Ephedrine?

Options
Ephedrine can't be marketed for fat loss in the US but it can still be purchased through other means. Do any of you have experience with using this? What does it do? Is it a strong stimulant that is basically like a big dose of caffeine? I know that it has to be used in conjunction with intense exercise. Body builders seem to use various ephedrine stacks before a competition to help lose more body fat from what I know.

I'm thinking of trying to get ephedrine some time in the future but want to see if any of you have real experience with it.

Replies

• Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I haven't used it, but I knew a guy who did when I was in the Army. He died of heat stroke during his air assault school road march. We all went to air assault school, and we all did the 12 mile road march a couple of times a year, but he is the only person I knew to die of heat strike during it. Most of us did stuff like drinking coffee, taking ibuprofen, and sucking down energy gel (kinda like icing). They say that he overheated because of the ephedrine. This was before it was hard to get. I certainly wouldn't touch the stuff.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Strong stimulant, makes your heart pound out of your chest. Wouldn't recommend it.
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You knew someone who died while using this? That's scary. I guess cases like that are the reason the FDA makes ephedrine harder to get now. Can I still get the positive energy boosting effects on a smaller dosage?
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I have experience with it. I collapsed at work and had to be rushed to the hospital by a co-worker. I woke up on a gurney and had to stay there for monitoring for several hours.

ETA: Google Steve Belcher.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    You knew someone who died while using this? That's scary. I guess cases like that are the reason the FDA makes ephedrine harder to get now. Can I still get the positive energy boosting effects on a smaller dosage?

So the fact that someone died, isn't enough for you to figure out this is a BAD idea?!?!?

Really now...There are no positive energy boosting effects from this product and it WILL damage your heart.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    OP have you heard of methamphetamine? You know...Meth, Crystal...Breaking Bad. Its basically the same thing.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Ephedrine can't be marketed for fat loss in the US but it can still be purchased through other means. Do any of you have experience with using this? What does it do? Is it a strong stimulant that is basically like a big dose of caffeine? I know that it has to be used in conjunction with intense exercise. Body builders seem to use various ephedrine stacks before a competition to help lose more body fat from what I know.

I'm thinking of trying to get ephedrine some time in the future but want to see if any of you have real experience with it.

enjoy the heart palpitations.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    OP have you heard of methamphetamine? You know...Meth, Crystal...Breaking Bad. Its basically the same thing.

Don't give the OP any ideas!!!
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I used to use some diet pills backk in 2000-01 that had ephedra in them...totally worked, never had an appetite, i was like bouncing off the walls lol i got down to my lowest adult weight with it. Only bad thing is after you quit it you eventually go back to your old ways.
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Well, I always see body builders talk about using this (Ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin stacks) to help with fat loss when things get really tough (like you can't really cut anymore). It just seemed like something too good to pass up.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

Wasn't trying to give him ideas, was trying to inform him about the class of drug he is thinking of taking.
  • bige2401
    bige2401 Posts: 63
    Options
    Used it in college. Helped tremendously, but it also scared the **** out of me. I wouldn't recommend it either.
  • RageEight
    RageEight Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Error on the side of safe and just don't bother with it. I'd recommend the same for stance with clenbuterol. Until you have enough knowledge on the substance where you can select your own dosing/cycle without asking anyone else, don't use it. Once you have that amount of knowledge on the substance (understanding risk vs reward), you very well may not want to use it anymore.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

Wasn't trying to give him ideas, was trying to inform him about the class of drug he is thinking of taking.

I know. I forgot to put :laugh: after my comment. I knew you weren't trying to give him any ideas, but the fact that someone died on it, didn't seem to scare him off...
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    Well, I always see body builders talk about using this (Ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin stacks) to help with fat loss when things get really tough (like you can't really cut anymore). It just seemed like something too good to pass up.

psssst....not all body builders are healthy. A lot of full on competition bodybuilders will do anything and everything to their bodies to put on muscle or cut the fat, that includes drugs. No coincidence that a lot of the most successful bodybuilders die young. Would you take steroids to help your muscle gain? No? Then why would you consider a neurotransmitter blocker and epinephrine analog like that?
  • jodescorinna
    jodescorinna Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Dont touch the stuff. If you need a boost before your workout or something have a cup of coffee abit before.

My sister used this, had mood swings (more than usual!), couldnt sleep, heart pounded out of her chest and got paranoid.

Bodybuilders take a whole load of stuff they shouldnt, except the ones who perform specifically for natural shows. I wouldnt go down that route, its not necessary and its sure as hell not good for you.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

They also focuses intensely on their diet and exercise. I suggest doing that first before you start looking for an "edge".
  • jodescorinna
    jodescorinna Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I used to use some diet pills backk in 2000-01 that had ephedra in them...totally worked, never had an appetite, i was like bouncing off the walls lol i got down to my lowest adult weight with it. Only bad thing is after you quit it you eventually go back to your old ways.

Never eating and bouncing off the walls is a plus in your world ?!?! No ta.
    *only* bad thing is you go back to your old ways - not quite true, what about the damage they do to your insides?
  • KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    If you have pre-existing heart issues especially, do NOT take it. I have heart palpitations and before I knew the risks of ephedrine I took it and nearly had a heart attack, luckily I had something to counter the attack on hand so it turned out fine, but really, is any of what you've been told on here worth the risk? The ephedrine legally being sold is for asthma sufferers, and the bronchodilator in it is kinda trippy. I would NEVER recommend anyone take ephedrine for weight loss. Why can't people get in shape without all these extra types of "boosts" to their routine?...