Dr. OZ Detox

Options
123457»

Replies

• MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    It could be that for the first 3 months your body had enough energy stores to make up for the deficit. Now that its used it up, it needs more calories. Im eating 1800-1900 calories a day and generally eat back at least some of my exercise calories and Im losing 1-2 lbs per week. Im fairly inactive (a lot more inactive than one would expect a mom of 4 to be :blushing: )

This works well for me, some days Im hungry, but trust me, if I go below 1700 cals a day Im utterly useless.... you were going to try a 3 day detox... if you're willing to try one random idea why not try another... for 1 month bump up your calories... even to 1600 and see how it goes

(5'7 sw 210 cw 191 110 days)

Because bumping up my calories scares the crap out of me! Like I said I'm doing well with my weight loss and I'm happy with it. :ohwell:
    Just don't want to mess it up.

Fine...but in another month when you stall because it is time to reduce the calories your body needs have fun getting the last 10-15 pounds off at 900 calories a day... just saying.

It makes more sense to lose weight at the highest calorie intake possible and reduce from there not the lowest possible with nowhere else to go.

^^This. Trust me, that is what will happen. Then the only thing you will have to do is a reverse diet where you will most likely gain back a significant amount of weight. Either that or you will have to eat 900 and less cals everyday for the rest of your life. Having weight drop off is not the same as being "successful". Being successful denotes that you've reached the goal and are able to maintain it for life at a healthy level. Look into raising cals slowly in order to raise your base cals without gaining fat. And remember that scale weight and fat loss/gain are not the same thing.
  • aem91409
    aem91409 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to drop this off again....

Your TDEE just sitting in an office chair all day is ~1800. Throw in exercise it's over 2K.

If you're only eating 1200 calories, gross, you're probably running 600-900 deficit, if not more.

Why would MFP tell me that's what I need?

MFP gave you your base calorie needed using the info you input - AND when you set up your goals, you did them wrong. You aren't sedentary, you do not sit on a couch all day doing absolutely nothing. And you probably said you want to lose 2lbs per week, which only an obese person should enter.

Change your goals to more realistic goals:
    lightly active
    lose 1 pound per week
    and eat back 50% your exercise calories (at least)

My BMI did come back as obese, so yes I did want to lose 2 pounds per week.

That's not you in the profile picture then?

Yes it's me about 3 days ago
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the Dr. OZ appeal. He is a quack. Why would anyone trust anything from someone who actually looks like Satan?

I like his show and like all television shows, you have to do the research without following blindly the advice. Some of his advice is quite solid. Who can argue that filling your plate with 80% low GI and 20% protein and fats will not help you lose weight? Some of it is out there and some of his guests are questionable. Who can argue that the exercises shown on his show are not beneficial? He is also in the unenviable position of others saying he endorses their product when in fact he doesn't. So, like him or don't like him, follow some of his advice or don't but realize there are others who do enjoy the information Dr Oz shares.