Do you get hit on?

Options

Replies

• Vegas_Don
    Vegas_Don Posts: 367 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My wife says its bothersome, and annoying. Is she lying to me? (I think I found a topic for my next thread, so far my thread counts are averaging in the double digits...the lower double digits :'( )
  • LC932017
    LC932017 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    donamel04 wrote: »
    My wife says its bothersome, and annoying. Is she lying to me? (I think I found a topic for my next thread, so far my thread counts are averaging in the double digits...the lower double digits :'( )

Your wife is sooooo not lying to you. Plain and simple it's uncomfortable and annoying and at times disrespectful. Trust her on this.

• Texafornia23
    Texafornia23 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I don't get hit on nearly enough. In fact... !'d shamelessly welcome it if it did happen. :)

• joshua3179
    joshua3179 Posts: 2,882 Member
    Options
    joshua3179 wrote: »
    Sinistrous wrote: »

I have to interject here because I don't get this at all. Mannish? Ummmmm??? Not going to get any more desirable? She's 19 (You're 19!). What does that mean for us women in our 40s? Should we put on the beige stretch waist capris and cut our hair into a silver helmet?

The last opinion I would ever want in the entire world is that of a 19 year-old boy.

That color font is crazy.

I was going to post that some of the sexiest ladies I've seen on this site are very well over their 40s. I'm guessing I just don't see where all of that is coming from. She looks curvy in her pics (screams femininity in all levels).. I don't get it. Perhaps the friends are just immature and too much into the stick figure/model world. -goes back to finishing job related stuff-

Curvy girls aren't popular around here, unfortunately. My boyfriend is the only guy I've met that prefers a curvier shape--most of my male friends prefer rail-thin types.
    Well I'm all about that bass... Js

What exactly does "bass" refer to? Because if it's a butt, I don't have one, haha.

Just means that I like a curvier girl lol
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I can count the number of times I've been hit on in my entire 24 years on one hand. It's not many at all. I've come to the conclusion lately (I mean, it's a work in progress, I'm still trying to figure it out) that I'm just... awkward. I don't really make eye contact, I'm not good at small talk, I definitely don't have the "approach me!" vibe going on. If anything, I give off the "leave me the F alone" vibe. I'm also a grad student so I'm totally absorbed in my work most of the time, not to mention the fact that the pool of men available is especially limited, aaaaand I'm stereotypically academic as in pretty much incapable of normal conversation with normal people. :neutral_face:
  • SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    Options
    Yup. I didn't realize it though until I got asked out at the gym. Twice.
  • starrynight1929
    starrynight1929 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't get hit on very often, and have a similar figure... 5'6 and 130 pounds.

If I do get hit on, it involves a lower cut top.
  • starrynight1929
    starrynight1929 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Actually I went to a bar by myself for an hour and didn't get any free drinks. Oh well!
  • malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    How does a girl go about hitting on a guy? Do you walk right up to them and start talking, or do you just stare till they walk up to you/run away screaming?
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    How does a girl go about hitting on a guy? Do you walk right up to them and start talking, or do you just stare till they walk up to you/run away screaming?

Stare, smile.
    I was hit on while I was getting fast food today :,( LOL
    WHILE I was on the phone with my S.O. bahahaha.. Crazy.
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options

just do this: (seriously though, just lots of eye contact..strike up a conversation if he doesnt do it first..thats it)

How+i+would+flirt+as+a+girl_6fa83b_4147753.gif
  • Sinistrous
    Options

just do this: (seriously though, just lots of eye contact..strike up a conversation if he doesnt do it first..thats it)

How+i+would+flirt+as+a+girl_6fa83b_4147753.gif

11.gif
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I really don't get hit on. I think it's because I'm too old.
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    justcat206 wrote: »
    Nope, but I've got social anxiety and have been told I give off "cold prickly" vibes (probably because I find eye contact terrifying). Online, though, apparently I'm fair game even though I clearly state everywhere that I'm married. So I'm chalking it up to a body-language thing. I'm not looking, so it's no biggie that I apparently scare people away :p

I have social anxiety as well, and no, I never get hit on

You may come off as intimidating.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. But not constantly or so much that it is a problem. I think most people do at some point, some people are just more subtle about it than others.
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    justcat206 wrote: »
    Nope, but I've got social anxiety and have been told I give off "cold prickly" vibes (probably because I find eye contact terrifying). Online, though, apparently I'm fair game even though I clearly state everywhere that I'm married. So I'm chalking it up to a body-language thing. I'm not looking, so it's no biggie that I apparently scare people away :p

I have social anxiety as well, and no, I never get hit on

You may come off as intimidating.

Could very well be true

Well, shz, look at those pecs. People may think you're just one of those "GET AWAY FROM ME" typical guys, y'know? LOL.
    Guess it takes to get to know someone to find that out, eh.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    No. :'(

To all the single ladies.

joeyhowyoudoin-1.gif