Is MFP used as a dating site?

Options

Replies

• GabriellaMaria
    GabriellaMaria Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I used to be on OKCupid. I ended up meeting my boyfriend at a local event in town, but it would be entertaining if MFP had quizzes and things similar to OKC. What if people could be matched online to be fitness buddies, based on physical similarities and similar goals?! That would be damn cool.
    [/quote
    bloody good idea i'd say!!]
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    It is what you make of it. If you want to find someone to send racy pics to, then I'm quite certain you will have no trouble. If not, then don't.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I used to be on OKCupid. I ended up meeting my boyfriend at a local event in town, but it would be entertaining if MFP had quizzes and things similar to OKC. What if people could be matched online to be fitness buddies, based on physical similarities and similar goals?! That would be damn cool.

MFP + OkCupid = Allllllll the syphilis

MySTDpal
  • GabriellaMaria
    Options
    Well, we are all here for the same reason...

To get laid.

If anyone needs me I'll be starting multiple threads in the Success sub-forum.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    @Liftosarus I love your profile picture! :heart:
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Of course.

There are stories of people who met through here and got married
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Yea, Im always seeing people posting stuff about meeting people and/or using this for dating.
  • robertdc50
    Options
    GTFO... Noooo.. Not MFP :laugh: :noway:

If they don't allow dating on here, they certainly wouldn't allow sarcasm :)
  • GabriellaMaria
    Options
    I'm currently in a relationship with my MFP iphone app. It's been 281 days and we're going strong. I think it's love! :love:
    meeee tooooo!!
    lololol!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    Of course.

I'm sorry, what?

I couldn't hear over dem abs.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Well, is it? I have had friends tell me they have found plenty of people to message… privately and discreetly with pictures, etc.

My take is that most of the women that get really into it in here are married. So the Desperate Housewives of MFP seem to use it to facilitate virtual "cheating" because they don't have time or the means to do it in real life. As mentioned in another thread, a lot of them don't get enough attention from their husbands so they need validation here in order to feel like they are still wanted... Seen this many times...

Agreed.

My take is that most of the women on here who get really into it and are married, don't say they are married... I have also seen quite a few "single" men and women get really really involved on here. It really isn't just a "Desperate Housewives" thing. Which, no offense, but I really hate that term as most women work.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Of course.

Yea, Im always seeing people posting stuff about meeting people and/or using this for dating.

Somehow I doubt that these relationships started through the means that the OP suggested, aka junk pics.
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I have on my profile that I am married and it seems a lot of people don't care. So yeah, I think that some people use it as a dating site.
    ^ Also this

Both of our profiles specifically state that we are in a relationship with each other yet people do not respect it. Even people that are/were friends with both of us. :noway:

This would probably because a lot of the people who DO indulge in this type of activity are married. So the ones may say married or reference their husband or wife in their profile, but are still completely willing to be virtually unfaithful. The majority of the married that participate give the individuals like you the short end of the stick, as people in here get stereotyped...
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Yes, most but not all. There are a lot of respectable-SINGLE-women on this site that care about their health. Eventually these single women will build in confidence to one day go out in the brave-new-dating-world. Until then some stay celibate (excluding their affair with MFP). :tongue:
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Yes, most but not all. There are a lot of respectable-SINGLE-women on this site that care about their health. Eventually these single women will build in confidence to one day go out in the brave-new-dating-world. Until then some stay celibate (excluding their affair with MFP). :tongue:

never said all...Your point had nothing to do with my post lol... going two separate directions...
  • iDrix
    iDrix Posts: 21
    Options
    My inbox is empty. Sickening.
  • Skittle_BoomBoom
    Options
    Yes! I've seen plenty of websites used as dating sites. I did a project on the affect of anorexia and bulimia on young adults and used a popular website. Even that was used as a means to find a mate! If there is messaging and "attractive" people, people can and will use it as a dating site.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

never said all...Your point had nothing to do with my post lol... going two separate directions...

She didn't quote you, so it is POSSIBLE that she wasn't directing her comments to you specifically.

I am married, my husband is on this site, commenting in this very thread. I still have fun in the chit chat section. That's what it is designed for.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I thought every site on the internet that has a form section is a quasi dating site