National Bike Challenge 2014

Options

Replies

• StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Wow 68 miles!

I'm just getting back into biking, and ride trails, no way could I do that! I am hoping by the end of summer to be able to do 44 miles in a day. Maybe. Once. And then collapse in a heap. *laughs*
  • StraubreyR
    Options
    17.89 miles today! We are still in the top 100 teams!
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I've got a 10 mile ride planned for the bank holiday.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Just joined. Same name as here.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a sync error between mapmyride and the challenge site. Not a big deal as long as my short easy ride today transfers over.
  • BigDog
    BigDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    17 Riders, 385 miles and 801 points so far!

Keep up the progress.

Anyone else want to jump on and help pedal some miles? It's a great incentive.

The more the better! :-)
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Just signed up and joined the team, I have my first century ride in 2 weeks and typically log 60-100 miles a week.
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Joining right now. Hope to be up in about 10 mikes.
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    My 10.1 miles logged for today.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Challenge, but can't join the MFP team. I'm already on a local team- Girls Bike Bentonville.
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My name is Wendy, I'm the 21st team member, and I am already in second place on the team with points=) I did 305 last month and plan to exeed that this month. Most weeks I do a long ride on Sarurdays and ride on the trainer every M-F.
    eta name
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Just joined the team. I hope this will really motivate me to ride! Thanks for the incentive!
  • BChanFit
    BChanFit Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am new to cycling but excited to get out there now that Minnesota is no longer frozen over. :)
  • BChanFit
    BChanFit Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a sync error between mapmyride and the challenge site. Not a big deal as long as my short easy ride today transfers over.

My ride from earlier today on mapmyride isn't syncing either. :( Big bummer. Not much but I was proud of those 3 miles!
  • BigDog
    BigDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new riders! Glad you could join...

For anyone having problems finding the team (and remember, I think you can only be a member of one team at a time) You should be able to find it by searching teams for MFP but if not you can always just click on this direct link to the MFP team profile page and you should see an option to join from there. Here it is: https://nationalbikechallenge.org/team/5521

For anyone having problems the site syncing with Mapmyride... I think this it is a known issue that they are working on. You can find out more and get help with any other problems you might be experiencing from their community help forum here: https://getsatisfaction.com/nationalbikechallenge

And remember if you have any issues with one of the three apps syncing you can always manually add your miles for the day by clicking on the "LOG MILES" link on the middle red banner on the main website after logging in.

Hope more MFP'ers join up and Happy Biking y'all! :happy:
  • Mezzle13
    Mezzle13 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for this! I am number 4 at the moment but the 67 mile ride I did on Sunday will have something to do with that!

I cycle nearly every day so it will be interesting to see my mileage add up.
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Just joined. I'm pretty new to biking. So far I've only done 3 rides. I really enjoy it.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    just joined also and logged my ride...I'm training for 2 triathlons this summer so I love being able to see my miles adding up...
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    There is a first for everything! I'm ready! All signed up :)
  • StraubreyR
    Options
    Logged today's ride, 15.6 miles. Needed some energy left over for yard work.

Glad to see all the new people signing up!