Allons-y!

Options

Replies

• comrade_questions
    comrade_questions Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8z7wdQaAC1ryxjtvo1_500.gif

I love, love, love Doctor Who, especially 9 and 10. I would have liked 11, I think, had it not been for the complete crappy overthrow of the writing and Stephen Moffat's uncanny ability to make everything I love not make sense and just be a jumbled pile of "FLASH BANG NOW YOU'RE IMPRESSED!" I feel like Matt Smith could have done so many more things and Moffat just wrote him into a box of stunted character development. I did like most of the Ponds, though. Prease don't even get me started on Clara.

I am particularly sad about what's been done with River Song because I love her SO THOROUGHLY.

But enough sad, let me lighten this post up with my favorite ever:

tumblr_n5hg4g3WyE1tnisivo1_500.gif
  • dwm2112
    dwm2112 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, while I'm a total nerd, I don't know anything about Dr Who. I will have to remedy that situation. Yes, this thread is still going; Hi Jenn!
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    .....zomg, I had no idea this was still going after the group was created!!

You guys are the best ever. EVER.

Qyb8fo7.gif

L1frrHk.gif

J0QKbJL.gif

what is the group called?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/21355-whovians-of-the-world-unite
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Just a friendly reminder that if you don't have me on your friend list, any and all geeks/whovians are more than welcome to add me!

T5LLW1q.gif
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, while I'm a total nerd, I don't know anything about Dr Who. I will have to remedy that situation. Yes, this thread is still going; Hi Jenn!

XD You know me so well
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I can't hate Clara in the way that I can't hate Amy. I think the character has so much potential and I think the actress does the best she can with the script she's given, but Moffat can NOT write women. I miss RTD.
    (It doesn't help his case that I have an ex whose last name is Moffat, but I still don't like him as a writer. Sue me.)

you are being too kind to her. Moffat may not be able to write women well but Clara cannot manage any expression other than smug and bemused even when the script clearly calls for it. Not sure if it's too much botox (even at her young age) or if she's just incapable of any other emotion. I can't get past it with her. she is really really terrible.

You know, I'm realizing as I read this, that I thought I saw an uncanny resemblance between Clara and Kristen Stewart (Bella in Twilight). Not necessarily physical, but that half-asleep style of acting.
  • nikiste
    nikiste Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I can't hate Clara in the way that I can't hate Amy. I think the character has so much potential and I think the actress does the best she can with the script she's given, but Moffat can NOT write women. I miss RTD.
    (It doesn't help his case that I have an ex whose last name is Moffat, but I still don't like him as a writer. Sue me.)

you are being too kind to her. Moffat may not be able to write women well but Clara cannot manage any expression other than smug and bemused even when the script clearly calls for it. Not sure if it's too much botox (even at her young age) or if she's just incapable of any other emotion. I can't get past it with her. she is really really terrible.

You know, I'm realizing as I read this, that I thought I saw an uncanny resemblance between Clara and Kristen Stewart (Bella in Twilight). Not necessarily physical, but that half-asleep style of acting.
    I feel the same way about Kristen, she's not the best actress but she also got stuck with the ****tiest series like ever, and she tried. Poor thing.
    I see the resemblance, though, haha. We should send them to an island together and see who eats who first. I mean, one of them is gonna die eventually...
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Y'all are absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    sharksplode-t-shirt-rory-hears-a-who-thumb.jpg
  • RavenhairedWoman
    Options
    cat123.jpg
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    That moment when your boss asks you a question, and you proudly reply "Affirmative!" in a particular intonation, and then you realize no one reacted. . . and you're the biggest geek in the office.
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have not read the entirety of this thread yet, but I have decided that it absolutely must be the place for my first post. My people!

I am first and foremost a Whovian, my doctors are 11, 4, 10, 5, then it's a muddled mess until 6 is last. My little Wholigan seems to prefer 10.

After DW I also love Torchwood, The Sarah Jane Adventures, Batman, Sherlock, Supernatural, Big Bang Theory, Red Dwarf, Star Wars, Buffy, Angel, Charmed, Bones, Once Upon a Time, Firefly, The Librarian trilogy, and at least 652 other things I am forgetting to list. I'm also a book person, which explains the 42.

Feel free to send me an add request. I'm new to MFP and I would love some wonderfully geeky friends.
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Just a heads up, fellow Whovians!
    https://www.humblebundle.com/books

Snatch this deal up before it ends!
  • RavenhairedWoman
    Options
    spoilers.gif

I know this is GoT but still it made me laugh! (^_^)
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    spoilers.gif

You win the internet today
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Zombie_thread.jpg
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    spoilers.gif

I don't watch GOT.

But he looks a bit like

tumblr_mc9vifiSas1ryefl5.gif
  • DoctorMcCoy10
    DoctorMcCoy10 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness xxghost! He does look like Sam and Deans dad a little. GOT is amazing. I can't wait to see the new season!
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    BARROWMAAAAAAN
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am always up for some more Whovian Friends. I am thinking a Tribute Marathon dedicated to 11 is in order (although my wife is on a 10 kick....welllll (yes i said that in my best Tennant Impression)....who can blame her:) and while 10 is one of my faves, I got to say 11 is just so damn quirky with a side of crazy that is just too good not to like!

While alot of people LOVE Rose and the other female Companions, I have got to say that my all-time fave is Wilfred Mott as I got the feels during the "Proud to call you dad" scene and he showed what it was like if the doctor was Human....still up there in age but yet still such a dreamer and a child at heart!

Now if you excuse me....I was wondering if someone could show me how to fly this thing!

-CK