Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Do you get hit on?

Options

Replies

• Needtostart797
    Options
    Never ever ;)
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Well sure. My hubby always puts the moves on me :laugh: :tongue:
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    yawn.gif
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I got hit on for the first time in my life a couple weeks ago!! WOOT!!

There I was...at Half Price Books. They were doing a story time event so my kids were sitting in the children's section drinking juice and eating cookies. Daddy went for a walk. I went over to the cooking section and was perusing the shelves when all of a sudden I look up and standing there is a woman in a tight black t-shirt, thick rimmed glasses, and a smile on her face. Her eyes raise up to mine and she says, "Nice Optimus Prime shirt." "Thank you," I reply. She then turns to the book shelf and continues, "I been out of the book scene for a while; what do you recommend?" Seeing as how we are standing in the cooking aisle, I have no idea what to say. Trying to be witty, I said "In the end, isn't it all just...food." She turns to me quickly, "that is just what I was thinking." I could see that story time was drawing to a close, so I ended our conversation politely and made my way back to my wife. I told her what had just happened and she busted out laughing. "You're such a dork." Now that is a lady who knows how to talk to me...
  • rexroars
    rexroars Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I do all the time... to the point that it makes me uncomfortable. Like sometimes it's not creepy, really just a guy looking to meet someone, but usually it's really intimidating and extremely disrespectful.

I think it's because I'm young - so I still go out downtown and to bars fairly often, and I LOOK shy. It's hard for me to not smile 100% of the time, and I smile and laugh when I'm nervous. Like literally I can be so uncomfortable I'm on the verge of crying but I just smile and laugh.

I took a self defense class and they made me practice making mean faces. It was really hard.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Rarely.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Pretty much never
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I get hit on occasionally, but only when I'm by myself. Then I shoot them down quickly, because I'm happy in my relationship.

The most awkward one was when I was in Walmart. I was walking down an aisle and some guy said hi to me. I turned because I assumed it was someone I knew and just didn't recognize. Needless to say, I didn't know him. He then says to me, with a long southern drawl, "You suuuure are pretty." I just walked away, thoroughly creeped out. Nothing like trying to pick up girls in Walmart.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Very rarely. My husband is usually with me, he tends to intimidate!
  • Ashes_To_Beast
    Ashes_To_Beast Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Nope:grumble:
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I used to get hit on pretty regularly before I met my husband, mostly when I wasn't "putting myself out there". Now I think men can sense I have the Not Interested stamp on my forehead and when he's with me, they're definitely not going to approach me. He's a big guy :love:

Men at the gym occasionally hit on me when we aren't together, but I usually break their little hearts and bruise their ego when I comment on their pathetic, or complete lack of, leg day.
  • alpha_andy
    alpha_andy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    We'll I'm at this engagement party and a cousin (in-law side) wants to hug me 3 times over 2 hours. Really?
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Used to. But then I got fat. lol. So that's that. :D
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    We'll I'm at this engagement party and a cousin (in-law side) wants to hug me 3 times over 2 hours. Really?
    Well, duh.
    kristenwiigfanningself_zps4f2e3b2c.gif
  • saracantthink
    saracantthink Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Not anymore. 7 months pregnant and constantly with a toddler just don't scream hit on me, lol. I do get help without asking, however. The guy who bagged my groceries last week loaded them into my car while I got my daughter in her car seat, and people are always very happy to hold the door for me or assist me in other ways. I miss being hit on, but I enjoy the reverence that people have for pregnant women and mothers.
  • benniesmother
    benniesmother Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    rarely.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Pretty much never

I find that hard to believe.
  • alpha_andy
    alpha_andy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well, duh.
    kristenwiigfanningself_zps4f2e3b2c.gif
    Lol thank you sweets
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Pretty much never

I find that hard to believe.

Thanks but in all seriousness it never happens to me.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    I have not been in a public gym in a long time, however when I'm out with a friend our even the misses I'm told that I'm getting hit on. Perhaps I am sometimes I'm a little slow on the pickup but I tend to think my friends are typical guys; you know the type, any girl that is looking their way is hitting on them (whatever!) and the misses is just a little over protective and insecure at times. I can't possible be getting hit on as often as they elude to it. Either that, or I've really been missing out all these years. However, when I do actually get hit on, I take it as a complement.