What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    whatang wrote: »
    bri170lb wrote: »
    whatang wrote: »

A couple of hours later, I got the email with my time: 24:40.

Holy carp! Exactly 10 minutes quicker than my first 5k time back in January, and, incredibly, under 25 minutes - so much for my "medium term" goal! I've been buzzing all day since then.

I'm so glad you posted this yesterday because it makes what I have to say a perfect example of why My Fitness Pal is so awesome. It works for ALL of us, no matter where we are in our fitness journey!

I ran a 5k today, my 4th one since June.
    It was very hot (for me least, I live in the mountains, so I am used to jogging in cool temperatures) so I was only able to walk.

I came in LAST place out of a LOT of people, but it still counts a a win for me because...

1. On January 1st of this year I could just barely walk 10 minutes on the treadmill.
    2. I'm 52 and I never jogged before this past May.
    3. After the first 5 minutes I thought I wouldn't be able to finish, even walking, but I did.
    4. I kept my commitment to myself to do one 5k race every month til next May.

And while I am dissapointed that I still have not been able to break 50 minutes, I have been buzzing all day too!

That's fantastic. I have so much respect for the people who come in last but are still out there pushing themselves over the line. Next time you're out there, think of us all cheering you on!

Oh! That's so sweet! Thank you! :smiley:
  • seomra
    seomra Posts: 69 Member
    100 days of logging, so pleased with myself!

• athenawj
    athenawj Posts: 23 Member
    Two here: first, I went down a cup size. TMI maybe, and not an NSV I would have been happy with twenty years ago, but I was looking too top-heavy to myself.

Second: we're going to the Halloween party at Walt Disney World in two weeks, and I had to order my costume online. A fifties-style halter dress. Ordering clothes online nowadays makes me nervous-- being fifty-three pounds lighter means I don't know how things fit me. I studied the reviews and ordered what I hoped was the right size. It came yesterday... and fits perfectly! I can even sit comfortably in it, ha. Not only that, my husband REALLY likes the way I look in it. ;)

I never would have worn a dress like that at my heaviest, nor would it even have fit!
  • sonyaruns
    sonyaruns Posts: 24 Member
    I spent the summer wearing the same poorly fitting dresses and skirts because that was all I had that would fit me. After losing 15 lbs I can now fit in many of my fall clothes nicely, and will have better choices in how I present myself. 25 more lbs to go, but this is a victory for me!
  • KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    ><[/quote]I measured my waist and hips yesterday and, since July 2014, they are both 4 inches smaller!!!
    des618 wrote: »
    My NSV doesn't really seem like much but was really positive for me. I struggle with getting to the gym enough during the week, the past few weeks I've been running outside instead of going to the gym. Well yesterday it was raining so I went in and the folks behind the desk said "hey, haven't seen you in here for a couple weeks, where ya been?" Doesn't seem like much but the fact that I go to the gym often enough now that they noticed when I wasn't there just made my day! :smile:

:drinker:
    a guy at work nicknamed me "muscles". YAYYYY!
    Yesterday my husband hugged me and said, I can feel that you've lost weight!

My 3-year-old was trying to stretch and do a workout DVD with me. I felt great knowing that I'm setting a good example for my kids.

• Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Accidental pants NSV: Put an old pair on I didn't think I could wear, mistaking them for a different pair. They fit!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Azuriaz wrote: »
    Accidental pants NSV: Put an old pair on I didn't think I could wear, mistaking them for a different pair. They fit!

Best feeling !

Going into not one but several stores and realizing that I am fitting into most mediums
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    bizgirl26 wrote: »
    Azuriaz wrote: »

Best feeling !

Going into not one but several stores and realizing that I am fitting into most mediums

Also a great feeling! :)
  • fatdaduk
    fatdaduk Posts: 50 Member
    What is a(n) NSV? There are so many abbreviations flying around I sometimes get lost. Is there a glossary anywhere? :blush:
  • caratayloruk
    caratayloruk Posts: 58 Member
    I ran my first half marathon on Sunday as didn't walk a single step of it, (even the steep hill!) finishing in a very respectable 2 hours 12 minutes. Prior to this the only race I'd ever done was a 5k race for life and I had to walk the majority of that as I couldn't manage to run for more then a couple of minutes
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    fatdaduk wrote: »
    What is a(n) NSV? There are so many abbreviations flying around I sometimes get lost. Is there a glossary anywhere? :blush:

Non Scale Victory
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,030 Member
    fatdaduk wrote: »

Non Scale Victory.

And the glossary is in the stickies for the Getting Started forum topic, at: Acronyms and Terms for New MFP Members

The other stickies there are good, too; I recommend that everyone read them.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Rode my recumbent bike 'till it tripped back to 0 mins. 101 minutes! (over 800 miles since I got it as well!) Did my elliptical for 5mins and also did 360 reps. All in one day! I can usually talk myself out reps with a lot of cardio, but today I talked myself into them!
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    I ran my first half marathon on Sunday as didn't walk a single step of it, (even the steep hill!) finishing in a very respectable 2 hours 12 minutes. Prior to this the only race I'd ever done was a 5k race for life and I had to walk the majority of that as I couldn't manage to run for more then a couple of minutes
    Wow! Well done!
  • mandarkio
    mandarkio Posts: 62 Member
    two little ones for me :)

1) on monday i bought a new winter coat in a size smaller than i usually wear and it fits comfortably :smiley:
    2) today i FINALLY fulfilled a new year's resolution and joined a gym. only 9 months late!
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    This morning I hugged my husband and realised my stomach was not in the way :-) great feeling !
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    This morning I hugged my husband and realised my stomach was not in the way :-) great feeling !

Very nice. My stomach gets in the way of things on occasion but it's getting better.

Mine for right now is that the last two times when I've skipped jogging in the morning, I have jogged after lifting weights at night using the gym's treadmills. Granted I've run longer outside but 6 months ago it was hard to jog for 10 minutes on the treadmill. I jogged for a total of 40 minutes tonight and it wasn't difficult at all. Looking forward to the 10k I have coming up in less than a month.
  • 1Alexanderia
    1Alexanderia Posts: 7 Member
    1.) I started out only being able to run .5 miles without stopping. I am up to 2 miles now
    2.) I've lost 12lbs in 45 days!!
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Had to purchase new undergarments as the ones I currently have are too big now and have gotten uncomfortable to wear
  • ImNancyLynn
    ImNancyLynn Posts: 36 Member
    I posted my first picture in years that was all of me and not just my face! I love NSV's! What a great way to celebrate this path to health as it is not always the scale that says you are doing well! Thank you for asking :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!