Ephedrine?

Options

Replies

• emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I used it when I was much younger and it didn't really have much effect, besides making me jittery all the time. I found cocaine to be more palatable (and these days, probably easier to get in the States). Heh.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I took it for about a week years ago before it went off the market. I don't remember having and bad side effects, but it almost eliminated me from being qualified for a job when during the physical they asked if I had ever taken it, or other diet pills like it. They had to make an additional check-up of my heart because of that and just that experience freaked me out. I had no idea stuff like that could be so dangerous. if I were you, I'd pass.

Edited to add:

Wait...Ephedra contains Ephedrine, right?Ii totally forgot. That stuff made me BSC.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Used it in college. Helped tremendously, but it also scared the **** out of me. I wouldn't recommend it either.

Yeah I took psuedoephedrine in college as well, but for the studying not the weight lifting. Wouldn't recommend it
  • GoPhil04
    GoPhil04 Posts: 93
    Options
    Its obvious that you have not reached the level of a bodybuilder who would use this to get the last finishing touches before a competition. You dont need this stuff, but it is still available by prescription under the name phentramine.

Can confirm, im a bodybuilder who is sub 7% bodyfat currently who has gotten their without the use of ephedra.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    3 famous athletes died because of using ephedra.

33 military personnel died because they used ephedra, prompting the military to ban it 2 years before the FDA.

17 confirmed civilian deaths linked to ephedra the year before it was banned.

Dude, what more do you need to hear?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    3 famous athletes died because of using ephedra.

33 military personnel died because they used ephedra, prompting the military to ban it 2 years before the FDA.

17 confirmed civilian deaths linked to ephedra the year before it was banned.

Dude, what more do you need to hear?

He wants to hear you should do it!!!

No one here is going to tell you it's okay or you should try it. No one. Because it is NOT safe
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Its obvious that you have not reached the level of a bodybuilder who would use this to get the last finishing touches before a competition. You dont need this stuff, but it is still available by prescription under the name phentramine.

Can confirm, im a bodybuilder who is sub 7% bodyfat currently who has gotten their without the use of ephedra.

Are you judging me based on my avatar?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

I don't think they were. I think they were basing it off the fact that you keep asking if body builders use this and what you have heard about body builders and their use and you inquired about it with fat loss. I think the fact that you're inquiring about it and fat loss is where they got the idea you may not be a body builder.

Plus i think most body builders hang out at bodybuilding.com

And because but hasn't been said yet...there is no magic pill for fat loss or body building
  • kuolo
    kuolo Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Ephedrine can't be marketed for fat loss in the US but it can still be purchased through other means. Do any of you have experience with using this? What does it do? Is it a strong stimulant that is basically like a big dose of caffeine? I know that it has to be used in conjunction with intense exercise. Body builders seem to use various ephedrine stacks before a competition to help lose more body fat from what I know.

I'm thinking of trying to get ephedrine some time in the future but want to see if any of you have real experience with it.

No it's not just like a big dose of caffeine. It's more like a bit dose of meth but harder on your heart and with less risk of psychosis.

Unless you're in the market for a heart attack, stroke or just dicing with death in general, don't go there. It's not worth it.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    What does it do? Is it a strong stimulant that is basically like a big dose of caffeine? I know that it has to be used in conjunction with intense exercise.
    Inb4lock.

Go for it bro. Take it about half an hour before strenuous cardio, strong stimulants and intense cardiovascular activity are a great combo.

Report back with results.
    You dont need this stuff, but it is still available by prescription under the name phentramine.
    Interdasting. How hard is it to get doctors to prescribe it?
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Well, I always see body builders talk about using this (Ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin stacks) to help with fat loss when things get really tough (like you can't really cut anymore). It just seemed like something too good to pass up.

They also focuses intensely on their diet and exercise. I suggest doing that first before you start looking for an "edge".

^^^ THIS ^^^

They didn't take the stuff to look the way they did, they took the stuff to tweak the physiques they'd already attained and worked hard for. There's no magic pill that will take you from your current body to that of a body builder. That's hard work, dedication and willpower. Develop those qualities and you'll be golden. Keep looking for easy ways out and you'll NEVER achieve anything.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I used it when I was much younger and it didn't really have much effect, besides making me jittery all the time. I found cocaine to be more palatable (and these days, probably easier to get in the States). Heh.

What.

What? She isn't wrong. If we are talking about ephedrine in this context may as well talk about all the neurotransmitter analog stimulants of which cocaine is one.

Cocaine acts as a serotonin-norepinephrine-dopamine uptake inhibitor...so does ephedrine. They work by a similar mechanism, they basically do the same thing. Same with methamphetamine.

OP if you consider taking cocaine before your workouts to be a ridiculous or dangerous notion ephedrine is basically the same thing man.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Strong stimulant, makes your heart pound out of your chest. Wouldn't recommend it.

^^^This^^^ I had a good friend die of a heart attack at 23 using this stuff, and he was in pretty good shape. Not recommended.

Rigger
  • Ljohnverrell
    Options
    Don't they push that stuff in the ER when you are about to die on the table?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Strong stimulant, makes your heart pound out of your chest. Wouldn't recommend it.

Meh. It's excellent for sinus congestion. Nothing else works, at least not for me. It's hardly a weightloss stimulant though. Any appetite suppression is negligible. My heart has *never* left my chest, and I've taken it off and on for over 20 years. Fear-mongering serves no purpose.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

What.

What? She isn't wrong. If we are talking about ephedrine in this context may as well talk about all the neurotransmitter analog stimulants of which cocaine is one.

Cocaine acts as a serotonin-norepinephrine-dopamine uptake inhibitor...so does ephedrine. They work by a similar mechanism, they basically do the same thing. Same with methamphetamine.

OP if you consider taking cocaine before your workouts to be a ridiculous or dangerous notion ephedrine is basically the same thing man.

I know, I studied Pharmacology also. The phrasing of cocaine as "palatable" was a bit mind boggling, however. Sounded almost like she was recommending it. Which is of course insane, but this OP seems willing to believe anything...

Maybe....Personally, cocaine always made me nauseous, but...