What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I got to go shopping in my closet! I can now wear a pair of jeans I didn't even fit into when I first met my husband 6 years ago. You bet I was strutting my stuff around the supermarket yesterday
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I rode my bicycle almost 15 miles yesterday.
    That's only the 3rd ride I've done in who-knows-how-many years.
    My knees hurt quite a bit, but other than someone throwing an egg at me everything was fine.

ETA: and I wore shorts for the first time in quite a while! Didn't stress over how my legs look,
    because I think they look good. :smiley:
  • mangrothian
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    My knees hurt quite a bit, but other than someone throwing an egg at me everything was fine.

Someone threw an egg at you? Geez. Did you shout back at them "thanks, I haven't made my protein goals today!"?
  • MKEgal
    Options
    MKEgal wrote:
    Someone threw an egg at you? Geez. Did you shout back at them "thanks, I haven't made my protein goals today!"?
    LOL! No, I just wish I could have seen the tag as they drove off.
    Telling police "a white sedan, westbound on Capitol from Port Washington" doesn't help much. :disappointed:
    The only good thing about it was that I only felt a cool spray on my arm, and the shell went past on the pavement,
    so I'm pretty sure the egg fell apart in his hand as he tried to throw it. :snicker:
    Didn't have any on me that I could tell.
  • mangrothian
    edited May 2015
    Options
    MKEgal wrote:
    Telling police "a white sedan, westbound on Capitol from Port Washington" doesn't help much. :disappointed:
    The only good thing about it was that I only felt a cool spray on my arm, and the shell went past on the pavement,
    so I'm pretty sure the egg fell apart in his hand as he tried to throw it. :snicker:

I guess that's what riding with a go-pro would be good for. That way at least you'd hope the camera would have a recording of the cars details.

That, or you could start riding with a frying pan ;)
  • MKEgal
    Options
    toriraeh wrote:
    My current NSV is that, according to BMI, I'm OVERWEIGHT! Not obese anymore!
    I love that I can come on here and say that and you guys GET IT.
    LOL! Yeah, only people who have 'been there' understand why it's so great to only be overweight.

ALSO my husband made the comment that I can stop losing whenever I want because he thinks
    I look incredibly healthy. It's bogus, I still have about 30 lbs to lose, but so sweet of him to say.
    I've had a couple people tell me I should stop losing now (have about 20 lb to be at the top end of
    a healthy BMI), one of whom was a doctor! I think our perception of normal/average has been so
    skewed by the obesity epidemic that we can't recognize healthy any more.
  • MKEgal
    Options
    toriraeh wrote:
    My current NSV is that, according to BMI, I'm OVERWEIGHT! Not obese anymore!
    I love that I can come on here and say that and you guys GET IT.
    LOL! Yeah, only people who have 'been there' understand why it's so great to only be overweight.

ALSO my husband made the comment that I can stop losing whenever I want because he thinks
    I look incredibly healthy. It's bogus, I still have about 30 lbs to lose, but so sweet of him to say.
    I've had a couple people tell me I should stop losing now (have about 20 lb to be at the top end of
    a healthy BMI), one of whom was a doctor! I think our perception of normal/average has been so
    skewed by the obesity epidemic that we can't recognize healthy any more.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I was able to get down on the ground and turn off the propane gas to my fireplace without holding onto somethimg to get up. May be small, but it was a huge deal to me.

That is an awesome NSV! This is one of the things that motivated me to get serious about my weight loss. Standing up from a squatting position was no longer a smooth movement and I definitely don't want to lose mobility as I age. I'm only 38 but it scared the hell out of me because of the mobility issues my 70 year old mother is having. Good for you!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I had to tie my shoe laces into double, triple knots because my feet are getting smaller and the double knot leaves the loops hanging out too far... Realized this the hard way, tripped my self doing day 20 of the 30 day shred!!! Woooo!!!

Meeeeee too!!!!!
  • aenglert_04
    aenglert_04 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My original 'out of breath' speed on the elliptical is now my 'slow down and catch my breath' speed!. I would have never been able to (previously) get up to 8mph!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote:

If they had only studied their classical physics harder they would have been successful. Happily they were morons.
  • duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I ran for a little over a whole block, during a meh asthma day. I needed my inhaler but I have a feeling that if it wasn't for the smoke in the air I would have been able to keep running.
  • NotAResolution
    NotAResolution Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I finally have a good one to post. I can now wear the YMCA provided towel while walking back from the shower without holding onto it. I used to have to grip it cause it wasn't long enough to overlap and tuck in. Now I have two hands free!
  • jennfeustel123
    jennfeustel123 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My arms fit closer against my body!
  • cdcllcga01
    cdcllcga01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    On Saturday walking home from the gym, my wife (who's lost 20 lbs so far) said to me, "I'm so glad we are doing this together; I'd have never done this alone." I know she could have, but it was still great to hear.
  • 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    On Saturday at the mall a sales person I havn't seen for a while said you look great. Nice to hear from a younger person. And my daughter and I both wanted the same skirt. I won of course!
  • SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    melissaw78 wrote: »
    DD14 had her first 2 softball games this week. She was bummed out over her performance so far. To give her a somewhat funny motivation, I told her that everytime she gets a base hit, Mom will drop and do 10 pushups, no matter who is watching.
    She can't wait for Monday afternoon's game.

At any rate, it's a NSV because it just popped out of my mouth and I was surprised that the thought of it did not intimidate me at all.

This is brilliant.

• liftrunrepeat
    liftrunrepeat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had one scoop of ice cream this weekend..typically I have 1-2 pints.

AND I bought some workout clothes in my usual size (online). When I tried them on a few days ago I realized I need to size down :D .
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I put on some cropped jeans today to work in the garden. Last year I couldn't do them up, today when lugging about bags of gravel they were falling down! :)
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    cdcllcga01 wrote: »
    On Saturday walking home from the gym, my wife (who's lost 20 lbs so far) said to me, "I'm so glad we are doing this together; I'd have never done this alone." I know she could have, but it was still great to hear.

Having someone who understands and supports you makes all the difference. great work both of you - and keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!