What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• edetherington
    edetherington Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Did my first leg workout this morning in around 4 years... my legs will never be the same... but that's a good thing!
  • starbucktigh
    starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I've had a pack of individually wrapped cheeses in my fridge for a week. The same pack. I used to tear through those in 1-2 days. I'm actually starting to stick to portions!
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I ran into a woman I had worked with several years ago and she commented that I looked like I had lost a lot of weight. Makes me feel like it's all worthwhile!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    My teenage sons were sassing me (in good fun) so I said I would chase them with my spatula. Sons say we will just run. Hubs pops up and says "she might just catch you now since she's been working out!"
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Went zip lining last week and one of the guides described me as "nice and light!" I guess after 90 pounds gone I am kind of "light." It felt AMAZING! !!!
  • littleblue2
    littleblue2 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I went skating on Monday and couldn't find any jeans to wear. Looked in my closet and saw a size 14 Gap jean that I bought a few months ago and could not even get them past my hips. Mind you I wear a 14 but these must have run small. I don't know why I even tried them on, BUT they came up, zipped and were super, super comfortable.

I was excited to go skating even though I skate terribly. Then peep this, I skated for an hour and 3 minutes and burned 506 calories (kept my heart rate monitor on).

This is the most pumped up I've been in years!
  • littleblue2
    littleblue2 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've got another!
    Drug out my pants today and they are loose! Not falling down loose but heading downward when I walk loose.

Also I can fit into a top one size smaller comfortable! I'm size 20 now!

Yes that's pathetic I know but yay!

Girl it is not pathetic, its awesome! Look at you making progress. You better own that ish! :wink:
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    The 18.5" collar on my dress shirts no longer feels so restrictive. I'm going to need new jeans soon since I'm having to always pull up my current ones :)
  • sarah_hite
    sarah_hite Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just rode 20+ miles, my longest continuous bike ride so far. B)
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    First of all, this is BY FAR my favorite thread! I love how everyone has their own definition of success and how everyone else is incredibly supportive! So great!

My current NSV is that, according to BMI, I'm OVERWEIGHT! Not obese anymore! I love that I can come on here and say that and you guys GET IT.

ALSO my husband made the comment that I can stop losing whenever I want because he thinks I look incredibly healthy. It's bogus, I still have about 30 lbs to lose, but so sweet of him to say.
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Had a fleeting thought to ride my bike to work some this summer (13 miles each way). Not ready to do it yet. But I would never have considered it before and now it is a possibility!
  • JennyC123
    JennyC123 Posts: 20 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have a from last weekend:

1. My wedding ring 'place holder' fell off my finger while I was helping my little niece with her dress after my sister's wedding ceremony.
    2. I was at my parents house and crossed paths with my Dad in the hall. He just stopped and said "You're losing weight. I can tell" and walked on by. For him to notice is a huge deal for me. I'm one of four daughters so he's always been very cautious around this subject for fear of damaging our self esteem.
    3. The first thing one of my best friends said when she saw me after two months was, "Oh! How do you feel? You look great!"
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My recent NSVs

- I went to the pool last night and swam for 70min and did over 2km in total. I only went to the pool for the first time in years on Sunday, so I was pretty pleased with last night's effort. Nice to know that my running fitness is transferable!
    - Someone at work told me my change had inspired them to start working out. I never thought I would inspire anyone to be more healthy!
    - My friend told me I should stop losing weight now. I'm not quite there yet, but it was still kinda nice
    - Some larger women sitting next to me on the train were commenting that the seats weren't big enough for larger people. I agreed, but they looked at me kinda funny. That's when I realised that they weren't including me in that category! My brain still automatically assumed that I was.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    toriraeh wrote: »
    My current NSV is that, according to BMI, I'm OVERWEIGHT! Not obese anymore! I love that I can come on here and say that and you guys GET IT.

That's a great victory, congratulations! Keep up the great work :)
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Not a huge NSV but I couldn't find slacks for work but they were all in the laundry. I finally found one but the were a size smaller than I know I am but I thought I'd try them any way. They fit comfortably. I'm excited. I've never worn them because someone bought them for me when I first started this job.
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    When standing up from a seated position, I no longer have to obsess about making sure my shirt is pulled down just right to cover everything. I just stand up, and it usually falls down on its own. And if it doesn't, it's no big deal because I have nothing to hide! Such a liberating feeling!

That's awesome! I can't wait for that day.

• abellone7289
    abellone7289 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I went to update my workout calendar for May and I decided to look over my April calendar and not only did I complete my first round of p90x, but I only skipped exercising on days I planned to 4 times! I'm super excited since finding the time where I am not super exhausted from working nights seemed so much more daunting at the start of the month. Woo! Let's hope I can keep it up for the month of May :)
  • stuart959
    stuart959 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in a physically demanding career but had about a 3 month lay off and managed to gain about 20 pounds. Within my first week of eating better and exercising aggressively My energy level has come up and I can feel my undershorts not digging into my thighs as much. Trying to ramp up for a new job and I don't want to be huffing and puffing. I can see progress! Even better wife can see it too!
  • duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My size 18s are officially falling off my bum. Size 16s still aren't ready for public but I'm getting tantalizingly close- I can button them up and breath in them. I've also had to wave good bye to 3 bras, and 5 pairs of underwear because they're all now waaaaay too big. I could pretend to be sad over my diminishing wardrobe, but I would be lying.
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Going from "I can't even do one!!" to wide-grip pullups now becoming a staple part of my back routine.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!