Why the hate on Planet Fitness?

Options

Replies

• Sun_Wukong
    Sun_Wukong Posts: 131
    Options
    Sorry for my ignorance, what is planet fitness?
    I hear it is a large pizza franchise with creepy janitors.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options

Thanks to that, I now know about this! Wonuts?!

97c1d9f0-cb21-11e3-9398-472d25232c46_waffle9.jpg
    I don't get it. Why would you waste 1/9 of a perfectly good waffle??
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what to believe anymore.

Are eggs still good for me? Because they keep changing their minds on that one too.

SCIENTISTS!

If your eggs have more than five ingredients then they are processed and "bad"...
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Pluto is not a planet. It's a dwarf planet. Even my 3 year old knows that.

Uranus (pronounced urine-us) is a planet, right?
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    05a48404318433b65872096a3f1d1f81.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

It was pronounced ur-ay-nus most of my life. They started with the new pronunciation around the time they started saying hair-is-ment.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what to believe anymore.

Are eggs still good for me? Because they keep changing their minds on that one too.

SCIENTISTS!

If your eggs have more than five ingredients then they are processed and "bad"...

What if I'm eating half a dozen eggs?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I call troll...but these threads are always for fun..

so in ..for more planet no gainz bashing!

OP - have fun with your 5# dumbbells, tootsie rolls, pizza, and no deadlift/squat zone.....and thanks for keeping the free weight section at my gym a little less packed...

Whaddaya mean no gainz?! :sad: I can deadlift and squat at my PF, I just have to use dumbbells, because I don't want to do it in the Smith machine.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Good luck. That's just so seriously wrong and creepy. I'm surprised they aren't doing anything. Major liability!
    Agreed but like most franchise gyms once the contract has been paid and membership has been paid for they tend to ignore members legitimate complaints...unless it is about liabilities such as baby bumps, excessive bare skin, actual lifting of weights etc
    lol

Well, I think they're risking a serious lawsuit not doing something about this. I mean, it would be one thing if it were a matter of a brain fart and he saw you, apologized and left. But that behavior looks like possible sexual predator (even if it's only voyeurism).

I may be overreacting, but that just doesn't seem like normal behavior.
    No you are not overreacting this is not acceptable on any level but planet fitness has a image of ridiculous behavior to maintain...product recognition and stuff.

As long as the employee didn't judge her while he was in there, they're probably okay with it.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Thanks to that, I now know about this! Wonuts?!

97c1d9f0-cb21-11e3-9398-472d25232c46_waffle9.jpg
    I don't get it. Why would you waste 1/9 of a perfectly good waffle??

Another item on the menu is "waffle holes"...

...so nothing is wasted.

Great. Now I want waffle holes.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

It was pronounced ur-ay-nus most of my life. They started with the new pronunciation around the time they started saying hair-is-ment.

I thought it was pronounced er-in-us.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

You mean instead of her-*kitten*-meant?
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    My name is LeanButNotMean44, and I am a member of Planet Fatness. :sad:

I think it is a crappy gym. The owners of the one I go to live in New Hampshire (I am in IL). The equipment is old and not in 100% working order. They have 1.5 prs of 50# dumb bells and have no plans to replace the missing one. Anytime an upright stationary bike broke, they replaced it with another recumbent bike; they now have probably 15 recumbent bikes and 1 upright bike. They have 3 people working at the front desk on weekend mornings (there are 2 computers to check people in, and it is never that busy there) and 2 of them are either texting on their phones or on Facebook.

Why do I bother?

$100/year. Also, the suburb where it is located only has "big box" gyms, and PF is the cheapest. I don't want to pay more than that for the same amount of suck. They DO allow deadlifts, but they DON'T have a squat rack. I am looking for an alternative, but this is what I get for the time being.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Good luck. That's just so seriously wrong and creepy. I'm surprised they aren't doing anything. Major liability!
    Agreed but like most franchise gyms once the contract has been paid and membership has been paid for they tend to ignore members legitimate complaints...unless it is about liabilities such as baby bumps, excessive bare skin, actual lifting of weights etc
    lol

Well, I think they're risking a serious lawsuit not doing something about this. I mean, it would be one thing if it were a matter of a brain fart and he saw you, apologized and left. But that behavior looks like possible sexual predator (even if it's only voyeurism).

No you are not overreacting this is not acceptable on any level but planet fitness has a image of ridiculous behavior to maintain...product recognition and stuff.

As long as the employee didn't judge her while he was in there, they're probably okay with it.

Good point.
  • rml_16
    Options

You mean instead of her-*kitten*-meant?
    Yes.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    lol

The employee was probably just trying to enforce the policy of not admiring oneself in the locker room mirrors
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    lol

The employee was probably just trying to enforce the policy of not admiring oneself in the locker room mirrors

He probably had a portable lunk alarm to use if he caught her flexing in the mirror.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    That is epically crappy. My community center had weight racks (plural). Not sad I've never seen a PF.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

Who is this guy Sexual Harris, and why do we care what he meant?

And to the guy who hates PF but has no alternative at the moment, save up the money that you're not spending at another gym and buy your own equipment! (says the woman with access to world-class gym facilities who still has a schmancy treadmill, a power cage, farmer carry handles, an adjustable husafell stone, an assortment of atlas stones decorating her front yard, and an odd assortment of other fine fitness equipment at home :embarassed: )
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

Stop! What's with all the Planet Pluto hate?