Weird phobias.

Options

Replies

• dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Whenever I quickly run in to drop a deuce in a public restroom, as soon as the relief hits and I have a moment to think, I get a sudden fear that I'm actually in the women's room.
  • Xxoxo
    Xxoxo Posts: 233
    Options
    Dolls. Dolls creep me out more than anything else. Nope.

Especially when you're in bed and you can feel the dolls eyes on you …. and when you turn to look she's staring right at you!! :noway:
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    -gag- I did not need to read that...

You're very good at being descriptive o.o
    -shuddddderrrr-

I ... made someone named Sinisterly shudder with my phobia?

I am not sure whether I should be proud or succumb to utter despair.
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    1344094_OGODmytrypophobia_82926448a59cf8a13755a226e2f6acf6_jpg96b161b471870a4af81552d3d83251fd

This. I have a fear of honeycombs, to the point where I would not buy the new version of mini van that I own, because it had a honeycomb grill. Also tripe freaks me out, fish skin and pores.

Shudder!
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    HOLY MOTHER OF GOD WHY DID YOU POST THAT
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Driving over long expansive bridges. And emus. Emus are some freaky looking birds.
    Emus? Pffft... now a cassowary... datz one creepy mofo.
    360px-Casuarius_unappendiculatus_-Northern_Cassowary_-head_and_chin.jpg
    <whispered voice> He's here.. to steal.. your SOULLLLLLLLL!!!
  • ImaWaterBender
    Options
    Driving over long expansive bridges. And emus. Emus are some freaky looking birds.
    Emus? Pffft... now a cassowary... datz one creepy mofo.
    360px-Casuarius_unappendiculatus_-Northern_Cassowary_-head_and_chin.jpg
    <whispered voice> He's here.. to steal.. your SOULLLLLLLLL!!!

My ten year old daughter did her science project on cassowaries.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Not a phobia, but some dolls do give me pause... especially the eyes... THE... EYESSSSSSSS......

I turn away whenever I see The Bratz or Lalaloopsy dolls:
    edu_bratz2_110207.jpg

bea-spells-a-lot1.jpg

Yet even though the Direct TV marionette creeps me right the fawk out, I can't seem to look away... like a train wreck:
    Marionette-woman-1-704x400.jpg
  • ImaWaterBender
    Options
    The smell of fake hair.

And balloons.

And the elderly ladies who use avon perfume and skin lotion.

And thinking about what morticians do to prep people for a funeral. Especially the mouth thing.
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Hair! Not connected obviously. But pulling hair balls out of the drain or excessive hair in the brush makes me gag so bad! Got it from eating a burrito that had like 2+ foot hair in it that i half swallowed and the rest was caught in a tooth. Was gagging n pulling it out for a cpl minutes! Just feeling that sucker pulling up my throat! Hoark. Guy who made it had a pony tail nearly to his waist
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Not a phobia, but some dolls do give me pause... especially the eyes... THE... EYESSSSSSSS......

I turn away whenever I see The Bratz or Lalaloopsy dolls:
    edu_bratz2_110207.jpg

The eyes of these not so much but those Bratz feet!! The shoes are their feet, and without shoes they are all stump! Funny thing, I have a brother who really does have 2 stumps and it doesn't bother me because there is a reason. But WHY would they do that with a TOY? Plastic stumps with a peg sticking out the bottom. Creepy city.
  • ImaWaterBender
    Options
    Maybe it holds the shoes on better.
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    HOLY MOTHER OF GOD WHY DID YOU POST THAT

The stuff nightmares are made of for sure.
  • ImaWaterBender
    Options
    Banned for ...

Wrong thread.
  • gunshowgreg
    gunshowgreg Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I get very edgy when someone pushes a grocery cart behind me
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    sewers....I will not walk over top a sewer lid/grate I walk around even if it means crossing the street to get away from it.
  • PunkyRachel
    Options
    hand puppets...never have liked them. I work in a daycare and I won't play puppets with the kiddos either...nope not happening!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I really hate scrubs. I used to be 10X worse about this, but even now I am nervous around people wearing scrubs. It doesn't matter if they're taking my blood at the doctor's office or just a vet tech standing in line near me at the store...freaks me out a bit. I also have (in the past) turned down jobs in medical - and related - environments due to the dress code of scrubs. I would NEVER wear them, I'd be horribly unhappy!
  • PunkyRachel
    Options
    People carrying umbrellas. I'm afraid I'll get my eye poked out. And driving through tunnels if I can't see through to the other end especially if the tunnel is under water.

I yell at anyone who opens an umbrella indoors.....its my Irish showing...but superstition says it means death in the family...I freak out wondering who's funeral I'm gonna have to attend
  • fast_stacie
    fast_stacie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Flippin creaps me out

gr-wacky-waver-man.jpg

I hate these things too. They look so happy but you know when you drive past those arms are trying to grab you. I wouldn't be caught dead walking past one.