Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Do you get hit on?

Options

Replies

• kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    jlisa24 wrote: »
    kimvmajor wrote: »
    kchuskey wrote: »
    Only when I am on business trips having dinner or a drink at the hotel bar alone. It's like men feel it's their duty. They don't care if I am married (and certainly not if they are).

Being a salesman, I know this all too well. Ahhh...The lobby bar. :#

I travel for work a lot and I swear that women at the hotel bar suddenly become 10 times more attractive in men's eyes. And, I am an extrovert, I will chat with pretty much anyone. But, I have had men just assume I was going to go back to their room. Um, no. Most of the time probably not even if I was single.

I also travel for work. Im the same way - really outgoing and end up making friends with half the bar. Dont know if i had ever been blatantly asked or had anyone assume I was going to their room though!

I did once have a man pull over on the road cuz he thought i was a hooker lol gotta love Hollywood. That was a easy $700, I mean wait, what?

$700!? *kitten* I only average $15.00! :D

• Kvm11628
    Kvm11628 Posts: 7,386 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's my territory and the men are sleazier? Or lonelier? And, HA, JLisa!
  • kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    Options

Where is your territory? I cover 4-States. Kansas, Colorado, Missouri, and Nebraska! Maybe we can each bring a bottle of wine, and watch Sportscenter! No funny stuff! :)
  • atiana19
    atiana19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    nope not really- lots of looks thats about it
  • drywall_painter
    drywall_painter Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    No, not that I need to be but it would be a boost.
  • Kvm11628
    Kvm11628 Posts: 7,386 Member
    Options

Where is your territory? I cover 4-States. Kansas, Colorado, Missouri, and Nebraska! Maybe we can each bring a bottle of wine, and watch Sportscenter! No funny stuff! :)

I have those states as my territory, but not for travel. I travel in the New York metro region AKA traffic hell. Some days after crossing the bazillionth bridge or tunnel in bumper to bumper traffic, all I want is to sit at the bar, commiserate with others, and have a stiff drink. Throw in a little PTI vs. Sportscenter and I am in.
  • ScrewtheCause
    ScrewtheCause Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Not really. Though I'm pretty anti-social.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Yep I still get hit on at almost 52 and even by younger men, but generally when I am feeling pretty upbeat and just radiating how good the day is in my general demeanor. Even with no makeup, and glasses and sweats on, lol. It's all about confidence and feeling good in your own skin - that makes you attractive. And everyone (man or woman) is drawn to positivity. I take it all as a compliment and don't get bent out of shape unless the guy is being crude, then it's F. You, buddy.
  • jlisa24
    jlisa24 Posts: 305 Member
    Options

Haha! It might be due to the fact i act and joke like a dude. Maybe they think im a lesbian.

I cover michigan down to texas and the entire west through to hawaii. Ill hit up NY metro for conferences. Im pretty sure ive hit a few sleezy hotel bars in there somewhere.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options

I have those states as my territory, but not for travel. I travel in the New York metro region AKA traffic hell. Some days after crossing the bazillionth bridge or tunnel in bumper to bumper traffic, all I want is to sit at the bar, commiserate with others, and have a stiff drink. Throw in a little PTI vs. Sportscenter and I am in.

I Traveled to Omaha in December for 4 Days, and ill tell you this the Traffic in the DMV area is like 2000x worse then there...i was amazed and i want to move out there now..
  • reachingunder120
    reachingunder120 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I never get hit on. But I also glare at anyone who looks like they might possibly coming to hit on me.
  • AngieGetsHealthyin2012
    Options
    I seem to get hit on more when I feel like I look the worst. Ponytail, old clothes, dropping by the store on the way home from the gym. It happens like that often enough that I have to wonder if I look unapproachable when dressed more nicely. And no, I'm not pretty. Just average looking. Maybe it has more to do with the energy or joy radiating out than with looks.
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    It's funny - I have one particular friend and when I go out with her, I find I get hit on much more than if I go out with anyone else or in a larger group.

We have loads of fun, but in a very relaxed way, and I think it makes me (us) seem more 'approachable'.
  • tylahquartez323
    tylahquartez323 Posts: 1,478 Member
    Options
    Never :(
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Only when I am on business trips having dinner or a drink at the hotel bar alone. It's like men feel it's their duty. They don't care if I am married (and certainly not if they are).

Being a salesman, I know this all too well. Ahhh...The lobby bar. :#
    How so? Why?
  • New_determination
    New_determination Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Nope barely ever
  • tylahquartez323
    tylahquartez323 Posts: 1,478 Member
    Options
    I hit on her^^
  • monray92
    monray92 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Nah..
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I do not know if it is being hit but, a lot of folks try to give me bananas ........
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Never