Weird phobias.

Options

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Getting my shoelaces stuck in the escalator or getting stabbed in the eye with a knife while cooking (LOL)
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Getting on an escalator. I have to build up my courage to step on. Down is much worse than up, but I'm white knuckled holding on the rail the entire time. I'd much rather take the stairs (which I do, if it's an option).
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Crowded rooms and places like Zoo, Circus, clowns, getting hit while walking home in my neighborhood(they drive ridiculously careless through this tiny neighborhood). Fear of shaving my legs and cutting myself like the lady in cabin Fever did. yuck!
  • Timelordlady85
    Options
    Getting my shoelaces stuck in the escalator or getting stabbed in the eye with a knife while cooking (LOL)

ouch!
  • Xxoxo
    Xxoxo Posts: 233
    Options

LMAO!! :sad:
  • Timelordlady85
    Options
    That creepy little dude from Lord of the Rings. Can't watch the movies because of him. That voice. Gives me the chills and I run away screaming.

Gollum from lord of the rings, yeah he is a little creepy.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I'm starting to feel normal now:)
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Bats and opening doors. bats are the reason I have a phobia of opening doors though.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Getting on an escalator. I have to build up my courage to step on. Down is much worse than up, but I'm white knuckled holding on the rail the entire time. I'd much rather take the stairs (which I do, if it's an option).

This. I will gladly take the stairs, thank you. I spend a solid ten seconds trying to figure out the proper procedure for getting on an escalator every damned time.
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Tiny rooms packed with tons of people. :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Me too :sad:

Also not a fan of insects or snakes.
  • vaishnavijayasankar
    vaishnavijayasankar Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    big cranes kick my *kitten*!!!!
    wenever i see it coming i always feel its gonna pik me and throw me somewhere!!!!! :)
    the spiky front part feels like a monsters fork!!!! ;)
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of bridges that go over water...I don't even know why

Me too!
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    That creepy little dude from Lord of the Rings. Can't watch the movies because of him. That voice. Gives me the chills and I run away screaming.

"Preciousssssssss" very creepy
  • tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    Options

"Preciousssssssss" very creepy

NOOOOOOOOOOOO *runs away screaming*
  • jec285
    jec285 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Lightning, big time.
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Large birds up-close.

(We have a lot of large water fowl in the summer like Canadian geese, snow geese, swans, pelicans, etc) All very majestic birds, but I don't like them up-close. They make me nervous when they get close...

And yet snakes, bats, coyotes, etc are just fine. But not large birds up-close
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Horses. I'm not sure why but since I was a kid I do not like them at all. Anything that big that can ruin my day with a swift kick, I am all set with.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I haaaate wind turbines. They're massive & powerful & creepy, & triple creepy because they're set up hundreds at a time. *shudder*

I also have a weird fear of accidentally stepping on my cat & breaking one of his legs, because he's always underfoot causing trouble. D:
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of stairs and escalators. I always feel like I'm going to fall. I'm also scared of the conveyor things you stand on, treadmills, ellipticals, rollerskating, biking, etc. Pretty much anytime something mechanical is in control of my movement I'm on the verge of panicking. It took me a long time to be comfortable driving and since my car accident in February I've had a hard time driving in unfamiliar places. Oddly enough, I love roller coasters.
  • MercyOxendine
    MercyOxendine Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey "Mischievous", OMG! Me too! When I was a kid I had several dreams of heading toward the side of the bridge, thank goodness I would always wake up before impact. While driving a car almost caused me to go off the side by pulling in front of me. While with some friends I also went over the side of an embankment and flipped three times before landing upside down. Those were just general interstate bridges but to this day before I go anywhere new I ask if there are any long bridges over water. :embarassed: