What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Being told I look skinny by someone who hasn't seen me in only a few weeks. The other thing was having to get rid of bags of clothes because they are too big. I've only dropped ten pounds but 4-5 inches in my waist. Lots of changes happening.
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Today is my 365th day streak on MFP.
    Congrats!!!!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I'm finding belts useful for the first time in my life. I wore them in high school because it was a part of our uniform. Since then, every time I bought pants that came with a belt, I'd give it away. Now I find that I'm going through sizes too fast and can't afford to keep buying new ones.
  • adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    On the first of September my husband and I decided to give up drinking Coke Zero (and since we don't drink tea or coffee, that essentially meant we were giving up caffeine). Not such a big thing unless you realised just how much of this we drank (a LOT!) We had a week off work and decided to go cold turkey. 3 days of withdrawal from caffeine was NOT fun, but we were determined. I started to drink almost exclusively water and bought a bottle to fill at the water cooler at work. They say 21 days to break a habit - AND TODAY IS DAY 22!!!!

I am so proud of me. (And him).
  • Hybrice
    Hybrice Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    On the first of September my husband and I decided to give up drinking Coke Zero (and since we don't drink tea or coffee, that essentially meant we were giving up caffeine). Not such a big thing unless you realised just how much of this we drank (a LOT!) We had a week off work and decided to go cold turkey. 3 days of withdrawal from caffeine was NOT fun, but we were determined. I started to drink almost exclusively water and bought a bottle to fill at the water cooler at work. They say 21 days to break a habit - AND TODAY IS DAY 22!!!!

I am so proud of me. (And him).

Well done, I did the same thing coming off drinking 3-4 cans of "diet/sugar free" energy drinks per day, I crashed HARD, felt like I was in full on withdrawal for 3-4 days, headaches etc, awful, so glad I stopped though, I became too reliant on them to wake me up.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I've consistently posted on MFP for 1165 days.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I am not completely down a size yet , but I can now wear some of the roomier xl sized tops! A few months ago I was bursting out of xxl tops!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone!

I tried on my favourite winter coat last night and discovered I need to get it taken in at the waist!

I bought it 2 winters ago at the tail end of reaching my goal. Then I did a slow body recomp so I had to get it tailored quite a bit last winter too.

Feels real good!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I just spent an hour in the gym in spite of really feeling unmotivated.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I took out one of my old favorite pair of jeans this weekend that I had stuck away for whenever I lost weight and I discovered....they're too big! :)
  • athenawj
    athenawj Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Saw my SIL's mom for the first time in four months. She told me I was even skinnier and that I was going to blow away if I lost more weight. I just chuckled awkwardly; I haven't heard something like that since I was a kid. But it was nice to hear!
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Went to the gym today. Good looking guy was spotting me...then he asked me out on a date. I almost dropped the weight on my head. I declined...but that would've never happened to me before!
  • khristiana
    khristiana Posts: 131 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I was going through my closet last week in the morning while getting dressed for work. It was a chilly day, so I grabbed a pretty blue shirt from my "winter wear" to casually throw on and I couldn't help but smile seeing how this once tight shirt, was now loose and baggy.

It was one of those small victories that I wouldn't have otherwise noticed, without proof from some clothing.

:smile:

I still have a long way to go, but that was awesome!
  • ACJP2014
    ACJP2014 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am physically and mentally the healthiest I have ever been. What started as an experiment into calorie counting turned into a life style change which includes regular runs, lifting heavy, giving up sugar, drinking more water, well balanced meals which have all resulted in me being much happier. I am not the lightest I've ever been, which just goes to show that scales can only tell you a small amount about how healthy you are.

P.S. Just so you all know I started calorie counting in April 2014. I lost weight; then I went on holiday gained some and then lost some again and stayed the same since then. I fall on and off the no sugar wagon (currently back on with no sugar); and have done a few weeks with no running as I didn't feel like it - managed to reach my goal of 30min 5k and as I wasn't expecting it didn't have another goal to motivate me. I guess what I'm trying to show is that you may fall down, gain back weigh, run slower than last year, have bad months. But as I see it it's a complete lifestyle change, and lasting change takes time, so give yourself a break and now get back to it :smile:
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I have one this morning! -- A month or so ago I did a big closet clean-out and got rid of SO many clothes. I got rid of stuff that was waaaaay too small for me figuring that it would just be cluttering up the place until I ever got down that small. If I ever did I'd reward myself with some new clothes!

But, I kept three pairs of "almost fit" pants. Ones that I could pull on but that didn't *quite* button or zip. Well, this morning I am wearing one of those pairs of pants! woot! And they zipped and buttoned easily. I think if I ate a big lunch they'll be a tad uncomfortable but I won't have time to sit down for lunch today anyway so it will be one of those nibble-whenever-I-can lunches. Yay for me. :)

I've lost about 18 pounds but haven't taken any measurements since I started. Guess I'll do that tonight to see what I've lost around my waist.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I had some spontaneous energy and worked out a little circuit with my kids this morning. 6 am, too, which is not what I usually want to do that early...
  • Sullivanna1958
    Sullivanna1958 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For the first time since my son was born (he is 22), I have my wedding band and engagement rings on! I took them off when pregnant, as my hands and fingers were swelling and I was afraid of them not coming off, they never went back on. In onderland and soon to be just overweight and not obese.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I had some spontaneous energy and worked out a little circuit with my kids this morning. 6 am, too, which is not what I usually want to do that early...

I don't think that's what anyone usually wants to do that early. Fantastic job getting the kidlets involved! I bet they had fun!
  • herculean1982
    herculean1982 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am now a medium t-shirt/jumper and not a large for the first time in 13 years. Hooray!!!!!!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    1025 days on here

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!