Is MFP used as a dating site?

Options

Replies

• _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Well, is it? I have had friends tell me they have found plenty of people to message… privately and discreetly with pictures, etc.

My take is that most of the women that get really into it in here are married. So the Desperate Housewives of MFP seem to use it to facilitate virtual "cheating" because they don't have time or the means to do it in real life. As mentioned in another thread, a lot of them don't get enough attention from their husbands so they need validation here in order to feel like they are still wanted... Seen this many times...

My take is that most of the women on here who get really into it and are married, don't say they are married... I have also seen quite a few "single" men and women get really really involved on here. It really isn't just a "Desperate Housewives" thing. Which, no offense, but I really hate that term as most women work.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    apparently for some
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    So who's up for PM'ing then?
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Well, is it? I have had friends tell me they have found plenty of people to message… privately and discreetly with pictures, etc.

My take is that most of the women that get really into it in here are married. So the Desperate Housewives of MFP seem to use it to facilitate virtual "cheating" because they don't have time or the means to do it in real life. As mentioned in another thread, a lot of them don't get enough attention from their husbands so they need validation here in order to feel like they are still wanted... Seen this many times...

You're getting your 2 bob out of this today aren't you :laugh:
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    That's outrageous!! We're here for fitness, not to find our soul mate!!! FITNESS ONLY!!!!
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options

My take is that most of the women on here who get really into it and are married, don't say they are married... I have also seen quite a few "single" men and women get really really involved on here. It really isn't just a "Desperate Housewives" thing. Which, no offense, but I really hate that term as most women work.

Right, most women work... true... I am talking specifically about ones who actually are stay at home moms that I have encountered. But yes I would agree with you, but obviously I don't see the male end of that spectrum. I was just speaking from my PERSONAL experiences and point of view.
  • bcoop911
    Options

2 bob? Must be an Aussie haha... but what was the point of your reply?
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    it doesn't matter to me how others use it. It only matters to me how I use it. Why do I care if person a is flirting with person b? Does it effect my logging my food? Does it effect me supporting my FL? does it have any impact on my daily exercise? the answer to all of these is "no."
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I have on my profile that I am married and it seems a lot of people don't care. However i did have someone get mad and delete me because he didn't read my profile and then found out I was married. So yeah, I think that some people use it as a dating site. However, I agree with wolverine, it doesn't effect me in how I use it. And BTW I am a SAHM and I don't hide the fact that I am married, After I got deleted by the person I actually put it in a post on my page and told others that if it was a problem to delete me also.
  • surfinbird_1981
    Options

2 bob? Must be an Aussie haha... but what was the point of your reply?

British actually...
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Why don't you start flirting with guys you think are cute?

As Sin pointed out, you posted the other thread yesterday, I think, about messaging guys. Best way to get a date is to start flirting, so GET TO IT!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in a relationship with my MFP iphone app. It's been 281 days and we're going strong. I think it's love! :love:
  • bcoop911
    Options
    British actually...

Well that's nice...
  • surfinbird_1981
    Options
    British actually...

Well that is nice... :-)

Indeed.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    of course it is
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Well, we are all here for the same reason...

To get laid.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    If my inbox is anything to judge by, the answer is "NO". smiley-sad030.gif

lol this
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    Well, we are all here for the same reason...

To get laid.

hello there :-)
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Why? You still looking for a dude to message?

Ha!! I love you!!!!! I may even start sending you nasty messages!!