are looks important to you?

Options
gunshowgreg
gunshowgreg Posts: 169 Member
Are looks important to you? I'll be honest they are to me I wouldn't want to be with someone that I was not physically attracted to you and nor would I want to be with someone that was not physically attracted to me. I want to be desired and seen as hot. If I wasn't seen that way it be upsetting and rather hurtful. Personality is important just the same. But I like the combination of the two.

Replies

• SweatSmileRepeat
    Options
    Same. I can't be with someone I'm not attracted to physically. It just won't work out in the long run.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Anyone that says different is lying.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Ditto...

I want the "full package"!!!
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Are they important? Yes.
    Are they the most important? No.
  • SweatSmileRepeat
    Options
    Ditto...

I want the "full package"!!!

Yup! Never settle for less than you want.
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Yes... To a certain extent...
  • MsSophySticated
    MsSophySticated Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Nope. I know what that's like to have someone judge you from the outside appearance and it sucks. Also with time, the outside changes as you get older, and the inside will be what really matters after all. That's what I focus on, to me someone who is kind etc... will be the most beautiful person in my eyes whether they are ugly to some. Which means that the guy who I will be attracted to in all ways will be because of his inside values and not because of his looks. He'll radiate far more because of the values and not because of something he was born with. That's my opinion though :smile:
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Anyone who says otherwise is lying. You can be open minded, but everyone has a limit. When I was heavier, I went out with this guy a few times that I was crazyyyyyyy about. The feeling was not mutual and deep down, I knew it was because I was too heavy.

Flash forward 2 years and about 40 pounds of weight loss. I wound up reconnecting with that guy. Guess what? Now we are together. I have been head over heels in love with him for over 2 years. I asked him what was so off putting about me before. His response? "I always knew you were the one. You were just too big." Brutally honest. I went from being too fat for him once and now he tells me I am the love of his life.
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!

Physical attraction is the the thing that draws me in . . . but it's gonna take more then that to keep me interested and wanting to stick around.
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    When I was younger it was very important, as I've gotten older my scale has changed, but overall I still am some what shallow.... Just being honest.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options

Flash forward 2 years and about 40 pounds of weight loss. I wound up reconnecting with that guy. Guess what? Now we are together. I have been head over heels in love with him for over 2 years. I asked him what was so off putting about me before. His response? "I always knew you were the one. You were just too big." Brutally honest. I went from being too fat for him once and now he tells me I am the love of his life.

IN

Before "OMG WHAT DOUCHE"
  • Bodecia
    Bodecia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I didn't marry for looks. So I have to say no, looks aren't important.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Are they important? Yes.

This. Looks fade over time so you better enjoy the company of the person you are with. But yes, I have to be physically attracted to her in order to be willing to date her.
  • kuntry_navySD
    kuntry_navySD Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i'd buy a yugo with a 540 big block under the hood..so not really, as long as they make up for it in other areas
  • Geoj0
    Geoj0 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    yes but they have to have the full package, looks and personality are both as important as eachother for me.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Perhaps for initial attraction with some people.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Are they important? Yes.

This. Looks fade over time so you better enjoy the company of the person you are with. But yes, I have to be physically attracted to her in order to be willing to date her.

Yeah, I agree with this.
  • gunshowgreg
    Options
    When I was younger it was very important, as I've gotten older my scale has changed, but overall I still am some what shallow.... Just being honest.

Not shallow what you desire in someone is what you're attracted to and can't help it lol
  • gunshowgreg
    Options
    Nope. I know what that's like to have someone judge you from the outside appearance and it sucks. Also with time, the outside changes as you get older, and the inside will be what really matters after all. That's what I focus on, to me someone who is kind etc... will be the most beautiful person in my eyes whether they are ugly to some. Which means that the guy who I will be attracted to in all ways will be because of his inside values and not because of his looks. He'll radiate far more because of the values and not because of something he was born with. That's my opinion though :smile:

I think that was very well put
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm weird. I'm attracted to good conversation -shrug- LOL