Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Do you get hit on?

Options

Replies

• molly2977
    molly2977 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think it has to do with how approachable you seem. I have been told that I come across as very approachable. I have had complete strangers break into their life story after a hello and how are you. I get hit on more as I lose more weight, but I'm hardly textbook attractive or have a great body.

I completely agree. I get approached by people ALL THE TIME. I don't get hit on a lot (only drunk dudes), but people tell me their life story in the grocery line. I don't think most people would just approach someone and hit on them. I know I wouldn't, even when I was single (and I'm not shy at all).
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I asked my husband why he thinks it happens a lot, if I was sending out a vibe. He said it's just because I'm hot. But, of course he thinks that (he's my husband).
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    No
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I can honestly count the number of times I've been hit on in the past 7 years (since I met my husband) on one hand. I'm far from cocky, but I'm not ugly and I've got a decent body, especially with clothes on....

b3laib.jpg
    (No, I don't dress like this daily. It was a country-themed bachelorette party this past weekend.)

But I never get hit on. The girls I'm with get hit on, I see other girls getting hit on. But not me. I'm not exactly heartbroken about it, being married and all, but it does make me wonder what kind of look or vibe I've got going on that causes men to not approach me. In some cases, it''s probably the wedding ring. However, I asked my husband what he thought and he said, "You just look too smart and high maintenance. Guys probably think you're either going to reject them or make them spend all of their money before they can get into your pants." Say whaaa? Haha!

So, do you get hit on a lot? What is there to say about decent-looking girls that don't get creepy guys trying to hit her up in bars?

I can honestly say that for the entire time I was with my ex, married or before, I never got hit on. Someone once said (after the divorce) I would need to let down that barrier. Hell, I didn't know I put one up!! I just thought I was just not attractive enough for a man to hit on!

It took 2.5 years to work through 30+ years of being 'married' but it seems now I get a bit more attention. Although I need to get out more to test this theory LOL
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Considering all the posts from MFP women complaining about being hit on, I find this opposite complaint to be amusing.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I can honestly count the number of times I've been hit on in the past 7 years (since I met my husband) on one hand. I'm far from cocky, but I'm not ugly and I've got a decent body, especially with clothes on....

b3laib.jpg
    (No, I don't dress like this daily. It was a country-themed bachelorette party this past weekend.)

But I never get hit on. The girls I'm with get hit on, I see other girls getting hit on. But not me. I'm not exactly heartbroken about it, being married and all, but it does make me wonder what kind of look or vibe I've got going on that causes men to not approach me. In some cases, it''s probably the wedding ring. However, I asked my husband what he thought and he said, "You just look too smart and high maintenance. Guys probably think you're either going to reject them or make them spend all of their money before they can get into your pants." Say whaaa? Haha!

So, do you get hit on a lot? What is there to say about decent-looking girls that don't get creepy guys trying to hit her up in bars?

I can honestly say that for the entire time I was with my ex, married or before, I never got hit on. Someone once said (after the divorce) I would need to let down that barrier. Hell, I didn't know I put one up!! I just thought I was just not attractive enough for a man to hit on!

It took 2.5 years to work through 30+ years of being 'married' but it seems now I get a bit more attention. Although I need to get out more to test this theory LOL

I'd hit it. Sup cutie?
  • JulieGirl58
    JulieGirl58 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even know if I was being hit on. Men think I am hitting on them when I am just being friendly. I have a very bubbly personality and I always want everyone to feel good about themselves, so I often chat up new employees at the office, and unfortunately, if they are men, they think I am hitting on them. In order for me to realize I am being hit on the man would have to come right out and say, "Baby, I am totally hitting on you right now!"
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Not really
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I guess I do, more often than I know. I am told by people when I get hit on, apparently I'm oblivious.
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    Only my creditors
  • Geoj0
    Geoj0 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Im not bragging, yes i get hit on all the time in real life.. I dont ask for it i dont dress like a im desperate and i dont make any kind of invitation. i have been married for 20 years and been completely faithful not even flirting or talking to other men.

ive been fat, thin on all levels, engaged ,married, pregnant and pretended to be lesbian, hit on by men and women of all ages , it doesnt make a difference. Sometimes its flattering , sometimes its scary and insulting.

my family say im a natural flirt, but i really dont flirt even when im single.

