Is MFP used as a dating site?

Options

Replies

• kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of respectable-SINGLE-women on this site that care about their health. Eventually these single women will build in confidence to one day go out in the brave-new-dating-world. Until then some stay celibate (excluding their affair with MFP). :tongue:

never said all...Your point had nothing to do with my post lol... going two separate directions...

Sorry, I was putting my two cents in cuz it was sounding a bit once sided saying that being married and on this site is a bad thing. :indifferent:
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    So being a SAHM makes a woman more likely to cheat?

I'm a SAHM and only accept friend requests from women. I'm devoted to my husband and don't take my vows lightly. Not all SAHMs are nasty little adulteresses.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    <-- middle aged woman whose picture is at a "normal" angle shown without any make up with 100 pounds left to lose... Uh, NO...it never occurred to me that MFP could be used as a dating site... I mean, yeah, as a life long super cute fattie, I've had to fend off my share of "chubby chasers" when using other sites.. but now that I'm losing the weight, I don't find that there are a whole lot of "saggy, wrinkly, granny skin chasers" out there..... Fortunately for me I'm happily engaged and not in the market or I'd be quite concerned by my lack of admirers!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Not what I use it for :noway:
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I have on my profile that I am married and it seems a lot of people don't care. However i did have someone get mad and delete me because he didn't read my profile and then found out I was married. So yeah, I think that some people use it as a dating site. However, I agree with wolverine, it doesn't effect me in how I use it. And BTW I am a SAHM and I don't hide the fact that I am married, After I got deleted by the person I actually put it in a post on my page and told others that if it was a problem to delete me also.

^ this, my profile not only states that I am married but that my husband is also on MFP with me so he sees all. I haven't ran into any issues with people deleting me over it though.
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    She didn't quote you, so it is POSSIBLE that she wasn't directing her comments to you specifically.

I am married, my husband is on this site, commenting in this very thread. I still have fun in the chit chat section. That's what it is designed for.

Also completely missed the point... What I am referring to happens in private. I am not talking about stupid flirting in the "hot or not" threads... So you can take your aggressive tone and twist it anyway you want :-)
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    So being a SAHM makes a woman more likely to cheat?

I'm a SAHM and only accept friend requests from women. I'm devoted to my husband and don't take my vows lightly. Not all SAHMs are nasty little adulteresses.

^ this too
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it could be! Finding people with a similar drive and a passion for something like health or fitness is probably a good talking point.
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Of course.

There are stories of people who met through here and got married

I'm sorry, what?

I couldn't hear over dem abs.

6jDJExz.gif
  • sallielozo
    sallielozo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    :huh:

Whaaaaaaaaat, all I use it for is logging in stuff...when I remember.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Well, is it? I have had friends tell me they have found plenty of people to message… privately and discreetly with pictures, etc.

Oh, that's how dating sites are supposed to work? Here I've been sending true conversational messages to men and posting respectable photos that don't lead to public embarrassment. I didn't realize I was supposed to be sending nudes and dirty messages to strangers thousands of miles away.

What a weird and oversexualized definition of "dating".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • dolcemaria81
    dolcemaria81 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You can meet people anywhere so why not on MFP? You'll be meeting people with similiar goals and you'll have something in common with them. If I was single I would do it. :)
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    Well it is the internet. Women and men in the same place with the same goal... Noooooooo hanky panky could ever come from that.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Since when did dating = sending discrete messages?

These are/can be completely independent events. Send your noodz to whomever you want. But I wouldn't call that "dating."
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    She didn't quote you, so it is POSSIBLE that she wasn't directing her comments to you specifically.

I am married, my husband is on this site, commenting in this very thread. I still have fun in the chit chat section. That's what it is designed for.

Also completely missed the point... What I am referring to happens in private. I am not talking about stupid flirting in the "hot or not" threads... So you can take your aggressive tone and twist it anyway you want :-)

Ermmmm would we call that aggressive?
  • bcoop911
    Options
    Sorry, I was putting my two cents in cuz it was sounding a bit once sided saying that being married and on this site is a bad thing. :indifferent:

Understandable, but no, I wasn't saying being married is bad. I am just saying most of the women participating in the discreet coital behavior are married... not that most of the married women are participating lol... so guys realize that being married isn't a redline with a lot of the women on here, so they advance regardless.
  • bcoop911
    Options

Maybe abrasive would be a better word?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

I am curious how you know what goes on in SAHM's inboxes, mmmmkay?
  • ajsimyan
    ajsimyan Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It can be, I mean it has a private method for messaging, you can gain some insight in what a persons like and their technical 'availability' by getting to know them on the boards or as a 'friend' and it can turn into something.

Not unheard of anywhere, even WoW can lead to marriage hahaha, I've heard of that happening numerous times!

WoW, can even destroy relationships and marriages as it did mine, though I think it was just the things that pushed it over the edge.. Oh well, i have yet to find anyone men on here I want to talk to and if I do they are all taken :cry:

Maybe just not my time yet, but I personally just use this site to read the forums and log my stuff everyday!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Clearly, I am the "aggressive" on in this thread.