky but it can be a little metallic.

Yes, that's what I notice about tap water too - the slight metallic taste.
    I know it is perfectly safe to drink and I will drink it in a pinch - but can definitely taste difference.

My husband can taste the difference in cups of tea too.
  • StevenH74
    StevenH74 Posts: 129
    Options
    Back in England I would drink tap water - never bought bottled. But here in China I drink boiled tap water. I also drink bottled here when I am out.

Some foreigners here even brush their teeth with bottled water, but I think that that's a bit extreme.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Melbourne tap water ftw
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Tap water. I live in Northern California so it's usually good. SoCal water often tastes like chlorine, at least where I used to live.