Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Do you get hit on?

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I will admit that yes, I do get hit on (even when married, and even when I was at my highest weight of 300 lb) by guys who actually sorta are "my type" in some way - fairly nerdy guys a little younger than I am who listen to what I'd consider really good music. Kind of lays to rest that idea that women with short hair, overweight, etc, don't get hit on :-D And by "hit on" I mean anything from overly chatty flirtation to actually asking me out on dates. I've noticed this happened MORE before my MFP weight loss, though.

However when I get hit on by guys who are much older and/or just not my type at all (very conservative, cowboy types, etc) it surprises me more and sometimes even freaks me out. That does not happen too often. And it happens with roughly the same frequency whether I'm a size 22 or size 12/14.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Yes.. Gets pretty awkward when the "hitter" is married and trying to get friendly in plain sight of their spouse or they are about my daughter's age.
  • MQ02nnY.gif

That is one of the funniest GIF's I have seen in a LONG time!!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    okay now that we've all got all our funnies out, i'm a little concerned that OP even thinks about this? is it normal to need male validation this much? enough to bring it up to husband and compare oneself to friends. once already in a secure marriage? just wondering, not trying to be mean.

I don't NEED validation. And I never "compared" myself to my friends. I brought it up to my husband the other night because he asked if anyone hit on me that night, as part of a casual conversation. He was at a bachelorette party and was singled out by a stripper - it just came up. We talk about everything together. He tells me about the stripper that sat on his lap and tried to get him into the champagne room and I tell him about the guy that asked if we girls worked at the strip club. It's no big deal to us.

And, sorry, but just because I'm married doesn't mean I'm invisible. It's nice to get hit on, even if I have no interest in hooking up with anyone (which I don't). It doesn't "bother" me that I don't get hit on - it's just something that I recently wondered about after the party I went to. It doesn't make me feel bad about myself - it's just curiosity.
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    The use of your bait, the cranking motion. The top water action. It has been expertly used.

:laugh:
  • Iceberg_Simpson
    Iceberg_Simpson Posts: 737 Member
    If you're on MFP and you haven't been hit on, then you are doing it wrong.

:)
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Everyone should have some Texas in them.

How Y'ALL doin'?
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Does an old man telling me "My, you look mighty Savory today" count?
    Yes, Savory, Scrumptious and Succulent all count! lol
    :love: oh and if he is old then add Saporous too
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    I NEVER get hit on...I think I must send out an unapproachable vibe....and I AM single...

+1... glad I'm not the only one...
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Yes.. Gets pretty awkward when the "hitter" is married and trying to get friendly in plain sight of their spouse or they are about my daughter's age.

Maybe not awkward, maybe her husband it totally on board :wink:
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    not yet....hint hint
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    okay now that we've all got all our funnies out, i'm a little concerned that OP even thinks about this? is it normal to need male validation this much? enough to bring it up to husband and compare oneself to friends. once already in a secure marriage? just wondering, not trying to be mean.

I don't NEED validation. And I never "compared" myself to my friends. I brought it up to my husband the other night because he asked if anyone hit on me that night, as part of a casual conversation. He was at a bachelorette party and was singled out by a stripper - it just came up. We talk about everything together. He tells me about the stripper that sat on his lap and tried to get him into the champagne room and I tell him about the guy that asked if we girls worked at the strip club. It's no big deal to us.

And, sorry, but just because I'm married doesn't mean I'm invisible. It's nice to get hit on, even if I have no interest in hooking up with anyone (which I don't). It doesn't "bother" me that I don't get hit on - it's just something that I recently wondered about after the party I went to. It doesn't make me feel bad about myself - it's just curiosity.

I occasionally have gotten concerned that no one hits one me or checks me out. But I usually get over it quickly.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Come to Texas if you want to get hit on, guys here are a bunch of dogs in heat. I can throw up my left hand and say I am married (engaged, close enough) and on more than one occasion I hear "it's okay, I 'm not jealous". Ha! Well my man is! I seriously don't think it has to do with the way a woman looks rather or not a guy will hit on you, I think its more so your vibe and attitude. I've always been told I am very sweet and I guess that can come off as flirting. If a guy smiles at me, I smile back, doesn't mean I am flirting and doesn't mean he should come and start hitting on me, it means I am a Texan and I smile. :bigsmile:

edit: had to add that big cheesy smiley

"Just because there's a goalie, doesn't mean you can't score" - I'm from Texas too haha

"I'm a country plowboy, not an urban cowboy...and I dont ride bulls but I have fought some men. Drive a pickup truck, trust in God and luck and I live to love Texas women."

Best looking women on the planet. (apologies to the gorgeous non-Texan women on my FL)

From Texas too, and I probably do get hit on, but I refuse to take it that way. I'd just rather assume they're just Texans being Texans, i.e. polite and sweet.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member

Don't listen to them darlin. They have numb vajays. You are gorgeous, I would hit on you in a heartbeat.
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Come to Texas if you want to get hit on, guys here are a bunch of dogs in heat. I can throw up my left hand and say I am married (engaged, close enough) and on more than one occasion I hear "it's okay, I 'm not jealous". Ha! Well my man is! I seriously don't think it has to do with the way a woman looks rather or not a guy will hit on you, I think its more so your vibe and attitude. I've always been told I am very sweet and I guess that can come off as flirting. If a guy smiles at me, I smile back, doesn't mean I am flirting and doesn't mean he should come and start hitting on me, it means I am a Texan and I smile. :bigsmile:

edit: had to add that big cheesy smiley

"Just because there's a goalie, doesn't mean you can't score" - I'm from Texas too haha

"I'm a country plowboy, not an urban cowboy...and I dont ride bulls but I have fought some men. Drive a pickup truck, trust in God and luck and I live to love Texas women."

Best looking women on the planet. (apologies to the gorgeous non-Texan women on my FL)

That's just how we roll

(insert a hilarious gif that won't work for me right now)
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    No, my personality usually scares guys away. I'm ok with that, though, because cats.

Lol +1
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    I can count the number of times in my entire life on one hand. So dont feel bad.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member

If you were a man at a strip club, you'd be hit on too. Strippers flirt to try to make money, not find someone to go home with (well, usually).
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member

I think it has way less to do with beauty/hotness -- obviously, in some cases -- and more to do with the overall vibe you put out to the world.

Are you approached a lot by strangers in general? I am constantly. I think it's because I come off like I'm friendly and eager to talk/help people...which I'm actually not always in the mood to do, LOL!

FWIW I have known women who were extremely beautiful and never got asked on a date until they were like 27 years old and it was on the internet!