What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• asilmegan34
    asilmegan34 Posts: 256 Member
    My NSV was yesterday. I have a 6 week old who likes to scream for hours, but going for a car ride quiets her down and puts her to sleep. I am driving aimlessly for 30 minutes with my toddler and infant, and passed so many fast food and ice cream joints. Finally I stopped at an ice cream joint and only got ice cream for my husband, none for me!
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    edited April 2015
    Wearing a loosely fitted top that I've not had the courage to wear before... Had 3 compliments on it already this morning. :)
  • mrsvinisky
    mrsvinisky Posts: 16 Member
    These are my favorite posts! Good job everyone!
  • kbunn06
    kbunn06 Posts: 15 Member
    My size 20 jeans are finally getting loose! Which means I'm close to a size 18 :) Oh and I can wear my wedding ring again!
  • tanyamoore77
    tanyamoore77 Posts: 3 Member
    I did the dreaded task of shopping for a new bathing suit because my old one is falling off of me. I bought one 2 sizes smaller!! Soooo exciting!
  • Pammeycakes55
    Pammeycakes55 Posts: 108 Member
    edited April 2015
    I LOVE Everyone's NSV! I know you all feel good about it and it gives you even more motivation to keep on going! :-)

My recent NSV was when I showed a friend of mine a picture of me from last summer where I was on the beach. She looked at it and asked, "who's that?" I said, "it's me!" She couldn't believe it was me. She said, "how much weight have you lost?" I told her that according to the scales I'd lost 30 lbs. She preceeded to tell me, "oh no, you've lost way more than that". :o Talk about make my day! I have lost inches, tho, since I lift weights, so it looks like I've lost more weight.

Have a great day, everyone! :)
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    I bought clothes at a "regular people" store. For someone who's spent my whole life shopping at Lane Bryant, this is a big deal! Last night I got into a size 12 bermuda shorts at Aeropostale!

I love this. I went to Lane Bryant last week because I go there every spring to get summer clothes. Even the smallest sizes were too big! The last time I was this weight was in 1992.

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    I managed to burn 200 calories this morning with 45 minutes on my stationary bike. My previous high was only 25 minutes, and I blew it out of the water! I'm so proud. :)
  • staceykline
    staceykline Posts: 4 Member
    Wearing my skinny jeans I haven't been able to wear in two years. AND they are loose!!!!
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Walked by one of the cubicles and one of the workers hardly ever sees me asked if I had a tapeworm removed? I didn't get the reference then asked how much did I lose, because my face looks slimmer. Told him nearly 15 pounds since January. That's the second time in three weeks somebody noticed.
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Usually when I wear a t shirt and jeans to work on Friday (casual Friday), I always wear a hoodie to hide the stomach pudge, no matter how warm it is outside. Today I brought the hoodie, but didn't have to wear it to hide anything!! YAY!
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    I put on a pair of pants this morning that used to be too tight...they are actually a bit loose :smile:
  • eeelizabeth2012
    eeelizabeth2012 Posts: 132 Member
    I used to struggle with running. Could not go any longer than 3 mins at a time. Now I can go 10 mins at a time without any previous build up to that (running-wise).
  • LorraineZinn
    LorraineZinn Posts: 43 Member
    cblue315 wrote: »
    I bought clothes at a "regular people" store. For someone who's spent my whole life shopping at Lane Bryant, this is a big deal! Last night I got into a size 12 bermuda shorts at Aeropostale!

I love this. I went to Lane Bryant last week because I go there every spring to get summer clothes. Even the smallest sizes were too big! The last time I was this weight was in 1992.

My "weight loss goal" is however much I weigh when I am finally too small for one single thing in the Woman Within catalog. I'm at medium right now, and there are some things they don't even carry in small, so I'm getting there!

FWIW, this basically equates to a 30-inch waist.
  • txteachermom
    txteachermom Posts: 83 Member
    taking selfies and realizing my double chin is slowly going away! I used to never be able to take a selfie I liked!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    Walked by one of the cubicles and one of the workers hardly ever sees me asked if I had a tapeworm removed? I didn't get the reference then asked how much did I lose, because my face looks slimmer. Told him nearly 15 pounds since January. That's the second time in three weeks somebody noticed.

I had a similar experience this week. We had a directorate session which meant spending time with people we don't usually see/work with very often. A woman who has recently come back from maternity leave told me I looked like a totally different person compared to when we went away :D

She also said she noticed I had brought my own snacks (to avoid the temptation of the always calorific afternoon tea they provide) and thought she might try to do the same in future. Kind of nice to have someone notice and be positive about different behaviours - I'm always a bit self-conscious when I do things like bring different food, but that was really affirming.
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    AngeBee18 wrote: »
    Ok, so I just weighed myself and calculated my BMI, and as of today I am officially within my healthy weight range!!!!! :D

I know this is kind of a scale related victory, but as someone who started off well into the obese category, this is a massive achievement for me and I needed to celebrate it with someome! And you are all so nice on this thread I didn't think you'd mind ;)

th9d8s2prz3b.gif
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Work pants are starting to fit a little loose! :D
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    I finally came to the realization that my favorite pair of jeans must be tossed because they've become so big for me that a belt squeezes the front of the pants together, and undoes the button without my knowledge until I stand up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!