National Bike Challenge 2014

Options

Replies

• tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Wow! With the 5 miles I rode today, I've ridden 32.8 miles over 11 days this month. I don't think I rode 30 miles all last summer. When I started, I was probably riding 7 or 8 MPH. When I really started calculating the distance for the challenge, I was riding 10 MPH. I topped that today, riding right at 11 MPH!

I've decided on some short term and long term goals. When I hit 50 miles, I'm replacing the grips on my bike (that say Magna in raised letters) with smooth grips. At 100 miles, I'm gonna buy a bike jersey, I've never had one. At 150 I might finally get bike shorts, or more likely a skort. At 200 miles I'm getting a new seat! After that, I don't know! Maybe buy a trainer for riding inside this winter? I'd like to keep riding and be able to set higher goals for next year! What do you think?
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Wow! With the 5 miles I rode today, I've ridden 32.8 miles over 11 days this month. I don't think I rode 30 miles all last summer. When I started, I was probably riding 7 or 8 MPH. When I really started calculating the distance for the challenge, I was riding 10 MPH. I topped that today, riding right at 11 MPH!

I've decided on some short term and long term goals. When I hit 50 miles, I'm replacing the grips on my bike (that say Magna in raised letters) with smooth grips. At 100 miles, I'm gonna buy a bike jersey, I've never had one. At 150 I might finally get bike shorts, or more likely a skort. At 200 miles I'm getting a new seat! After that, I don't know! Maybe buy a trainer for riding inside this winter? I'd like to keep riding and be able to set higher goals for next year! What do you think?
    Great job!

The more I ride, the more I want to ride!
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I missed a day :( Ate something bad, muscles, and stayed hoe yesterday. but back on th bike today! It's so nice out!
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Just signed up, should have done it earlier as I have ridden a solid 20+ miles the past couple weeks. It's ok though because our new bikes are due in this week and we plan on covering a lot of ground. We even chose one of our hotels for our honeymoon because they have free bikes to rent and a lot of areas to ride. I use map my ride to log everything.

I think it gives you credit from the beginning of the month if you logged your rides in MapMyRide.
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I like the way they give you so many points just for riding each day. Once I get on the bike I'll do the miles. I just need the push to get on the bike.
  • tress29
    Options
    I like the way they give you so many points just for riding each day. Once I get on the bike I'll do the miles. I just need the push to get on the bike.
    Right! It doesn't matter as much whether you ride 2 miles or 10 miles, but missing that 20 points makes a big difference!
  • bbracken77
    bbracken77 Posts: 65
    Options
    I GOT over 35 miles in for the month all ready! got 12 today. I have been logging then in!!! Let's go team MFP let;s make first place!
  • bbracken77
    Options
    Good enuf for me! I will log there when I ride. Hard rain expected for Thursday. I drive on rain days. But I also throw down a 30 miler or so on Sunday mornings usually.
    Dam you go man !! I do a lot of riding but not as much as you do! I may get a 100 a month !!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Bike the Drive in Chicago this Sunday. Not sure I can, but I'll try to get the whole 30 miles.
  • bbracken77
    Options
    Took another 12 mile ride today. This time my girlfriend rode with me so the team got 24 miles logged from us today!! Let's go team MFP!! Keep riding them bikes!!
  • LunaStar2008
    LunaStar2008 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am in. Just signed up for the MFP team. It will encourage me to ride some more. Thanks everyone!
  • bbracken77
    Options
    I just did another 14.4 miles with a 13.6 ave speed! my girl did 13.1 miles with an ave speed of 12.1. another 27.5 miles for the team!!!
  • tress29
    Options
    Was logging my miles on the challenge site and noticed we now have 50 riders!
  • bbracken77
    Options
    Doing good me and my girlfriend got another 15.3 miles in!! felling good!! so another 30+ for the team!!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Doing good me and my girlfriend got another 15.3 miles in!! felling good!! so another 30+ for the team!!

Nice work!!! This challenge definitely pushes you to get on the bike. That's the hard part. Once you get on, the miles are the easy part! :)

Can anyone catch Cowbells? I doubt it. That guy is a beast!
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options

Nice work!!! This challenge definitely pushes you to get on the bike. That's the hard part. Once you get on, the miles are the easy part! :)

Can anyone catch Cowbells? I doubt it. That guy is a beast!

More like beast in training. :bigsmile:
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Just a friendly bump.
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Just joined! I'm a leisure rider (and a slow one, at that) but the more the merrier, right?
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Just joined! I'm a leisure rider (and a slow one, at that) but the more the merrier, right?

Absolutely!! That's the great thing about cycling. Very community oriented in my opinion. If you enjoy it, you enjoy it at any pace :) Welcome to the team.
  • zenhiker2014
    zenhiker2014 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just a signed up and joined the MFP team. All my May rides were stored in Digifit so I manually entered them to get caught up. Looking forward to contributing to our totals!