What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    kathdela wrote: »
    Wanted to blow off running this morning, but managed to talk myself into getting out of bed and doing the thing

*high five* :)

I had a similar experience on Monday when I couldn't get out for my regular lunchtime run. I managed to get myself out for a 10k run at home after dark. And I averaged under 6mins/km for the first time. Soo glad I went.

Now I just have to see if I can manage to do the same today. Stupid all-day meetings getting in the way of my running plans!
  • MelimelCoco
    MelimelCoco Posts: 36 Member
    Not having to worry about the weight limit to do group activities - aka just went indoor skydiving last night!!! Whoo hoo - weight limit was 250# which I used to exceed. Now closing in on one-derland :)

Onederland is an amazing feeling once you get in. I called my Mom and I was jumping and excited on the phone. I wonder if she understood anything I said lol

NSV for me is seeing that I really need to get rid of clothes because they are no longer publicly appropriate. And starting to see my new body shaping :smile:

Congrats everyone! And please continue posting, these types of discussions really keep me in the right track!
  • jennfeustel123
    jennfeustel123 Posts: 29 Member
    I'm wearing size 8 jeans today. Haven't seen this size in over five years! Last summer I was in size 14, so this definitely is a huge victory for me!

You're inspiring me! I have a size 8 I'm saving for "someday" and I am a 14 right now!

ME TOO! I can zip up size 12's...but there is enough muffin top there to make a baker proud... :heartbreak:

That's hilarious!
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    I tested my pistol today. Before, I could do it with a 12 kg (26.4 lb) kettle bell. Today I tried it with a 16 kg (35.2 lb) kettle bell. I wasn't able to get my leg quite to parallel on the right side, but I was SOOOOO close. I really wanted to count it, but know that it just wasn't quite there. However, I did get it on the left side! :):):)
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    I tested my pistol today. Before, I could do it with a 12 kg (26.4 lb) kettle bell. Today I tried it with a 16 kg (35.2 lb) kettle bell. I wasn't able to get my leg quite to parallel on the right side, but I was SOOOOO close. I really wanted to count it, but know that it just wasn't quite there. However, I did get it on the left side! :):):)
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    My biggest NSV is being able to be lost in a crowd. I'm finally almost "normal" sized. I'm not always the biggest person in the room. I can walk by without people even bothering to look at me. This level of being able to be incognito is surreal.

I hear ya, it feels so weird being a more blend-in-able size. But good weird.
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    @TeresaMarie2015. Love that you are open to trying new things. That's the side of my personality that's coming alive. Lol, I was standing on a 16 foot ladder when I noticed the weight limit sticker and it hit me I was under the limit. I haven't been to an amusement park in years because I didn't fit in the seats. When I lose enough I'm going.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Today, an elderly lady asked for help at the gym today because i looked strong. Their where a bunch of people who lift heavier then i do, but it was still nice to hear.
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    Nice job everyone!!! My most recent NSV is jogging on the treadmill 5 minutes straight. It was my first time even trying to jog on it and I couldn't believe I went that long... on the first try!!! Very proud of myself, and proud of all of you, too! :)
  • MaVieEntiere
    MaVieEntiere Posts: 135 Member
    Troutsy wrote: »
    I'm officially in single digit jeans :)

Oh my gosh i remember that. Yes!
  • OBXgirl130
    OBXgirl130 Posts: 43 Member
    melissaw78 wrote: »
    The (junk food) snack vendor that comes where I work said that he will only be coming around every other week now instead of every week because for some reason, his business has fallen off in the last couple of months.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Hahahahahahaha!! I hear ya!
  • hellomanen
    hellomanen Posts: 96 Member
    congrats!
    I'm barely on my second week but I'm not as breathless after or during my workouts so yay!
  • Bailey_432
    Bailey_432 Posts: 55 Member
    Got my left splits last night in the gym, yay!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    As of today I am "overweight" instead of "obese". Yay for overweight!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    @DianaLovesCoffee - You go girl!!!!!
  • oh_its_leesha
    oh_its_leesha Posts: 13 Member
    i was able to fit in a extra large shirt, i had in my closet for years!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    melissaw78 wrote: »
    The (junk food) snack vendor that comes where I work said that he will only be coming around every other week now instead of every week because for some reason, his business has fallen off in the last couple of months.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

HA! Awesome.
  • SMoorcroft
    SMoorcroft Posts: 23 Member
    Completed today's Speed Pacer runner and had covered 4.5km so decided to carry on to the max I've ever run 5km ...... Then when I reached 5km, I think Forrest Gump can explain better than me:

'I just kept on running'

7.5 beautiful Km's (4.6miles) later and THAT is now my furthest ever run *happy dance!*

Next stop ..... 10km!! B)
  • kelroberts21
    kelroberts21 Posts: 18 Member
    I was waiting on the leg press machine this morning. The guy in front of me jumped off after finishing his sets and started to take the weight off (there was a 45 lb plate on each side). I told him very nicely, "No sir, I need to add a plate, not take this one off." I ended my sets with three 45 plates on each side. Progress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!