What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I have a lumberjack shirt that I always loved but I got to the point of not being able to close it at all and my chunky upper arms really struggle to fit in the sleeves. I tried it on today and found it to be too big, it's loose and flappy! :D
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Fitting back into my smallest jeans last week. They have been hanging on my full length mirror as motivation. I was finally able to put them back in the closet...they did their job.
  • IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    Options
    I went down another hole in my belt which makes two in a month which means that I have lost an inch or so in my waist in that time as each hole is about a half inch apart.
    Also, a really good friend of mine I hadn't seen in about three weeks commented on my weight loss saying that I just get smaller and smaller every time she sees me. Since the last time I saw her I have maybe only lost about 5 pounds so, it was funny to hear. It still is good to know that even if I can't really tell, others can.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Punching yet another hole in my belt last week.

99hcsr39ufyj.jpg

• mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Put on a pair of stretch pants that I bought in August, they are a couple sizes too big. :) I'm back into the "normalish" sizes in a store. ;)
  • jadumz
    jadumz Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Had to tie the belt on my pyjama pants
  • janetsnakehole
    janetsnakehole Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have three pairs of skinny jeans that are nearly identical except their size. The latest pair I bought as an "I should be able to wear these soon" gift since they were on clearance. They were too tight when I bought them but I could zip them up at least. Today I got dressed then looked down and realized the jeans I thought I had put on were on the floor - I accidentally put on the tightest pair. I went ahead and wore them all day even though they're still a bit too tight in my thighs. Soon they'll be my go-to pair!
  • tanyabecka
    tanyabecka Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That I can finally fit into my boyfriend's sweatshirts/sweatpants when I don't have enough clean ones of my own!! Haha!
  • lecanto1
    lecanto1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Watch band & rings are loose. Hmmm...I was never really dissatisfied with my wrists and hands. I need my pants to be loose, not my watch. ;)
  • hillyrac13
    hillyrac13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 10 pounds so far, but a very outspoken 7 year old came up to me yesterday and said "you look thinner and smaller today" Made my day that someone noticed. :)
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I like to actually hit my calorie target (within about 50 calories either side), not just stay below it. I had bought a pack of 2 chocolate cookies @ 150 calories each. now a bit of background - the reason I pay extra and buy them in twin packs is that I have no will power - once the pack is opened it gets eaten. all of it. even if there's 10. In fact I live alone and shop for food daily so as not to have food around that will tempt me. So I got to the end of the day and somehow my planning wasn't quite right and I needed another 200 calories ie I had to eat one cookie. There was nothing else that I could eat for the 200 calories, and I didn't want to be under. I literally sat there for about 10 minutes thinking that I couldn't do it. If I opened the pack I would eat them both, and I really didn't want to go over my calorie goal, and I couldn't really be bothered pacing around so that my fitbit would give me the extra calories. I just sat there, nearly fozen from fear, not sure what to do, and frustrated with myself that this is even an issue.
    Needless to say -because this is an nsv thread :) - I opened the pack. I quickly took one cookie out and put it on a plate and put the pack (with the remaining one) out of sight. I normally eat them straight out the pack. Took the plate back to where I am sitting and just ate it. I am not tempted to go have the other one. I DID IT !!!
    PS - one of my fears is that although I am just about at goal, and have lost over 50 pounds, I don't know how I will manage in a normal environment where I have temptations around me. and the way I am living at the moment will not be forever. so this is a really big step. and I DID IT !!!
  • totaldetermination
    Options
    This is in no way weight loss related, but it was a huge victory for me so I’m sharing it: Today I paid off one of my two student loans in its entirety. I had money in savings and was paying out over $200 a month on this one loan, with the interest just building up like crazy, and then I just realized it would be smarter over the long term to just pay it all of right now… and I DID! Yikes! I even realized that the other loan I have isn’t as big as I thought it was. Maybe I’ll even be able to pay it all off in the next year!

Again, sorry for the totally unrelated post, but I’m just so pumped. haha

great achievement !!!!
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Today, I have gotten back on track after over eating all weekend. The scale showed a 3 pound gain in the last 3 days, although I know that is most likely water weight. I mean, even though I did overeat, I didn't eat that much! And, now I am paying for it. I had an off-day in the gym today. I missed a deadlift that is significantly less than what I typically max out at when doing ladders. Again, the effects of too much crappy food.
    Now, while nothing about this sounds positive, the NSV is that I am not letting this derail me. I am simply going to just put this behind me, and move on. It isn't worth getting upset about (and it was some really good food)!
  • totaldetermination
    Options
    epido wrote: »
    Today, I have gotten back on track after over eating all weekend. The scale showed a 3 pound gain in the last 3 days, although I know that is most likely water weight. I mean, even though I did overeat, I didn't eat that much! And, now I am paying for it. I had an off-day in the gym today. I missed a deadlift that is significantly less than what I typically max out at when doing ladders. Again, the effects of too much crappy food.
    Now, while nothing about this sounds positive, the NSV is that I am not letting this derail me. I am simply going to just put this behind me, and move on. It isn't worth getting upset about (and it was some really good food)!

great attitude ! - well done.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Because it saves me typing it again - this is my long-winded most recent NSV.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Deena_Bean/view/i-finally-believe-what-i-ve-been-faking-729251
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My XL cold weather running pants were falling off me when I was running, so I had to go buy new ones in LARGE! Yay!
  • Michellebhayes70
    Michellebhayes70 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I ordered a dress, one size down from the usual and it was too big!
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    This weekend when I went grocery shopping, someone parked too close to my car on the drivers side. I saw the gap and thought, "I'll never fit." I'm going to have to climb over from the passenger side. But when I tried it, I made it in the drivers side with some room to spare. I didn't even have to open my door all the way so it hit the other car.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    today i had to be somewhere and didnt get the ride was expecting due misumderstanding some rules, with a dead cell phone battery this meant walking meet deadline. predicted total accuracy my ETA so many workouts knowing exactly how long it would yake me walk+there, alone, having eaten, being mildly caffeinated no sore spots. bet could guesstimate on an empty stomach, or ache pain as well. its nice really in tune body..
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    People starting to notice I've lost weight (at last!!!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!