What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    After 15 years I'm back down to the size pants I wore in HS...32x30! Had to get the relaxed fit though as my thighs are too big from lifting weights :smiley:
  • sloseph
    sloseph Posts: 157 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've had a few all at once

1. last night i managed to run 5k in 29 minutes, before that my fastest time was about 32 minutes, i can't believe how much faster i was and i wasn't even trying to beat my record, it just happened

2. while running i noticed a pain in my foot like there was a stone in my shoe, i kept going because i was almost at 5k, when i got home it turns out i didn't have a stone, my running shoes have broken down, yeah apparently i'm now the sort of person who can wear out running shoes from over use :)

3. I've run out of holes on my belt but in the right direction, my belt won't go any tighter
  • nikd31
    nikd31 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been working on eating healthier and exercising for over a month now, and I'm actually loving it. I'm finally starting to realize that I do not need the foods that got me into the place that I'm at right now.

Today's NSV, there is an amazing chocolate/cookies and cream cake in the lunch room at work. I thought to myself, I can have just a tiny sliver and it won't hurt anything. But I decided that the 30 seconds of joy I'm going to get from that moment, I would rather see the scale go down just a little more instead. I in no way deprive myself, I just made a decision that shows that I'm starting to gain a little more self control each day. :smiley:
  • LokomotivMordor
    LokomotivMordor Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    So today I tried on my goal t shirt and it was too small for me. Sickened I never got wear it!

• BeachinBeauty
    BeachinBeauty Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This time last year bought a pair of jeans at Old Navy that would barely come up over my hips. I decided to keep them for the motivation factor. As recently as December, I was wearing them comfortably. Started doing C25K six weeks ago and put those same jeans on yesterday. They were so huge that I'm now going to have to put them up for sale on eBay.
  • mrssaver
    mrssaver Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    6.5km with no stopping. next week 7 km!! ;)
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Ran for the first time in a week and a half. I was slow as slow can be, but I did complete 5k!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Today I realised I need a lot of new work clothes. I can't put anything in may pants' pockets because they fall down! I also pushed past a nasty plateau, and am losing again. Feeling good!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Had 2 separate people at work mention how good I was looking and how much weight I had lost. Absolutely made my day :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I bought a new coat which is warm, but sportier than I want all the time and I looked in 6 stores for a shall to wear with it. When I couldn't find one, I did find two pretty scarves in Century 21 and decided to make one for myself. My profile picture shows the result. I'm so happy with it! B)
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV is now being able to do hops. I do taekwondo and I had a knee injury, put on weight and felt cumbersome. I hadn't been able to do them for roughly a year and now I can without pain. Last night my chief instructor told me that he has put me forward to take my black belt examination in 2 weeks time, months earlier than I expected. This is brill because I have found the motivation to up my training regiment. :D
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    I learned today that the average pace for a 40 yo female running a 5k is slower than my (so far) average 5k pace...psyched!

I'm 46 and just did the same calculation. My pace in a 5k is the same as the average pace of women in the 25-29 age group. This is a wonderful measurement of how well we are doing. Happy days!

http://www.pace-calculator.com/average-5k-pace-by-age-sex.php

• Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm wearing a size 12 pair of pants to work today. Last time this year I couldn't fit into my size 18 pants. Granted, the size 12 are a little tight around the waist, but I'm buttoned and comfortable.
  • lecanto1
    lecanto1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I wore a jacket today that I usually have to just keep unbuttoned. Surprisingly, I am able to completely button it, plus there's some extra room! Scale not moving much, and my butt/hips don't seem to be decreasing, but at least my top part is.
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am staying in a DoubleTree hotel and was given two of their signature choc chip cookies when I checked in. Checked on MFP and they have 350 calories each. Athough very tempted by them I did not succumb - the maid is going to have a treat on her coffee break tomorrow.
  • Cath_Taylor
    Cath_Taylor Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Am liking this thread! :)

1) A belt that didn't fit me now has only two notches left before I run out of holes!
    2) I can hold a plank (or two) longer than I thought possible!
    3) people are starting to notice & are asking what I'm doing :)
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I was able to lift ten pounds heavier than I could a week ago and I can now walk 45 minutes on the treadmill without stopping (might not be much to some, but if you read my profile you will see why it's a LOT to me) :D
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I did 75 minutes of intense yoga last night and I only had to do the variation moves (the easier ones) a couple of times. Very sore today, but proud!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!