What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    Options
    Went shopping for clothes since all of mine are getting really big and discovered that I have went down from a size 14 to a 12 in pants and from a 1X to XL in tops. No more plus sizes for me!! :smiley:
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    After having a really awful, depressing, hormonal, and fatigue-filled week, I've jumped right back into it and stuck to my calorie goal perfectly since Monday! It's going to take me about two weeks to repair the damage--I was almost 6000 calories over maintenance throughout last week!--but I'm sure I can do it. Consistency! :)
  • Amanda_145
    Amanda_145 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    #1 A regular size towel can wrap all the way around me with no gap!

#2 My size 18 were getting to big so I went to a second hand store and bought a couple size 16 pants...... A couple days later I got a pair of said pants out of the dryer and put them on, they were a little tight but I thought it was because the were just washed. They get looser as the day went on which made me happy! While going to the bathroom I discovered that they were a size...... 13/14, that made me even happier!!!!!!!
  • jakicooke
    jakicooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    ive been called "skinny" and "hot" by 5 different people this week ha ha I know im no where near "skinny" but I suppose compared to being 5 stone heavier I must look it
  • 10alliemarie
    10alliemarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I went home and exercised! And I liked it!
  • NinjaJinja
    NinjaJinja Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a planned cheat day and I had to make cheesecake for quilt group but they only ate half of it. So today I took the uneaten half in to work to pawn it off on my coworkers instead of eating it all myself. That's a victory, right?
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    sssgilber wrote: »
    Bought six boxes of Girl Scout cookies, divided them into 70-80 calorie snack packs and put them in the freezer. Quite a change from scarfing them down in 2 days and trolling the streets looking for more.

This is a great idea! I bought two boxes from co-workers and now I now what I'm doing with them once they come in.
  • samfordbelle
    samfordbelle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I wore my wedding rings for the first time since I was 9 months pregnant with my son (almost 3 years ago). It's the most wonderful feeling. I did NOT want to have my rings stretched and it made me sad that it'd been so long since I wore them. It was one of my considerations as I started getting serious in December.
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Last weekend a date said that I have a perfect body. I don't 100% completely agree, but I'll take it.

Trainer noticed even more weight loss.
    Same for coworkers.
    Same for friends.

And this....

zn2ihx53j335.jpg

A friend commented that I could NOT look any thinner than I did in this gown.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Graceious1 wrote: »
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    I learned today that the average pace for a 40 yo female running a 5k is slower than my (so far) average 5k pace...psyched!

I'm 46 and just did the same calculation. My pace in a 5k is the same as the average pace of women in the 25-29 age group. This is a wonderful measurement of how well we are doing. Happy days!

http://www.pace-calculator.com/average-5k-pace-by-age-sex.php

This calculator is awesome! I just realised Im slightly faster than average! Who would have thought! Maybe I need to stop saying I'm slow :D
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My NSV this week is that my husband, who is still recovering from hip surgery last August, has started to walk home from the train station with me (a 30min walk) instead of both of us taking the car. I get an extra 30min light exercise 5 days a week, we get to hang out together, and most importantly he is finally able to do some regular light exercise as part of his rehab! Its been a LONG time coming!
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    Went for my first run of the year, finally breaking the cold winter spell :-)
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    My trainer called me a "beast" the other day when I did my first ever "real" deadlift. It was only 155 lbs but he seemed impressed. Probably because I'm almost 65............ :D and just started lifting weights recently although I've been going in that direction for over a year.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Since Valentines Day is around the corner, everyone is bringing in yummy treats (cupcakes, donuts, etc) at the office and I've avoided them all! That's even with this week being horrible and having to work 12+ hour days when my normal day is 8-9 hours. All I've wanted to do this week is eat greasy horrible food and ice cream but I'm avoiding it. I know I won't feel better with it, which is huge for me.

Also going to avoid stores like the plague on Sunday w/ candy sales lol.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    Having a male friend refer to my butt as "luscious."

2ni9pc9.jpg

I have always been extremely self-conscious about my rather large booty, but now that it's mostly muscle instead of fat I'm starting to enjoy it.
  • dayrae02
    dayrae02 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have not had a good week as far as working out, due to a bunch of unexpected work/toddler illness issues. But the NSV is that I am not beating myself up about it. I know it doesn't mean I am backsliding. I can hit it hard this weekend and get right back on track. So long as I eat ok, I wont undo everything I have been working so hard for.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Worked on deadlifts today. Was able to pull 235 for 5 reps. (I had only been able to do it for 3 reps before, if I remember correctly.) The last one was really tough, but I got it done!

I also was able to pull 3 reps of 210 with a double overhand grip, up from only 1 rep!
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Sat through a 2 hour meeting at work, and didn't eat any of the 5 packets of bribe cookies the boss brought :)
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    My trainer called me a "beast" the other day when I did my first ever "real" deadlift. It was only 155 lbs but he seemed impressed. Probably because I'm almost 65............ :D and just started lifting weights recently although I've been going in that direction for over a year.
    OMG! You are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!