What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I wish I could 'like' all your updates! This is a small NSV today but I looked at my legs in the mirror while getting ready for work this morning and realised I was not disgusted. I still really dislike the way they look - I have a long way to go - but to not feel that immediate, violent self-loathing was a surprise and relief. <3
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    epido wrote: »
    Here's my NSV for today. I added 20 lbs to my deadlift, for a max of 260 lb, and while it was a little hard, it wasn't that difficult.

This is super awesome!!! Great job!!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Success is better than food - I just got my first 2 paying personal training clients.
    epido wrote: »
    Here's my NSV for today. I added 20 lbs to my deadlift, for a max of 260 lb, and while it was a little hard, it wasn't that difficult.

Don't drop the bar! lol Nice form!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    My dental hygienist didn't recognize me when I went in for my cleaning yesterday. I was about 100 lbs. heavier the last time I saw her. She asked me if I got a new haircut. LOL The dawning realization on her face when she figured out who I was was pretty epic.
  • jknox2009
    jknox2009 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Couple little ones over the last week or so:

Bittersweet - my favorite dress from last spring/summer is laughably big on me now. Feels good to see the progress, but man, I loved that thing! Oh well, excuse to go buy another one. :smile:

Went in to buy new bras yesterday, and the fitter told me I was not only back down to a 36 band, but that I was almost to a 34. I haven't worn a 34 since about freshman year of high school!!!

Went on a 2.5 mile run with some long inclines and only stopped/walked for street lights, rather than because I couldn't keep going.

• Beanogirl
    Beanogirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I was in an old theatre last weekend with very small seats. I had a bottle of water in my hand and couldn't work out where to put in, then I realised there was room to put it on the seat next to my legs. A few months ago I would have filled this seat and been very uncomfortable.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    jknox2009 wrote: »
    Couple little ones over the last week or so:

Bittersweet - my favorite dress from last spring/summer is laughably big on me now. Feels good to see the progress, but man, I loved that thing! Oh well, excuse to go buy another one. :smile:

Went in to buy new bras yesterday, and the fitter told me I was not only back down to a 36 band, but that I was almost to a 34. I haven't worn a 34 since about freshman year of high school!!!

Went on a 2.5 mile run with some long inclines and only stopped/walked for street lights, rather than because I couldn't keep going.

If it's worth it to you, you may be able to get it altered.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've lost 9 inches overall since Dec. 2014.

I can now look at myself from the side in the mirror and I do not frown (still got some work to do on getting this pudgy belly gone, but it's nowhere near what it used to be).

I used to only meet 10-12% of my protein goal. Since adding the unflavored protein powder to my cups of tea, I now get to 16-18% of my protein goal.
  • McEneny
    McEneny Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I fit into a size pants that I havent worn since before college. Funny enough the Old Navy I went to only had my old size, and one pair in the smaller size that fits now.

Always felt like they never had my old size, and they always have the size I am wearing now. Oh the irony, but such sweet irony.
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV is taking a selfie with my daughter and seeing dimples again! I have hated how I've looked for so long and I actually don't hate this picture and my dimples are back. Can't remember the last time I saw those, I know it was when a Bush was in office! Even the fact that I was willing to take a selfie is a NSV in itself. I really needed that motivation, too. Have been becoming complacent recently, so thank you God!

What's your recent NSV?

I forgot I had dimples until recently, when someone made a comment about a picture of me. The comment was "are those some sexy dimples I see?"... Great job to you, OP!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I was cooking dinner for 120. Someone brought in a package of 7 leftover grocery bakery cookies and left them in the kitchen. A year ago I would have eaten 4 - or all of them. Now I set them aside and then plated them up and set them on the serving line for someone else to eat.
    I just kept thinking about 120 calories each - and I really wasn't hungry.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    i realized I am suppose to feel emotions, was just sick and it was painful. I am use to eating and I don't feel pain. My Dad died and I felt pain. Food can distract you but later you face the pain with extra weight gain. Compulsive eating is a way to distance myself and not feel. There is a way thru, I wont fall apart without my food. Dealing with these two situations in the past two weeks has opened my eyes. I am stronger than I thought.
  • AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Two of my coworkers coming to me today to say I have "inspired them to be more healthy." One made the comment "You started a movement in the office!"

Several of them have done things to help get them more healthy - joined WW, started walking on their breaks, bought fitness trackers. It was really flattering!
  • RussWTX
    RussWTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Last Friday, I had my body fat percentage checked, and it was 19.4. So I was at the gym yesterday and saw a friend of mine who is a fitness competitor. I told her about my result from Friday, and she said "you're getting close to where I am" - now I know the body fat ranges are different for men and women, but it was a nice NSV anyway to know that my percentage is getting close to that of someone who works out as hard as she does.
  • jenmovies
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    ...Dealing with these two situations in the past two weeks has opened my eyes. I am stronger than I thought.
    Sorry for your loss. You showed fortitude through adversity, and it's obvious you will succeed!

• janetsnakehole
    janetsnakehole Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I had five different people comment on my weight loss today at work. I'm thinking it was the combination of black being slimming and me wearing heels for basically the first time ever.

One co-worker asked if I had been losing weight this winter because my waist is smaller. Then the other co-worker I was talking to jumped in saying "I noticed, too! I noticed her pants and stuff, too." It was cute because the one seemed like she didn't want me to think she didn't notice.

Then I was in the bathroom smoothing out my outfit and three people from another office came in. I don't even know them but one said she loved my dress then another asked if I had lost a bunch of weight and they all said that I was looking good.

Definitely nice to have people who I don't even know or interact with (outside of bathroom/hallway passings) notice that I've lost.
  • jenmovies
    Options
    My NSV is seeing myself on a big screen at work & not immediately knowing it was me. I thought 'She looks nice...oh MY GOSH!' haha Then I looked at my hips and thighs. Motivation!
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I was looking back over my training log and saw my starting measurements. I just took my current ones. I've gone from 46-37-51 to 38-30-39. Feeling awesome.

Congrats, Miss HOURGLASS!!!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I felt I HAD to run today! My body was just craving it! I was a couch potato before October!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    jenmovies wrote: »
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    ...Dealing with these two situations in the past two weeks has opened my eyes. I am stronger than I thought.
    Sorry for your loss. You showed fortitude through adversity, and it's obvious you will succeed!

thanks for your kind comment. I wasn't perfect but am not letting it get the best of me, I don't want to gain all that weight back. Feeling feelings is hard but it is a must.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!