What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    G33K_G1RL wrote: »
    My 9-year-old son was playing on his tablet and said to me "Mom, if getting healthy was a game, you would have leveled up a few levels."

I am definitely going to start thinking like this!

@pearso21123 @silverarcheress
    The a website called Fitocracy that actually has you level up and gives you badges for different accomplishments. It's aimed more for people who lift weights; cycling, running and cardio tend to be worth less points, though it's hard to judge. I use it as a tracker for my workouts, and it's really fun to get a badge when you hit a milestone!

fitocracy.com

P.S. Follow FitB0t he will track more stats and give you lifetime milestones aka ran 100 km in lifetime, did 1000 crunches, etc.

Thanks!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    A couple of new ones this week -

I have almost run out of old wardrobe to go shopping in. One skirt, one dress, two pairs of jeans and two pairs of shorts to go :)

Someone I haven't seen for four months noticed, and had the sweetest, most appreciative reaction a person could ever wish for. He was the poster child for discussing someone's weight loss respectfully. Warm fuzzy feelings after that conversation!

Would you mind mentioning a little bit of what he said? I'd love to know how to bring this subject up as well as he seemed to, other than the generic, "Wow, have you lost some weight? You look great!"
  • SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I passed 3,000,000 steps on my Fitbit.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Would you mind mentioning a little bit of what he said? I'd love to know how to bring this subject up as well as he seemed to, other than the generic, "Wow, have you lost some weight? You look great!"

There was no big fuss or exclamation, he waited 'til there was no-one else in earshot then just said
    'The changes you've made really look good on you, you look happy'. Didn't ask if, or how much, or how, or why - just left it up to me to add info if I wanted to, and then the conversation wandered off somewhere else. It was the tone of voice as much as anything. He's a good guy :)
  • TacoTina
    TacoTina Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i feel siily but ill ask anyways ...what is NSV ?
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    TacoTina wrote: »
    i feel siily but ill ask anyways ...what is NSV ?

Non-Scale Victory i.e. something good which has happened but isn't based on the scale going down (or up depending on your aims).

I went to the cinema yesterday and I had space on either side of my thighs! This is genuinely a big deal for me because my legs and hips is where I carry all that extra weight. I even became that annoying cinema-goer and used my phone to send a message to my partner because I was so astounded!
  • ebouchie
    ebouchie Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey in February 2015. In April 2015 my husband and I went to Paris to celebrate our anniversary. At the time I had lost about 20 pounds. I bought a fabulous spendy leather belt that just barely fit on the first hole. Now, 6 months later, it is too loose in the fifth and final hole. Looks like I am adding more holes. Or maybe back to Paris for another belt
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Went offroading with the husband and the jeep this weekend. It was much easier to step up and down to adjust the softtop. I usually feel like I was going to fall the whole time, but not so much this weekend. Of course, I still got winded walking up some of the hills to investigate the trails before going up them, but I felt like I recovered quicker.
  • lizziesmom15
    lizziesmom15 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    While doing my workout routine today, my 6 year old said, "mom I like doing this with you it's fun." She often times laughed at my lunges or squats and she definitely got a chuckle out of my sit-ups. We then went outside and she walk/jogged with ms and we laughed and talked the whole time. After our walk she asked me to play basketball with her and I did. 5 weeks ago I would have been sitting in the house watching TV or surfing the web, never would j have been outside walking. For my daughter to see the changes I would not change that for the world. I may not see changes in the scale but I feel better and I enjoy life more. My enjoyment in life was a good meal, planning and cooking or scoping out new restaurants, now I try to beat yesterday's fitbit steps for a new high. The scale isn't the only meausre of success.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    My best friend copied an outfit that she saw me in last week!

She said " I hope you don't mind, but you looked so cute when I saw you last, I just had to copy what you did" I've been wearing jeans and tee shirts forever and this was a short dress with legging and boots.

I didn't tell her that I copied a lady who works for me, I just basked in the glow of stylishness!

• hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Skirts and pants are lose by 6" on my waist. Downgraded everything in my closet from L to M. Bought Under Armor workout shirts in M!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    A grocery clerk I speak to when I go shopping noticed my loss. Made me feel good. :)
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    While doing my workout routine today, my 6 year old said, "mom I like doing this with you it's fun." She often times laughed at my lunges or squats and she definitely got a chuckle out of my sit-ups. We then went outside and she walk/jogged with ms and we laughed and talked the whole time. After our walk she asked me to play basketball with her and I did. 5 weeks ago I would have been sitting in the house watching TV or surfing the web, never would j have been outside walking. For my daughter to see the changes I would not change that for the world. I may not see changes in the scale but I feel better and I enjoy life more. My enjoyment in life was a good meal, planning and cooking or scoping out new restaurants, now I try to beat yesterday's fitbit steps for a new high. The scale isn't the only meausre of success.

This is so terrific. I'm seeing the same kind of changes in my family. Last night we went to the local bike trail (paved) and the kids skated and I walked/jogged. We had a great time. My son said, "Mom, we should do this every day." I had already jogged earlier while they were in school and wanted to go for a bike ride, but my youngest hasn't learned to ride a bike yet so we went skating instead. It was so worth walking/jogging a second time just to spend time as a family.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options

My 7 year old also likes to walk/jog with me. She laughs, too. She can walk and keep up with my jog and she can run backwards and keep up with my jog. She still seems to enjoy it though. Last night she told me I'm getting faster.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Oh! I have 3 in one day! I already posted earlier about my friend copying my style.

Also, today my husband and two of my daughters joined my gym. They all said, " I can' t believe I'm doing this, it's all your fault for setting a good example."

And I saw an a friend at the gym who I haven't seen in about a year and a half and she said, "Oh, it's so nice to see you, or half of you actually". I had to confess that I have only Iost about a third of me, really.

• Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite shirts, that I haven't been able to wear for at least three years, fits again. Yay!
  • steph0324
    steph0324 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am wearing a pair of size 12 jeans today! And as of yesterday morning, I am no longer considered obese, merely overweight (scale related, but still exciting!)
  • curves2j
    curves2j Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    BMI calculator down from Obese Class 3 to Obese Class 1. Yeah baby! Overweight Class here I come!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing size 32 jeans! It has to be more than 20 years since I was able to wear this size!
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    As others on the forums have suggested, I went 'shopping' in my closet. I dug out every last piece of clothing I had. And none of my old stuff fits. At. All. Baggy and loose and tent-shaped. Time to do some real shopping!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!