What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    WTG @rchlthompson , hope to join you soon!

You will girl, keep up the good work!

• Camish911
    Camish911 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to run in years due to gnarly shin splints. Turns out that the reason I had them was all my extra weight. Now that I've dropped 40 pounds I can jog without ending in excruciating pain. It's pretty awesome!
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    NH_Norma wrote: »
    Today I took the kids to a restaurant for lunch and ordered fish -n- chips (which are actually fries here in the States). I substituted steamed broccoli for the fries and applesauce for the coleslaw and was perfectly satisfied. I have hope that I can start eating out again and still stay within my calories!!

Awesome! Great job! It gets easier as long as you are comfortable ordering and asking for what you want. I had lunch out with friends on Friday and the server brought a brownie sundae to celebrate a birthday, even though we said no dessert. The old me would have eaten it because it was there and I wouldn't want to offend by leaving it. This time, I had one tiny bite and walked away from it happily.

I looked at the dessert menu and then said no. I told the kids the next time we'd come and just order dessert. They have dessert "minis" which are actually a nice portion without overwhelming calories. I don't know why they're called "minis," because they're not that small. Though maybe the old me would have been disappointed at the size.
  • famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I turned down happy hour drinks with a friend I hadn't seen in a while because I wouldn't be able to get my 3 runs for the week in otherwise. This from a gal who used to make any excuse to cheat on food (not on my workouts b/c THAT was non-existent until this year!!) Feel GREAT about the decision today, and found out I get to see this friend this weekend anyway!!!! I feel like things could be turning around for realz this time:)
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    I just came back from Vacation and started tracking my food again, which is great because usually after a break it takes a long time for me to get motivated again :)
  • PaigeInTechnicolor
    PaigeInTechnicolor Posts: 164 Member
    Options

Congratulations! I really liked the piece, too. It is good to be reminded of these things.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    OK this is a first for me My panties are loose at he bottom of my cheeks.

I have never had that happen before but apparently that is where weight is coming from!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    badnoodle wrote: »
    I had an NSV that started from diet failure. I went 350 cal over goal at dinner (curse you, General Tso), but I was determined to end the day in the green. I figured it would take me 90 agonizing minutes on the stationary bike to burn it off. But to my surprise, I was able to sustain a 16.5 mph/145 bpm pace for 60 minutes relatively painlessly. Eight weeks ago, 20 minutes at 13mph was the absolute limit of what I could do.

Oh, man. Well done!!!
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Today I wore size 16 pants and a L shirt to work. A year ago, I was wearing 26/28 and a tight 3X.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options

Wow, congratulations! :)
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I mitigated a binge by moderating my calories for the rest of the day. I only ended up *slightly* over my goal for the day. I also made it out for a walk, which I should be doing everyday but haven't managed in a while. A neighbor whom I don't recall meeting before saw me and said "There she is! Where have you been?" Knowing that I am, in fact, NOT the only one who knows if I get my walk in should help motivate me to keep it up!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    badnoodle wrote: »
    I had an NSV that started from diet failure. I went 350 cal over goal at dinner (curse you, General Tso), but I was determined to end the day in the green. I figured it would take me 90 agonizing minutes on the stationary bike to burn it off. But to my surprise, I was able to sustain a 16.5 mph/145 bpm pace for 60 minutes relatively painlessly. Eight weeks ago, 20 minutes at 13mph was the absolute limit of what I could do.

Great job- that's amazing :)
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options

Fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!