Paleo Bread

Options
1235»

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    the biggest problem with Paleo is that it labels itself as Paleo, but it is far from Paleolothic.

Most "Paleo" eaters of today are not hunters and gatherers and they live in man-made houses, use stoves and oven, internet, cellphones, not caves and they drive cars -- things that our "Paleo ancestors" did not do.

It is not "Paleolithic lifestyle". It merely is ANTI-GRAIN and low carb diet. So get real. As much as I'm not into the vegan diet, at least they are more upfront with naming their diet. Call it what it is.

Which is why if you want to label your diet, better to base it off from the cultural cuisine it has evolved from.
    Not to mention Paleolothic people drank UNTREATED water, suck marrow from bones, and ate with dirty hands.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

People still eat marrow from bones (bone soup). It is very nutritional.

In fact most of te nutrition from animals come from the fat, offal, bones marrow.

Um...No thanks! :flowerforyou:

My soup today includes ham, bacon, and beans. (ETA: And corn bread on the side! Yum!)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    I'm betting that if Taco Bell made the "paleo" burrito, the OP would be there.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options

My soup today includes ham, bacon, and beans. (ETA: And corn bread on the side! Yum!)
    You don't like pho? With the tripe, tendon, brisket and beef? MMMMMMMMMMMM. Think I'll have pho for lunch today.

IDEA Fitness member
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

You don't like pho? With the tripe, tendon, brisket and beef? MMMMMMMMMMMM. Think I'll have pho for lunch today.

IDEA Fitness member

It has a name, eh? Never heard of it. I'll stick with my ham and beans with cornbread, like Mom used to make. :bigsmile:
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Bone marrow on bread tastes a bit like a grainier butter. It's really good but boiling bones until they crack (or are soft enough to split) so you can get at the marrow takes forever.

ETA : and if you've never had Pho, you're missing out.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Bone marrow on bread tastes a bit like a grainier butter. It's really good but boiling bones until they crack (or are soft enough to split) so you can get at the marrow takes forever.

ETA : and if you've never had Pho, you're missing out.

No thanks. My cousin told me that about Kool-Aid. And my daughter said it about sushi. Just no. If it doesn't sound good, then it probably isn't.

Kool-Aid = *nasty*
    Sushi = "Blech" - *find a napkin or trash can to spit it out*
    Pho ~=~ the owner of the nearby Vietnamese market :laugh:
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    the biggest problem with Paleo is that it labels itself as Paleo, but it is far from Paleolothic.

Most "Paleo" eaters of today are not hunters and gatherers and they live in man-made houses, use stoves and oven, internet, cellphones, not caves and they drive cars -- things that our "Paleo ancestors" did not do.

It is not "Paleolithic lifestyle". It merely is ANTI-GRAIN and low carb diet. So get real. As much as I'm not into the vegan diet, at least they are more upfront with naming their diet. Call it what it is.

Which is why if you want to label your diet, better to base it off from the cultural cuisine it has evolved from.
    Not to mention Paleolothic people drank UNTREATED water, suck marrow from bones, and ate with dirty hands.:laugh:

IDEA Fitness member

In fact most of te nutrition from animals come from the fat, offal, bones marrow.

Ham and bacon - yep

Beans - no thanks.

Now oxtail soup - that's a nice soup.

Or as the Turkish do it cow stomach soup!
This discussion has been closed.