What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is considered an NSV but it seems so to me. I have hypertension, diabetes and high cholesterol (for laughs sometime look up "metabolic syndrome - I'm their poster child.) Anyway, the hospital at which I work offered free coronary CT scans with a calcium scores and angiograms to confirm the results. The higher the calcium score the higher the plaque build up in the coronary arteries and the higher the likelihood of a heart attack. After years of a poor diet and sedentary lifestyle, I figured I was in trouble, but instead, the calcium score was zero! No plaque buildup in my coronary arteries! The angiogram then confirmed it!

Best free test I've ever been given!

0bfTsFm.jpg

Definitely NSV! Awesome!!!!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    These posts are really great!!
  • ALG775
    ALG775 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    All of my old "small" clothes set aside over the last 15-16 years including some pants never worn now fit me! Now I have to decided if I'll stop here or go further (and then have to buy new clothes!)
  • BerryDanish
    BerryDanish Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ran 4.5km non stop and finish the couch to 5k program this week! Furthest I've run since intermediate school!

And I'm down to notch two on my long watch strap, looking forward to when it's too small and I have to replace it with a normal size watch strap!!
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I have several cute short-jumpsuits that I wore on a beach vacation several years ago, that were too tight to wear on last year's beach vacation. One of my goals was to wear them on an upcoming beach vacation...tried them on today and they fit! The top on a couple of them are halter tops...the back keeps rolling down, so might be a little too big!

Vacation isn't for like a month and a half so they might be really too big to wear on vacation (keeps showing my bra). If they get too big I'll just use them as swimsuit cover ups instead.

Scale isn't moving much lately, but nice to know that I'm still losing inches!
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    agzram wrote: »
    Took my beautiful, almost 8 year old, daughter out for her first "run" with mom. It was awesome we warmed up and did a run/walk interval around our neighborhood park for 2.1 miles. She did great and talked and chatted to me the entire time!!

I see a lot of runs together in our future! I'm going to get her running shoes for her birthday next month!! Best thing about my healthy lifestyle is knowing that my four beautiful daughters are watching, learning and enjoying a new more active life too!!

I LOVE this!! Great stuff!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    paige55555 wrote: »

Congratulations! I really liked the piece, too. It is good to be reminded of these things.
    Wow, congratulations! :)
    StacyChrz wrote: »
    Fantastic!

@paige55555 @Penthesilea514 @Penthesilea514 Thanks!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I've only got two more physical therapy appointments. :)
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Like other MFPers... my new lifestyle is rubbing off on my family! My son helps me with planks, squats and weight-lifting. My daughter walks to come and meet me halfway on my daily 6km walk home from work. Even my husband (who does most of the cooking) pulls out the food scale to use and/or leaves the packaging out so I can check the weight of things (like chicken sausage)... very cool now that my whole family is involved!
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I have painfully noticed that I need to get some cushioning for my office seat lol
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »
    Like other MFPers... my new lifestyle is rubbing off on my family! My son helps me with planks, squats and weight-lifting. My daughter walks to come and meet me halfway on my daily 6km walk home from work. Even my husband (who does most of the cooking) pulls out the food scale to use and/or leaves the packaging out so I can check the weight of things (like chicken sausage)... very cool now that my whole family is involved!

Awesome! my family members are slowwly coming around to some healthier routines and habits. In fact Hubby has "passively" lost weight you know the diet when you're not on a diet due to me eating healthier meals that he helps cook lol
  • ShaneLynch1972
    ShaneLynch1972 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wrapped myself in a regular bath towel after my shower today and it covered my whole torso!

It seems lame, but not being able to use a regular bath towel really bothered me. Now I don't have to use two when I need to walk to/from the bathroom. :#

@SpiderGwens I know how you feel on that one. I use to use a beach towel and it still wouldn't fit around me. :smile:
  • lizzy_satellite
    lizzy_satellite Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I ran 15.1km without a walk break. My previous best was 11.2, and seven months ago I couldn't run for three minutes straight.
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just cycled 28km in 58 minutes on my stationary bike. On Thursday last week I struggled to do 10km - it's only been a few days but I feel so much fitter already.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!