Ephedrine?

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Here's the for reals...

Stimulants can help provide energy for a workout. They do NOT cause fat loss, NONE of them. I've tried just about every stimulant there is, and none of them work for fat loss. They work for energy. Some are good for sex, others not so much. But none of them cause fat loss. Period. And NONE of them will make your heart jump out of your chest from a single dose. You have reached overdose level if you go the hospital over any stimulant. Don't overdose. Better yet, stick to caffeine and ginseng. They are the safest, cheapest, and easiest to give you a bit of a boost without causing other health problems.

There.

Now.

/thread
    stimulants do help with fat loss tho, so im not sure where you got that info from. also caffeine is a stimulant, and one of the most recommended ones for fat loss at that

No. They. Don't.

As soon as you quit taking them, the fat comes back, and THEN some. They work for a day, a week, a month, maybe. But you can't keep using forever, or you wind up in the hospital. Then the drug leaves your system, and you're hungry as all get out and you eat everything in sight.

Been there. Done it.

ETA: Fat loss is caused by a calorie deficit, not from a magic pill.

Some stimulants increase caloric expenditure. There's still the calorie intake side of the equation though.

That's very true.

And it's calories that matter. And it's *habits* that matter for the long term.

Well, yes. I don't think stimulants are a good idea for weight loss, and they probably won't help long term, but in the short term I think it's accurate to say they can help with fat loss. They come with significant side effects though.

There are also other compounds which dramatically increase fat loss, but are banned outright.

Really, it turns out that using drugs to increase metabolism in the human body is rather fraught with peril. Anything that increases metabolism enough to have a significant effect on fat loss is also quite likely to kill you.

Are you trying to help OP, or are you just trying to nitpick my post?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    it's one of the main ingredients used for making Meth. ..... just sayin... sketch.

Awesome logic, isn't water used as well for making meth?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Here's the for reals...

Stimulants can help provide energy for a workout. They do NOT cause fat loss, NONE of them. I've tried just about every stimulant there is, and none of them work for fat loss. They work for energy. Some are good for sex, others not so much. But none of them cause fat loss. Period. And NONE of them will make your heart jump out of your chest from a single dose. You have reached overdose level if you go the hospital over any stimulant. Don't overdose. Better yet, stick to caffeine and ginseng. They are the safest, cheapest, and easiest to give you a bit of a boost without causing other health problems.

There.

Now.

/thread
    stimulants do help with fat loss tho, so im not sure where you got that info from. also caffeine is a stimulant, and one of the most recommended ones for fat loss at that

No. They. Don't.

As soon as you quit taking them, the fat comes back, and THEN some. They work for a day, a week, a month, maybe. But you can't keep using forever, or you wind up in the hospital. Then the drug leaves your system, and you're hungry as all get out and you eat everything in sight.

Been there. Done it.

Some stimulants increase caloric expenditure. There's still the calorie intake side of the equation though.

That's very true.

Well, yes. I don't think stimulants are a good idea for weight loss, and they probably won't help long term, but in the short term I think it's accurate to say they can help with fat loss. They come with significant side effects though.

There are also other compounds which dramatically increase fat loss, but are banned outright.

Really, it turns out that using drugs to increase metabolism in the human body is rather fraught with peril. Anything that increases metabolism enough to have a significant effect on fat loss is also quite likely to kill you.

Are those the only two options?

I'm just talking. Having a discussion.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Here's the for reals...

There.

Now.

/thread
    No stimulants do not help with fat loss directly. Stimulants are basically only good for appetite suppression so that may help with fat loss indirectly but that it due to appetite suppression allowing you to eat less. It's still about caloric deficit.
    they also increase your metabolism allowing for a greater deficit at the same level of calorie intake. ever heard of thermogenics?
    No they don't increase your metabolism. Yes I have heard of thermogenics and thermogenics are garbage. A waste of money. A product for the supplement companies to make some quick easy money from people that want a quick fix and don't want to put in the time and effort needed to succeed. You can believe if you want that they actually work, I will pick you up on my pet unicorn later on and we'll grab a slice of pizza to discuss your results.
    ok bud, everything youve said is based off of your opinion, not fact. lying to this guy about supplements isnt going to help him make an informed decision

on a side note id love to take that unicorn ride with you
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Here's the for reals...

