What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Oooooh yep it all makes sense now.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    A childhood friend just friended me and messaged me on Facebook. After chatting for awhile he asked how I lost the weight. I asked, "how did you know I lost weight, from looking at my older pictures?"

His response: "No, I remember from childhood."

I haven't seen him since I was 12. I'm thinner now as I turn 30 than I was in 5th grade...
  • adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    cblue315 wrote: »
    Well nuts....was hoping to figure this one out by reading thru the responses but I'm even more lost at the end....soooo yep..go ahead and throw out my lack of a brain and inquire as to what an NSV is???? Anyone??? Anyone?? NSV???

Non Scale Victory - If you read - this is asked/answered every few pages.

LOL Don't feel bad - we all had to ask this at some point along the way!! I still confuse people at work every now and then by saying "I had a great NSV yesterday!"
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    I put on the wrong shirt by accident. Thinking it was my other.
    This wrong one did fit my XL size but shrunk when it was washed and couldn't squeeze into it anymore.
    I had looked down at the shirt and thought, "Darn! Wrong shirt." But was gaping with an open mouth cause it fit. And not squeezing into it fit. A loose fit that lifted some cause my push-up bra and the fact it had been shrunk revealing a flat tummy.
    So I ran to the bathroom mirror and was shocked to see a lean person looking back wearing an awesome short shirt. Immediately showed my husband and he said. "Looks good."
    Now my once hated shirt is with my favorite shirts.
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Today is my 365th day streak on MFP.
    That's great, well done!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Kirstie155 wrote: »
    yungibear wrote: »
    The little old Asian ladies at my church just asked me, "are you dieting? You look like you're skinnier!" And if you know little old Asian ladies, they will be the first to speak up about your weight.

My mother in law is a little old Asian lady. So. True.
    Lord help me if I gain a few pounds, she isn't shy about it! She once patted my stomach and said "sit ups!"

Congrats on the complement, they really are hard to come by ;)

Hah! When I was in Cambodia, my friend's landlord brought us fruit from his village. He pointed to my stomach and sad 'Cholesterol!'
  • althea5883
    althea5883 Posts: 40 Member
    Took the kids to the fair last night, had an asking time and ate a lot of crappy food. Getting back on track today and not feeling guilty about the food i ate and just saying forget it is a huge nsv for me :)
  • MarietjieHoward
    MarietjieHoward Posts: 214 Member
    I have lost 14lbs in 38 days, I am even more determined than ever to continue, down 1 stone....2 more to go....
  • SallyRamona
    SallyRamona Posts: 73 Member
    Got brave enough to try on my size 12 jeans yesterday after realizing a couple days ago I could pull off my 14s without unbuttoning them. 12s fit perfect! Wore them all day with no issues!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    I have lost 14lbs in 38 days, I am even more determined than ever to continue, down 1 stone....2 more to go....
    Well that's definitely a scale victory - but a good one, well done!
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    I didn't throw the scale against the wall this morning. Mostly because I have no clue how to repair and respackle a wall.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 819 Member
    After wandering around Maryland Renaissance Faire on Saturday (husband had about 13,500 steps), my ankles and heels didn't bother me on Sunday, only my hips a little from up and down the hills. OF course I'm sure I still was over on calories, because of my yummy but not smart choices.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    I can sit cross-legged on my kitchen chairs!! I didn't even realize I had done it until I tried to stand up. . .
  • Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    I put on the wrong shirt by accident. Thinking it was my other.
    This wrong one did fit my XL size but shrunk when it was washed and couldn't squeeze into it anymore.
    I had looked down at the shirt and thought, "Darn! Wrong shirt." But was gaping with an open mouth cause it fit. And not squeezing into it fit. A loose fit that lifted some cause my push-up bra and the fact it had been shrunk revealing a flat tummy.
    So I ran to the bathroom mirror and was shocked to see a lean person looking back wearing an awesome short shirt. Immediately showed my husband and he said. "Looks good."
    Now my once hated shirt is with my favorite shirts.
    Oh, I love this! I hope to one day soon have all of my "hated" shirts hanging with my favorites!
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Finally have a few!

-Went to the mall on Thursday and browsed around. Ended up finding the cutest bodycon dress by Calvin Klein on clearance in a size 14. Surprisingly...it zipped! It was a little too snug on my tummy for my taste and it ended up being on clearance because it had a hole in it, but it zipped!!
    -One purchase I did make was at Victoria's Secret. I used to always have to buy one cup size up to make the band size fit me there. Not this time, I was able to grab my exact measurement size and it fit perrrrfectly. I don't think I've ever experienced that at VS lol.
    -Ran my 4th half marathon on Saturday in Akron. It was the third run of a 3 race series they started this year. Not only did I complete that third run, but I PRed! I ran the same half last year and beat the previous years time by 29:49! I had ran another half in May of this year and crushed that time by 20:30 AND this was my very first half that was done in UNDER 3 hours! I cried at the finish line.
  • caratayloruk
    caratayloruk Posts: 58 Member
    I completed my first half marathon yesterday in 2 hours 12 minutes and ran the whole thing! 18 months ago I couldn't run a mile without feeling like I was dying!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    I was feeling sorry for myself this morning about the over 3 lbs I gained this past month(vacation and bad choices... but I have gotten rid of all but .6 lbs of it.yay!) I periodically have mental/emotional stalls to work through. So, instead of it getting me down further, I just gave myself a moment to mourn my lost progress, acknowledged the work I have done and went a did a quick 20 mins on the elliptical. I feel a little better because every little bit counts and I don't need giant leaps to make progress... I realized I need to review my goals from now to next month and make clearer plans that will help keep me going through the weekends. I only have 23lbs. to onderland and I'd like to get there by New Years. Even though I've been doing this a year now, sometimes I have to get back to basics and fight against the mindset that got me this fat to begin with. Realizing that and taking action instead of giving over being mopey-dopey all day is my NSV for today. :)
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    bri170lb wrote: »
    whatang wrote: »

A couple of hours later, I got the email with my time: 24:40.

Holy carp! Exactly 10 minutes quicker than my first 5k time back in January, and, incredibly, under 25 minutes - so much for my "medium term" goal! I've been buzzing all day since then.

I'm so glad you posted this yesterday because it makes what I have to say a perfect example of why My Fitness Pal is so awesome. It works for ALL of us, no matter where we are in our fitness journey!

I ran a 5k today, my 4th one since June.
    It was very hot (for me least, I live in the mountains, so I am used to jogging in cool temperatures) so I was only able to walk.

I came in LAST place out of a LOT of people, but it still counts a a win for me because...

1. On January 1st of this year I could just barely walk 10 minutes on the treadmill.
    2. I'm 52 and I never jogged before this past May.
    3. After the first 5 minutes I thought I wouldn't be able to finish, even walking, but I did.
    4. I kept my commitment to myself to do one 5k race every month til next May.

And while I am dissapointed that I still have not been able to break 50 minutes, I have been buzzing all day too!

That's fantastic. I have so much respect for the people who come in last but are still out there pushing themselves over the line. Next time you're out there, think of us all cheering you on!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    1030 day streak
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    lseed87 wrote: »
    1030 day streak

Nice!

Got in a bit of a tiff with someone. Not only didn't turn to food (I usually don't anymore) I didn't even dwell more than two seconds on the idea of turning to food. Went for a long walk instead. Works much better!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!