What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Sam_Tastic_1
    Sam_Tastic_1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My recent NSV was going for a 8.5 mile hike with my dog and not wanting to die afterwards! It was a pretty awesome feeling to know that I could do that when before I would just sit and watch tv.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Been a minute since I've posted but I've had quite a few over the last few days...

1) Went to the Cavs playoff game Tuesday (woo) and our seats were ALLL the way up. Normally I'd be winded after coming up all the stairs and feel like I was sitting on top of the person next to me because the seats are more narrow at the top. I just sat, no pinching or anything...and the stairs didn't bother me at all. I was actually the runner for snacks and water all night.

2) Brought my belt in ANOTHER notch. I may have to suck it up and buy a new belt because it's starting to look ridiculous.

3) Started wearing my fitbit last Monday and I had a 22K+ day yesterday in steps.

4) During my 8 mile run/walk yesterday, I decided I'd try to just run a full mile instead of what I normally do...run part, walk part...repeat. Mile 3 I did really well but got into my own head and slowed down. Decided I'd start back up on mile 7 and felt so good I finished the whole way running. And for the first time in my adult life I ran a mile in under 12 minutes...twice. I didn't even do that during our 1 mile fitness tests in High School gym, let alone after already finishing 6 miles. I cried lol.

That's awesome!!!!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I had my monthly weight and measure thingie today. For the month of awesomeness April is have lost 5cm, 1kg, dropped 1% of my bodyfat And last but not least I'M OVERWEIGHT!!!!! not obese anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bring on magnificent may measurements!!!!!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I had my monthly weight and measure thingie today. For the month of awesomeness April is have lost 5cm, 1kg, dropped 1% of my bodyfat And last but not least I'M OVERWEIGHT!!!!! not obese anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS AWESOME! B)
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Awesome victory! Keep up the great work, I hope your May is truly magnificent :)
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I bought a new swimsuit at the weekend and went to the pool for the first time in years. I want to use swimming to tone up my arms and shoulders. I managed a 45min session very slowly with lots of breaks, but it felt great even if my arms and back are a little achy. Going back tomorrow and want to build up enough strength and stamina to join the local Masters squad in a month or so.
  • Mandea0321
    Mandea0321 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I went shopping for jeans because we are having "denim day" at my job for sexual assault awareness. Last time I went pants shopping I was in a tight size 20, so I decided to pick out a nice pair of size 20 pants. They fell off. I ended up getting a pretty decent pair of size 16 jeans...I haven't been in 16's in about 5 years.
  • Kate5283kate
    Kate5283kate Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am wearing a size 10 pair of pants at work today! Last time I wore size 10, I was in college (18 years ago...)
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    When I first started losing weight my size 14 pants were TIGHT... like, I should have been in a 16. I have shed some pounds, and my pants were getting REALLY lose, to the point of not looking good for work. I got a few new pair to hold me over until I get to my goal weight... THEY ARE SIZE 10!!! To go from needing to be in a 16, to getting into a 10 in 3 months... I am a happy camper! BRING IT ON LIFE, I've got this! <3
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I got compliments at the gym yesterday after finishing my run on the track. "You are a natural runner.", "You keep such a steady pace." (I ran 6 miles- 84 laps- in 59:24), and last but not least, "It helps that you are a tiny little thing." :blush: The last guy was astonished when I told him this "tiny little thing" was borderline morbidly obese less than 3 years ago.
  • cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Back before I was willing to accept that I had issues with my weight, I bought a really cute sports bra with a front clasp and cool design. I refused to believe that the problem with the fit wasn't because I was so fat, I just convinced myself it was an awful design. Turns out, I was just too fat! I put it on today on a whim and it fits exactly how it's supposed to!
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My size 14 jeans fit again! I tried em on just 2 weeks ago and couldn't even get them all the way pulled up.

Finally stopped worrying about looking stupid and tried power cleans for the first time (previously was doing hang cleans). Glad I did, they're fun...in an "oh god I think I'm gonna puke all over the Olympic platform" kinda way. :tongue:
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I ran 8km without stopping in just over an hour. My previous best distance was 5km. I think I could have managed 10km if I had the time before my next gym class to drop my pace significantly and keep going. Unfortunately I had to get on with my cool down so I'll never know if I could have done it doh!
  • SallyRamona
    SallyRamona Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    Hmmm....running in the rain, turned a corner and a woman came out of an office and said "Dammit! If your running it means I'll need to run!" "The rain was my excuse!" I yelled back "Woo Hoo!" Motivate others with action......

This is the best thing ever.
  • crpoll5
    crpoll5 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that I am back on MFP today! I had to quit and delete my account for personal reasons a last fall but I am back. Before I quit, I had logged 426 days in a row and lost a lot of weight and gained muscle. I am excited to be back and get the support MFP offers. Please feel free to friend me because I am starting new again.
  • amk165
    amk165 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Went bra shopping... Band size now 38 down from 44. Sales Representative told me that is down 6 inches. Never thought to measure there.

• JojoInTheForks
    JojoInTheForks Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Mine is kind of a funny, albeit awkward NSV! I had to teach a First Aid class today..lots of moving around. My underwear for most of the day were hanging down each leg of my jeans! I didn't realize, obviously, when I got dressed this morning that these underwear are no longer wearable!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    New underwear needs are a great NSV and awkward too. Also, FYI - a too big pair of underwear plus too big exercise pants/shorts is not the best combination for jogging attempts. Learned that the hard way. It's a pain to pull up things up every minute or so.

Couple of mine so far:

Weeks ago it was hard to imagine jogging more than 5 minutes at a given time (couch to 5k training) but I made it into week 7 and am jogging 25 minutes 3 days this week. I can actually do it and even though my legs ache during, I push through and after the cool down walk it's like "that was easy".

My max deadlift right now is 200 lbs, but I'm hoping to get up to 225 some time this summer. Not bad since I just learned how to do the lift in November.

Also, I went to a wedding back in 2011. Had to wear a size 22 dress to get one comfortable enough (it was a bit loose as I was more of a size 20). Hate the pictures. This year, I have a wedding to go to in November. After losing 50 lbs, I can almost fit a size 14 now. I won't have to shop at a specialty plus size dress store this fall for a dress to wear for my stepsister's wedding. :smile:
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I was doing chair dips in the kitchen before work. My athletic 17 year old son walks past and said "nice form, mom". Lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!