Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Do you get hit on?

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    okay now that we've all got all our funnies out, i'm a little concerned that OP even thinks about this? is it normal to need male validation this much? enough to bring it up to husband and compare oneself to friends. once already in a secure marriage? just wondering, not trying to be mean.

I don't NEED validation. And I never "compared" myself to my friends. I brought it up to my husband the other night because he asked if anyone hit on me that night, as part of a casual conversation. He was at a bachelorette party and was singled out by a stripper - it just came up. We talk about everything together. He tells me about the stripper that sat on his lap and tried to get him into the champagne room and I tell him about the guy that asked if we girls worked at the strip club. It's no big deal to us.

And, sorry, but just because I'm married doesn't mean I'm invisible. It's nice to get hit on, even if I have no interest in hooking up with anyone (which I don't). It doesn't "bother" me that I don't get hit on - it's just something that I recently wondered about after the party I went to. It doesn't make me feel bad about myself - it's just curiosity.

Don't listen to them darlin. They have numb vajays. You are gorgeous, I would hit on you in a heartbeat.

+1
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    okay now that we've all got all our funnies out, i'm a little concerned that OP even thinks about this? is it normal to need male validation this much? enough to bring it up to husband and compare oneself to friends. once already in a secure marriage? just wondering, not trying to be mean.

I don't NEED validation. And I never "compared" myself to my friends. I brought it up to my husband the other night because he asked if anyone hit on me that night, as part of a casual conversation. He was at a bachelorette party and was singled out by a stripper - it just came up. We talk about everything together. He tells me about the stripper that sat on his lap and tried to get him into the champagne room and I tell him about the guy that asked if we girls worked at the strip club. It's no big deal to us.

And, sorry, but just because I'm married doesn't mean I'm invisible. It's nice to get hit on, even if I have no interest in hooking up with anyone (which I don't). It doesn't "bother" me that I don't get hit on - it's just something that I recently wondered about after the party I went to. It doesn't make me feel bad about myself - it's just curiosity.

Don't listen to them darlin. They have numb vajays. You are gorgeous, I would hit on you in a heartbeat.

Yeah, mine is numb from all that attention I get from my husband, and not from strangers hitting on me. :wink:

Edit: jtexasflood beat me to it. lol

Sure, just not comprehending why those things have to be mutually exclusive. It's fine for you, but don't judge OP because her relationship is different.

I actually wasn't one of the ones "judging," I just had to insert a dirty comment after your numb vajay comment. :laugh:
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Yes, and theyre usually not my type lol sooo annoying
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Come to Texas if you want to get hit on, guys here are a bunch of dogs in heat. I can throw up my left hand and say I am married (engaged, close enough) and on more than one occasion I hear "it's okay, I 'm not jealous". Ha! Well my man is! I seriously don't think it has to do with the way a woman looks rather or not a guy will hit on you, I think its more so your vibe and attitude. I've always been told I am very sweet and I guess that can come off as flirting. If a guy smiles at me, I smile back, doesn't mean I am flirting and doesn't mean he should come and start hitting on me, it means I am a Texan and I smile. :bigsmile:

edit: had to add that big cheesy smiley

Can you tell me where in Texas, since it's a pretty big state and I am moving there sometime this year!! :-)

How YOU doin? :bigsmile:
  • amw5471
    amw5471 Posts: 111 Member
    I am verrrrry rarely hit on, to the point that in the last 6 months I can say I was hit on 3 times and they were ALL by male body builders. Very strange experience and all their muscles make me feel self concious. But all super nice and super friendly so I didn't mind.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Hardly ever, unless I count the 70 something year old homeless guy by the gas station I go to who hits on me daily because I buy him beer.

He's mine! :laugh:

Aww shoot, and there goes by future babies daddy. *Kicks rocks*
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member

Shrug- might be carriage- I'm a broad shoulder- look people in the eye- very outgoing can command a room kind of person- if you keep to yourself and have a less possessive posture- even if you are extremely attractive you may not get the attention.

This may be true for me, too. I am awkward, silly, and an introvert actually...but I am tall and walk very erect and look people in the face and smile a lot. So people feel comfortable talking to me and if I find myself in a motley crew of strangers (say in a store, class, at jury duty, emergencies, etc) I am always elected leader. It is odd now that I really think of it!
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member

i don't think it has anything to do with validation. I've wondered the same thing myself. Everyone always tells me that gyms/fitness clubs are the biggest pickup joints EVAH and in my many years of going to one (and hanging out in the free weight rooms) no one's ever hit on me. Am I missing the signals? Are my friends exaggerating what sorts of things happen to them? Is there some kind of special code?

I mentioned this to my husband and he said, "Maybe it's because you go to the gym to work out and not meet somebody?"

And I thought, "Oh hey, maybe that is it..." So I guess I'm never going to find out what a great pick up joint my current club is.
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Come to Texas if you want to get hit on, guys here are a bunch of dogs in heat. I can throw up my left hand and say I am married (engaged, close enough) and on more than one occasion I hear "it's okay, I 'm not jealous". Ha! Well my man is! I seriously don't think it has to do with the way a woman looks rather or not a guy will hit on you, I think its more so your vibe and attitude. I've always been told I am very sweet and I guess that can come off as flirting. If a guy smiles at me, I smile back, doesn't mean I am flirting and doesn't mean he should come and start hitting on me, it means I am a Texan and I smile. :bigsmile:

Can you tell me where in Texas, since it's a pretty big state and I am moving there sometime this year!! :-)

Dallas or Addison. Hope you like it and hope you find yourself a good ole' boy or a high powered attorney as seeing how diverse Texas is becoming :D
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    From this guy's standpoint (not that I'd have a chance anyway lol), it would probably be the ring that did it. If it was openly visible and I saw it, that would say "OFF LIMITS", and I would move on. That's not to say that I wouldn't converse with you casually, though. But as far as flirting goes, that's a no-go because of my respect for a marriage.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    nope
  • I don't get hit on either they just stare :sad: I've been single for 5 years lol :blushing: maybe they see your ring
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Not hit on, nor flirted with.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    nope... never. i get flirted with, but ive been told that is only because those women want tips.... :brokenheart: :sad:

Also, this.
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member

How YOU doin? :bigsmile:

^^^@Oregon-See told ya, they're like a pack of wolves ready to attack :tongue:
    You'll find someone in no time
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    does it have to be from a real person?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member

Dallas or Addison. Hope you like it and hope you find yourself a good ole' boy or a high powered attorney as seeing how diverse Texas is becoming :D

Especially Austin, my locale. :happy:
  • KarmaKills
    KarmaKills Posts: 99 Member
    I used to get hit on all the time when I was younger...but not anymore. Guess men don't dig old ladies. lol:sad:
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member

There's your problem. Dallas and Addison has a bunch of *kitten*. Collin County is where the good guys are. :drinker: