My calorie goal hard to reach, any suggestions?

Options

Replies

• Clendenen49
    Clendenen49 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Its cool just keep suggesting that people who are overweight can eat whatever they want and they'll get results as long they eat under maintenance calories.

Stop twisting people's words. You absolutely SHOULDN'T eat whatever you want to stay under your maintenance calories and lose weight. You SHOULD hit certain macronutrient, micronutrient, and fiber goals every day. Now in order to do that, most of the food you eat is going to end up being nutritious, minimally processed food, but you can ALSO eat processed food or other food that you enjoy in moderation and it actually HELPS you stay on your diet and prevents binges. It's a win-win situation. Also, bottom line, even if you threw macronutrients aside, it can be argued that it is healthier for those who are obese to eat WHATEVER they want as long as their losing their weight then for them to eat "healthy" but maintain their weight. Getting to a healthy weight is the most important thing.
    Im not twisting any words, a calorie is a calorie correct? so i eat 250 calories less than my maintenance ill lose fat no matter what i eat? now im confused what you original statement was.

YES

coo imma eat crunch berries all day , time to get RIPPPED SON
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    *off topic* I'm up for the marijuana legalization.. Always have been, used to smoke all the time in College, weird thing is, I was in awesome shape all through college, but when my wife got pregnant, I quit, because after college needed a job. I always enjoyed it after a day in the gym, helped me relax, and play music ;p. I'd rather smoke than take any kind of medicine if I could.

but back on topic. So when I drop to my weight of 195 or 185, if I maintain that weight, would I be able to build muscle, and get lean? if so, would I have to consume more calories and protein to get bigger (muscle wise)?
    I'd go about 250 calories a day higher than maintenance with 6-12 rep range workouts. This way you"ll gain .5 lbs every weeks of mostly muscle. make sure its good carbs because you wont grow with crap ice cream carbs

Yup, it's official...I'm calling it: we're being trolled. This statement is so ridiculously unsupported by even the shakiest of evidence that there is no other possible explanation than troll.

(So, alright, man...you got me. Well-played. I'll now stop taking the bait and see how many others you can get to respond.)
  • Clendenen49
    Clendenen49 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    *off topic* I'm up for the marijuana legalization.. Always have been, used to smoke all the time in College, weird thing is, I was in awesome shape all through college, but when my wife got pregnant, I quit, because after college needed a job. I always enjoyed it after a day in the gym, helped me relax, and play music ;p. I'd rather smoke than take any kind of medicine if I could.

but back on topic. So when I drop to my weight of 195 or 185, if I maintain that weight, would I be able to build muscle, and get lean? if so, would I have to consume more calories and protein to get bigger (muscle wise)?
    I'd go about 250 calories a day higher than maintenance with 6-12 rep range workouts. This way you"ll gain .5 lbs every weeks of mostly muscle. make sure its good carbs because you wont grow with crap ice cream carbs

Yup, it's official...I'm calling it: we're being trolled. This statement is so ridiculously unsupported by even the shakiest of evidence that there is no other possible explanation than troll.

(So, alright, man...you got me. Well-played. I'll now stop taking the bait and see how many others you can get to respond.)
    yeah trolling for sure! good luck gaining muscle with ice cream ha. you the troll
  • aaroneous8989
    Options
    well guys, I enjoy reading all this posts, MOST INTERESTING ;p But guys, I'm gonna hop in the water room and get things ready for my first day of work tomorrow morning. But keep em coming, I'm enjoying this more than a perv with a new pair of binoculars.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Its cool just keep suggesting that people who are overweight can eat whatever they want and they'll get results as long they eat under maintenance calories.

Stop twisting people's words. You absolutely SHOULDN'T eat whatever you want to stay under your maintenance calories and lose weight. You SHOULD hit certain macronutrient, micronutrient, and fiber goals every day. Now in order to do that, most of the food you eat is going to end up being nutritious, minimally processed food, but you can ALSO eat processed food or other food that you enjoy in moderation and it actually HELPS you stay on your diet and prevents binges. It's a win-win situation. Also, bottom line, even if you threw macronutrients aside, it can be argued that it is healthier for those who are obese to eat WHATEVER they want as long as their losing their weight then for them to eat "healthy" but maintain their weight. Getting to a healthy weight is the most important thing.
    Im not twisting any words, a calorie is a calorie correct? so i eat 250 calories less than my maintenance ill lose fat no matter what i eat? now im confused what you original statement was.

YES

HAHAHA you're either the absolute greatest troll I've ever seen or you're from the 80's and you time traveled to the present day, or you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I'm really pulling for the time travel one...
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

As you are dropping weight, you obviously want to lift heavy and get plenty of protein to maintain LBM. Once you get around your goal weight, you could build muscle by doing a bulk, which would mean more calories and protein and lots of heavy weight. You would then have to do a cut to lose body fat and "lean out" as you put it, because in a bulk you gain muscle and fat. You could also do a body recomp where you eat around maintenance or while still lifting with the goal of retaining existing muscle and burning fat, but that can take a long time and won't necessarily get you to your goal of increased muscle mass.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    How is it a joke?

Uh, because it's hilarious?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

YES

HAHAHA you're either the absolute greatest troll I've ever seen or you're from the 80's and you time traveled to the present day, or you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I'm really pulling for the time travel one...

(I took the Occam's Razor approach to this one, but I would be *thrilled* if I had to admit I was wrong and time travel was the real reason.)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

YES

(I took the Occam's Razor approach to this one, but I would be *thrilled* if I had to admit I was wrong and time travel was the real reason.)

In for time travel!

...assuming that there is ice cream wherever it is we're going.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I'm still losing eating "whatever I want" in a deficit. Of course whatever I want is done so with macros and (to a point) micros in mind as well.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options

I happen to think that More Assumptions = More Fun haha
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    in to learn how ice cream is the death of muscles.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I cannot fathom having this problem. I really cannot.

I struggle to stay under 1200 calories by lunch.

If you want examples of how to go over 1200 calories... just check out my diary.
    Pay particular attention to Thursdays.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Look guiz. I'm negating all ma gainz by eating this tiramisu ice cram after 10 pm. And after ma liftings.

2is7gid.jpg
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Look guiz. I'm negating all ma gainz by eating this tiramisu ice cram after 10 pm. And after ma liftings.

2is7gid.jpg

This bowl looks big enough for me to swim in...

*dives head first into ice cream goodness*
  • SugaryLynx
    Options

2is7gid.jpg

Careful, Mirey. It'll go straight to your six pack
  • MireyGal76
    Options

2is7gid.jpg

BUT! If I am eating over maintenance, it'll make em BIGGER!

I wanna get BULKEH

ETA: *swims another lap in ice cream goodness*
  • Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Peanuts and Dairy milk are my go to!
  • SugaryLynx
    Options
    Look guiz. I'm negating all ma gainz by eating this tiramisu ice cram after 10 pm. And after ma liftings

I wanna get BULKEH

...I like the way you think! For muscles!!
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Look guiz. I'm negating all ma gainz by eating this tiramisu ice cram after 10 pm. And after ma liftings

I wanna get BULKEH

...I like the way you think! For muscles!!

Impossible.

I have it from a reputable source that you can't build muscle using ice cream carbs.

:laugh:

Nope, can't keep a straight face.
This discussion has been closed.