i dont know what it is.
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    Come to Texas if you want to get hit on, guys here are a bunch of dogs in heat. I can throw up my left hand and say I am married (engaged, close enough) and on more than one occasion I hear "it's okay, I 'm not jealous". Ha! Well my man is! I seriously don't think it has to do with the way a woman looks rather or not a guy will hit on you, I think its more so your vibe and attitude. I've always been told I am very sweet and I guess that can come off as flirting. If a guy smiles at me, I smile back, doesn't mean I am flirting and doesn't mean he should come and start hitting on me, it means I am a Texan and I smile. :bigsmile:

edit: had to add that big cheesy smiley

Can you tell me where in Texas, since it's a pretty big state and I am moving there sometime this year!! :-)

Dallas or Addison. Hope you like it and hope you find yourself a good ole' boy or a high powered attorney as seeing how diverse Texas is becoming :D

I think my brother said N Dallas, Plano, Richardson and Addison... so sounds good to me! Although I think the prices are a bit too steep for me to afford in N Dallas. Would love to have either, just as long as they don't treat a woman like an idiot just because they have a vagina!
    What kind of guys have you dated? lol. No I never dated a guy who thought I was an idiot because I had a vagina. In fact the men I've dated and any man for that matter I know here likes a woman with a good head on her shoulders. Maybe if you're going to college out here you might run into some frat guys but I don't think anyone will treat you like your an idiot :smile:

Sorry for the confusion... just referring to the general type of males here... Very redneck, narrow minded, and very uneducated/ignorant, women should be barefoot, pregnant and subservient at all times. And the last 2 will NEVER happen.

Men have been surprised that I know how to check my own oil, change a tire, and run a power tool. When I mention that I actually built my own house and know how to shoot (and enjoy it)... typically any discussion is over.

I am just looking forward to meeting men who are actually male adults, not the local drunk 40 or 50 year men looking for a brood mare or maid.
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    Come to Texas if you want to get hit on, guys here are a bunch of dogs in heat. I can throw up my left hand and say I am married (engaged, close enough) and on more than one occasion I hear "it's okay, I 'm not jealous". Ha! Well my man is! I seriously don't think it has to do with the way a woman looks rather or not a guy will hit on you, I think its more so your vibe and attitude. I've always been told I am very sweet and I guess that can come off as flirting. If a guy smiles at me, I smile back, doesn't mean I am flirting and doesn't mean he should come and start hitting on me, it means I am a Texan and I smile. :bigsmile:

edit: had to add that big cheesy smiley

Can you tell me where in Texas, since it's a pretty big state and I am moving there sometime this year!! :-)

Dallas or Addison. Hope you like it and hope you find yourself a good ole' boy or a high powered attorney as seeing how diverse Texas is becoming :D

I think my brother said N Dallas, Plano, Richardson and Addison... so sounds good to me! Although I think the prices are a bit too steep for me to afford in N Dallas. Would love to have either, just as long as they don't treat a woman like an idiot just because they have a vagina!

Nope. We like our women with vaginas AND brains. Bewbs don't hurt either. :wink:

Good, the outlook is getting better! I am 3 for 3 there!!! Although the bewbs are proportionate with the bod... ;-)
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I'll confess, I do get hit on quite often, by both men and women. I always have my ring on, so it's not that. My hubs says that it has a lot to do with personality, often more so than it does to do with looks.

I wouldn't doubt the personality part of it you, though the looks department is pretty nice reflection in the eyes as well...
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    In real life, only by hubby :) I've been told my resting face is "angry" and a boy in high school once said "I don't tease you like the other girls because I'm afraid you'd kill me" lol! I'm also crazy shy. Hubby claims though that the reason our waiter got too flustered to take my order once was because he thought I was cute :p
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Guys will "hit on" me virtually, or over text. -___- Never has a guy been gutsy enough to hit on me in person.
    Girls will compliment me, but guys.... nothing.

Only grandma's, my momma, and my boss tell me I'm handsome. Others, nothing.

Sad panda.

Awww don't be sad, I'm not your grandma, mamma or boss and I think your very handsome. Sooooo LOL
    Wait!!! is that hitting on you?????
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Guys will "hit on" me virtually, or over text. -___- Never has a guy been gutsy enough to hit on me in person.
    Girls will compliment me, but guys.... nothing.

Only grandma's, my momma, and my boss tell me I'm handsome. Others, nothing.

Sad panda.

Sup Rica, come sit on Papi's lap...:flowerforyou:
  • Fredhatfield2
    Fredhatfield2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Naw... Not that I know of. I don't go out much though, don't talk much, and the wedding band does discourage gals, I suppose. Not really wanting to get hit on either. But I do want to look good and get an occasional look (just being honest!). Working on that!
  • smokeyg01
    smokeyg01 Posts: 1,064
    Options
    Only by old women lol
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Only by old women lol

Haha my husband has that problem, too! The old ladies think he's soooooo cute :p