Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Do you get hit on?

Replies

• gunshowgreg
    gunshowgreg Posts: 169 Member
    No I don't get hit on really unless I'm on MFP
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    I get hit on a bunch. I have a happy disposition and I smile often (my nickname at work is "sunshine"). People tell me that I seem friendly and approachable. I'm guessing it's more of a "approachability" thing, rather than a "hot" thing.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    No, my personality usually scares guys away. I'm ok with that, though, because cats.

Lol +1
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    okay now that we've all got all our funnies out, i'm a little concerned that OP even thinks about this? is it normal to need male validation this much? enough to bring it up to husband and compare oneself to friends. once already in a secure marriage? just wondering, not trying to be mean.

I don't NEED validation. And I never "compared" myself to my friends. I brought it up to my husband the other night because he asked if anyone hit on me that night, as part of a casual conversation. He was at a bachelorette party and was singled out by a stripper - it just came up. We talk about everything together. He tells me about the stripper that sat on his lap and tried to get him into the champagne room and I tell him about the guy that asked if we girls worked at the strip club. It's no big deal to us.

And, sorry, but just because I'm married doesn't mean I'm invisible. It's nice to get hit on, even if I have no interest in hooking up with anyone (which I don't). It doesn't "bother" me that I don't get hit on - it's just something that I recently wondered about after the party I went to. It doesn't make me feel bad about myself - it's just curiosity.

Don't listen to them darlin. They have numb vajays. You are gorgeous, I would hit on you in a heartbeat.

Yeah, mine is numb from all that attention I get from my husband, and not from strangers hitting on me. :wink:

Edit: jtexasflood beat me to it. lol
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    okay now that we've all got all our funnies out, i'm a little concerned that OP even thinks about this? is it normal to need male validation this much? enough to bring it up to husband and compare oneself to friends. once already in a secure marriage? just wondering, not trying to be mean.

I don't NEED validation. And I never "compared" myself to my friends. I brought it up to my husband the other night because he asked if anyone hit on me that night, as part of a casual conversation. He was at a bachelorette party and was singled out by a stripper - it just came up. We talk about everything together. He tells me about the stripper that sat on his lap and tried to get him into the champagne room and I tell him about the guy that asked if we girls worked at the strip club. It's no big deal to us.

And, sorry, but just because I'm married doesn't mean I'm invisible. It's nice to get hit on, even if I have no interest in hooking up with anyone (which I don't). It doesn't "bother" me that I don't get hit on - it's just something that I recently wondered about after the party I went to. It doesn't make me feel bad about myself - it's just curiosity.

Don't listen to them darlin. They have numb vajays. You are gorgeous, I would hit on you in a heartbeat.

Yeah, mine is numb from all that attention I get from my husband, and not from strangers hitting on me. :wink:

Mine only tingles for my SO :wink:
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Come to Texas if you want to get hit on, guys here are a bunch of dogs in heat. I can throw up my left hand and say I am married (engaged, close enough) and on more than one occasion I hear "it's okay, I 'm not jealous". Ha! Well my man is! I seriously don't think it has to do with the way a woman looks rather or not a guy will hit on you, I think its more so your vibe and attitude. I've always been told I am very sweet and I guess that can come off as flirting. If a guy smiles at me, I smile back, doesn't mean I am flirting and doesn't mean he should come and start hitting on me, it means I am a Texan and I smile. :bigsmile:

edit: had to add that big cheesy smiley

"Just because there's a goalie, doesn't mean you can't score" - I'm from Texas too haha

"I'm a country plowboy, not an urban cowboy...and I dont ride bulls but I have fought some men. Drive a pickup truck, trust in God and luck and I live to love Texas women."

Best looking women on the planet. (apologies to the gorgeous non-Texan women on my FL)

What can I say, we're hot! lol

[img]<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/r7av8YR5LSTpS&quot; width="500" height="226" frameBorder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>[/img]

True story. This is why I am - and will always be - a Texan.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Yes.. Gets pretty awkward when the "hitter" is married and trying to get friendly in plain sight of their spouse or they are about my daughter's age.

Maybe not awkward, maybe her husband it totally on board :wink:
    That situation is not too bad. I've had the husband ask me out for there wife a couple times...hahaha

Its when they are trying to creep from a closed relationship.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member

Sure, just not comprehending why those things have to be mutually exclusive. It's fine for you, but don't judge OP because her relationship is different.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    No I don't get hit on really unless I'm on MFP

Same here.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member

Sure, just not comprehending why those things have to be mutually exclusive. It's fine for you, but don't judge OP because her relationship is different.

I don't think there was judgement passed, just a question. Once explained that she didn't NEED validation, all is fine. Some women, however, crave validation from everyone. Clearly not OP.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member

If you were a man at a strip club, you'd be hit on too. Strippers flirt to try to make money, not find someone to go home with (well, usually).

I know that. So does he. She wanted his money, not his penis. I wasn't jealous that a stripper sat on him.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member

I think it has way less to do with beauty/hotness -- obviously, in some cases -- and more to do with the overall vibe you put out to the world.

Are you approached a lot by strangers in general? I am constantly. I think it's because I come off like I'm friendly and eager to talk/help people...which I'm actually not always in the mood to do, LOL!

FWIW I have known women who were extremely beautiful and never got asked on a date until they were like 27 years old and it was on the internet!

Nope, I don't get approached very often. Every female friend I've ever had has admitted that she thought I'd be a b*tch when she first met me. I'm actually really nice to people, but I must have a b*tch face or something. I can't say anything, because I judge people that way, too. Gorgeous blonde with an entourage - I automatically hate you. But really, I just want that body. :)
  • Come to Texas if you want to get hit on, guys here are a bunch of dogs in heat. I can throw up my left hand and say I am married (engaged, close enough) and on more than one occasion I hear "it's okay, I 'm not jealous". Ha! Well my man is! I seriously don't think it has to do with the way a woman looks rather or not a guy will hit on you, I think its more so your vibe and attitude. I've always been told I am very sweet and I guess that can come off as flirting. If a guy smiles at me, I smile back, doesn't mean I am flirting and doesn't mean he should come and start hitting on me, it means I am a Texan and I smile. :bigsmile:

Can you tell me where in Texas, since it's a pretty big state and I am moving there sometime this year!! :-)
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Hardly ever, unless I count the 70 something year old homeless guy by the gas station I go to who hits on me daily because I buy him beer.
  • segastler
    segastler Posts: 207 Member
    If you're on MFP and you haven't been hit on, then you are doing it wrong.

:)

This^^^
  • mediamogulsteve
    mediamogulsteve Posts: 115 Member
    No, and even if I did, I don't pick up on subtlety at all. LOL. Just ask my girlfriend!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    frequently hit on.
    Also randomly- non/hit on compliments- like- wow I just really wanted to say how lovely you look type things.

I wouldn't say I dress extremely provocatively- nor do I think I'm exceptionally attractive (I know I'm good looking- but I'm not the hottest thing to cross the street and I know it)
    I do dress to flatter my shape- and I have no problem show casing my assets, but I don't walk about trying LOOK for attention to get.

Shrug- might be carriage- I'm a broad shoulder- look people in the eye- very outgoing can command a room kind of person- if you keep to yourself and have a less possessive posture- even if you are extremely attractive you may not get the attention.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Hardly ever, unless I count the 70 something year old homeless guy by the gas station I go to who hits on me daily because I buy him beer.

He's mine! :laugh:
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Come to Texas if you want to get hit on, guys here are a bunch of dogs in heat. I can throw up my left hand and say I am married (engaged, close enough) and on more than one occasion I hear "it's okay, I 'm not jealous". Ha! Well my man is! I seriously don't think it has to do with the way a woman looks rather or not a guy will hit on you, I think its more so your vibe and attitude. I've always been told I am very sweet and I guess that can come off as flirting. If a guy smiles at me, I smile back, doesn't mean I am flirting and doesn't mean he should come and start hitting on me, it means I am a Texan and I smile. :bigsmile:

"Just because there's a goalie, doesn't mean you can't score" - I'm from Texas too haha
    Haha! Lord, I haven't had that said to me yet but I get your point fellow Texan ;)