Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Do you get hit on?

Options

Replies

• ThinkInOregon
    Options
    Come to Texas if you want to get hit on, guys here are a bunch of dogs in heat. I can throw up my left hand and say I am married (engaged, close enough) and on more than one occasion I hear "it's okay, I 'm not jealous". Ha! Well my man is! I seriously don't think it has to do with the way a woman looks rather or not a guy will hit on you, I think its more so your vibe and attitude. I've always been told I am very sweet and I guess that can come off as flirting. If a guy smiles at me, I smile back, doesn't mean I am flirting and doesn't mean he should come and start hitting on me, it means I am a Texan and I smile. :bigsmile:

edit: had to add that big cheesy smiley

Can you tell me where in Texas, since it's a pretty big state and I am moving there sometime this year!! :-)

Dallas or Addison. Hope you like it and hope you find yourself a good ole' boy or a high powered attorney as seeing how diverse Texas is becoming :D

I think my brother said N Dallas, Plano, Richardson and Addison... so sounds good to me! Although I think the prices are a bit too steep for me to afford in N Dallas. Would love to have either, just as long as they don't treat a woman like an idiot just because they have a vagina!
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Nope, only by my boss!
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I NEVER get hit on...I think I must send out an unapproachable vibe....and I AM single...

Tell you what I will put on my football official's uniform and we can hit on each other.
  • archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Often. Yesterday some guy very loudly said, "GOD I LOVE SPANDEX" over and over again as I crossed the street (I live in gym clothes). It's weird, because I still have this image of myself being a 200lb awkward teenager and while I know I'm not fugly, I don't consider myself attractive enough to receive the kind of attention I get from men these days. I think it has to do with how I look, tattoos, piercings and I dress youthfully... I think in the mind of some men this equates a girl with being easy to nail.

I'm not an easy one :devil:
  • robertdc50
    Options
    My girl friend says that this happens to me all the time, by the waitresses when we go out to eat. I'm pretty sure they're just wanting a bigger tip.

I may be a cynic, but that's always my internal reaction too. They must want something, cuz they ain't lookin' to hook up with this old dude :)
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Yes. My 25 and 19 year old son's friends hit on my all the time!!!! WTH is up with that? My guy doesn't seem to mind. LOL
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Used to , now I don't bother.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I've had guys compliment me in the gym, is that being hit on?
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    not even occasionally
  • dblaacker
    dblaacker Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on where you go. If I go to a townie bar, I get some looks, but nobody hits on me. However, when I went out to an actual club 3 weeks ago with a friend, there was a guy or two at every place that tried to get up in my business (for lack of a better term). I was dressed decently, too, with a tank top that covered boobs and bra straps, a sweater, and jeans. So basically, if you want to be hit on, go where there are drunk people who may have little inhibition.
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    every time I think I am getting hit on , I chalk it up to its just a nice person who want to talk or take my order etc.. but I flirt anyhow :) makes everyone happy
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    Come to Texas if you want to get hit on, guys here are a bunch of dogs in heat. I can throw up my left hand and say I am married (engaged, close enough) and on more than one occasion I hear "it's okay, I 'm not jealous". Ha! Well my man is! I seriously don't think it has to do with the way a woman looks rather or not a guy will hit on you, I think its more so your vibe and attitude. I've always been told I am very sweet and I guess that can come off as flirting. If a guy smiles at me, I smile back, doesn't mean I am flirting and doesn't mean he should come and start hitting on me, it means I am a Texan and I smile. :bigsmile:

Can you tell me where in Texas, since it's a pretty big state and I am moving there sometime this year!! :-)

Dallas or Addison. Hope you like it and hope you find yourself a good ole' boy or a high powered attorney as seeing how diverse Texas is becoming :D

There's your problem. Dallas and Addison has a bunch of *kitten*. Collin County is where the good guys are. :drinker:

^^^True^^^ Some pretty hot guys when I used to live in Plano. Assuming because they were hot they were certainly not *kitten* either :wink:

Loving this... potential for TX prospects is definitely rising!! :happy:
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

I think my brother said N Dallas, Plano, Richardson and Addison... so sounds good to me! Although I think the prices are a bit too steep for me to afford in N Dallas. Would love to have either, just as long as they don't treat a woman like an idiot just because they have a vagina!

Nope. We like our women with vaginas AND brains. Bewbs don't hurt either. :wink:
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Guys will "hit on" me virtually, or over text. -___- Never has a guy been gutsy enough to hit on me in person.
    Girls will compliment me, but guys.... nothing.

Only grandma's, my momma, and my boss tell me I'm handsome. Others, nothing.

Sad panda.
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    This seemed to bother my wife a while back, which I don't really understand since I'm very demonstrative about how hot she is. She also seems to be oblivious when guys actually do hit on her and thinks they are just "being nice/friendly". Maybe your radar is similarly not good at detecting attention.

It hasn't happened to me in a long time. But I met my wife because she hit on me... so it happened when it counted that is good for me :)
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Have you ever seen the video about the condition some women suffer called "B*tchy Resting Face?"

Apparently I have this.

I look angry when I'm not.

sigh...
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I'll confess, I do get hit on quite often, by both men and women. I always have my ring on, so it's not that. My hubs says that it has a lot to do with personality, often more so than it does to do with looks.
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options

What kind of guys have you dated? lol. No I never dated a guy who thought I was an idiot because I had a vagina. In fact the men I've dated and any man for that matter I know here likes a woman with a good head on her shoulders. Maybe if you're going to college out here you might run into some frat guys but I don't think anyone will treat you like your an idiot :smile: