Not to sound disgusting, but(t) ...

Options

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    He doesn't have to "look anorexic." If you ever see male anorexics, you will notice that they sometimes seem to look healthier because they still have some muscle left and naturally have less fat and more muscle.

And this is not even to mention that someone can be overweight and be anorexic---it will just take time for you to be able to see it, but the destructive mental patterns are still there.

I think it is often difficult, especially on the internet, to remember that we aren't psychologists and do not have the skills or authority to diagnose another person. That being said, there is no harm in warning someone of the potential harmful effects of one's behavior. That has been done multipile times in this thread. OP has stated that this was a personal "experiment" implying that he does not desire to continue this pattern of behavior. Hopefully, if he doesn't find himself capable of returning to normal eating habits, he will seek help on his own.
    Agreed, although considering the last two experiments, and how lean he's gotten, my suggestion for the next experiment is how much muscle he can build eating at a moderate surplus, eating plenty of protein, and lifting heavy. I think it would be a good progression in experimentation.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    High five OP! Crack gap for all!

But seriously, you really didn't know being a 5'8", 36 year old man that you would lose weight eating ~1200 or less cals? That was your experiment?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    After scrolling through these posts I am sitting here at work DYING!! Trying not to lose it since I am suppose to be working and not messing around on the internet. This was just WRONG!

...this is my first post. That's how messed up this was : /

:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • cantybaby
    cantybaby Posts: 4
    Options
    vanity is starting to get scary
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Okay... so she measured it for you?

Are you sure you didn't give HER the "stink eye"?

tumblr_myj78oOVRl1r7tu05o1_500.gif

Seriously ... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    He doesn't have to "look anorexic." If you ever see male anorexics, you will notice that they sometimes seem to look healthier because they still have some muscle left and naturally have less fat and more muscle.

And this is not even to mention that someone can be overweight and be anorexic---it will just take time for you to be able to see it, but the destructive mental patterns are still there.

I think it is often difficult, especially on the internet, to remember that we aren't psychologists and do not have the skills or authority to diagnose another person. That being said, there is no harm in warning someone of the potential harmful effects of one's behavior. That has been done multipile times in this thread. OP has stated that this was a personal "experiment" implying that he does not desire to continue this pattern of behavior. Hopefully, if he doesn't find himself capable of returning to normal eating habits, he will seek help on his own.
    Agreed, although considering the last two experiments, and how lean he's gotten, my suggestion for the next experiment is how much muscle he can build eating at a moderate surplus, eating plenty of protein, and lifting heavy. I think it would be a good progression in experimentation.
    +1
  • Apocalypz
    Apocalypz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Brilliant idea! I stopped doing heavy "lifting" when I was nigh on hernia stage doing leg presses of 186 kg. That's when I was 11 st 11. I'd built myself up over the course of a year and was doing great until that one day. Scared me a bit, that, so I took hiatus.

Easily done, I suppose, but you've convinced me to go the lifting route for my next challenge. :happy:
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I know one person who is very very happy about your butt gap.... your proctologist :happy:

Still, please do not experiment too often with losing/gaining as your body might get back at you and surprise you in ways you couldn't imagine. Not always in a good way either.

It is very easy to slide into extremes and then it is too late... Invest your energy into something less dangerous :flowerforyou:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    How can they not touch...sounds like way too much weight loss to me. Something that would happen to someone severely underweight.

You're exeprimenting what your body can do? Hmm doesn't seem like healthy experiments imo and just why put your body through these extremes?

What on earth will the next experiment be??!

Don't abuse your health.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Brilliant idea! I stopped doing heavy "lifting" when I was nigh on hernia stage doing leg presses of 186 kg. That's when I was 11 st 11. I'd built myself up over the course of a year and was doing great until that one day. Scared me a bit, that, so I took hiatus.

Easily done, I suppose, but you've convinced me to go the lifting route for my next challenge. :happy:
    Since you've lost a lot of mass since then, you might find it much easier to lift, but I'd start with a beginner progressing. Stronglifts 5x5 is a great starting point, and you start with the olympic bar and then go up by 5lbs. I think it'd be a great way for you to progress, and starting light and perfecting form will limit your chances of hurting yourself.
  • orchidee1987
    orchidee1987 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    What to say ? Disgusted by the 3 pictures of this thread and the 2 profile's ones. Former anorexic girl talking
  • rockky83
    rockky83 Posts: 59
    Options
    How long would it take me to look like that if i ate 1200 calories?
  • orchidee1987
    orchidee1987 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Stop lying to yourself OP : you DO have a problem
  • alisonmarytuck
    alisonmarytuck Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You are too thin. Get help -PLEASE
  • Apocalypz
    Apocalypz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Since you've lost a lot of mass since then, you might find it much easier to lift, but I'd start with a beginner progressing. Stronglifts 5x5 is a great starting point, and you start with the olympic bar and then go up by 5lbs. I think it'd be a great way for you to progress, and starting light and perfecting form will limit your chances of hurting yourself.
    Definitely. I'll start off small and work my way up as last time I would frequent the gym. I appreciate your suggestion. :smile:
    How long would it take me to look like that if i ate 1200 calories?
    You'd be surprised how short a duration it took me from 10 stone down to my current 8 stone 10! I only just started at the beginning of the year. It was quite a scare how quickly it came off. Easy to see how people with ED can go downhill so drastically. As well, I'm not measuring anything, so I'd venture my intake is a bit higher than what I have posted in diary. Frightening, eh?

I'll not do this experiment again. Yesterday, I started to feel tired most of the day. Today, I was Mr. Grumpy. I can see how people have such mood swings. How do they [ED] do it for months/years?! Had to grab a pizza and beer today to make up for having no energy. This definitely won't last until end of May as I originally thought. On to lifting in a few weeks!!! :happy:
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    I was going to say that, but I really didn't really want to see pics of it either.
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    The Crack Gap? Isn't that near the Grand Canyon?
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you'll be able to recover quickly after your "experiment" is over... and these next few weeks won't make you sick.
  • PurpleCupcakes01
    Options
    Pics!!! Lol
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to pick someone up, you might have better luck in the LGBT group. I'm not judging, I'm a member. Just thought that's where you were going with this...

I laughed harder at this than I should have...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!