There.

Now.

/thread
    No stimulants do not help with fat loss directly. Stimulants are basically only good for appetite suppression so that may help with fat loss indirectly but that it due to appetite suppression allowing you to eat less. It's still about caloric deficit.
    they also increase your metabolism allowing for a greater deficit at the same level of calorie intake. ever heard of thermogenics?
    No they don't increase your metabolism. Yes I have heard of thermogenics and thermogenics are garbage. A waste of money. A product for the supplement companies to make some quick easy money from people that want a quick fix and don't want to put in the time and effort needed to succeed. You can believe if you want that they actually work, I will pick you up on my pet unicorn later on and we'll grab a slice of pizza to discuss your results.

Can I have a ride too? :bigsmile: :devil:
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Here's a thought... get a revolver, put one bullet in the cylinder. Spin the cylinder then pull the trigger. Pretty much the same odds as taking ephedrine.

NO, I'm NOT really suggesting you play real Russian Roulette.

But seriously, don't take the stuff. It's really really bad for you. about as bad for you as the bullet.

Diet and exercise. They work.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Here's the for reals...

There.

Now.

/thread

No. They. Don't.

Been there. Done it.

That's very true.

Are those the only two options?

I'm just talking. Having a discussion.

:laugh:

Just asking. It sounded like you were encouraging OP to use ephedrine instead of obtaining permanent success through diet and exercise. By all means, post what you will. :smokin:

I think long-term success is more important than temporary "feel-goods."
  • Acg67
    Options
    Here's a thought... get a revolver, put one bullet in the cylinder. Spin the cylinder then pull the trigger. Pretty much the same odds as taking ephedrine.

But seriously, don't take the stuff. It's really really bad for you. about as bad for you as the bullet.

Well that's not fear mongering at all. Please substantiate that nonsense
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

That is a bit of an exaggeration eh?
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

There's a scientific explanation for you. :noway:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Just asking. It sounded like you were encouraging OP to use ephedrine instead of obtaining permanent success through diet and exercise. By all means, post what you will. :smokin:

I think long-term success is more important than temporary "feel-goods."

Oh no, absolutely not. You may have missed it but my first post where I discouraged it. I don't recommend stimulants at all.
  • Archerychickge
    Options
    Just trying to use an easy to understand visualization of how dangerous the stuff could be... like if he has an unknown heart condition... There are seemingly perfectly healthy kids dying from drinking energy drinks, so how could this stuff be safer if the FDA has yanked it?

Didn't mean to offend anyone, just trying to strongly discourage people from looking for the quick fix. I used to be the same way, but I have found that diet and exercise are the safest and most effective methods to control weight.
  • FrenchMob
    Options
    Just trying to use an easy to understand visualization of how dangerous the stuff could be... like if he has an unknown heart condition... There are seemingly perfectly healthy kids dying from drinking energy drinks, so how could this stuff be safer if the FDA has yanked it?

Didn't mean to offend anyone, just trying to strongly discourage people from looking for the quick fix. I used to be the same way, but I have found that diet and exercise are the safest and most effective methods to control weight.
    How many people die every year from exercise because of an unknown heart condition?

Over 15,000 people die every year because of Advil, and I bet every single person in this tread has taken some sort of NSAID in their life.
  • Acg67
    Options

Right in no way was it an overreaction by the FDA to yank it. Lots of things can be dangerous if you have an unknown condition but what does that mean for the safety of the product to the population at large? Perhaps maybe we should ban peanuts by chance someone has an undiagnosed allergy
  • Archerychickge
    Options
    So are you saying that the stuff is perfectly safe then?
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

I understand you are trying to help, but honestly as long as alcohol and tobacco are legally obtainable the argument of "it can KILL you that is why it is hard to obtain and/or banned" is pure garbage.

Instead of that approach, maybe try "Hey, consider actual research versus forum opinion for advice on taking certain drugs. They COULD cause you harm."
  • FrenchMob
    Options
    So are you saying that the stuff is perfectly safe then?
    When used responsibly, yes. As safe as any other OTC drug.