What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• lynette4
    lynette4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Fit into my first pair of goal jeans! I have about a month before I wear them in public bc they are low cut and in an area I lose the slowest but I'm still excited!!!! The button and zipper weren't holding on for dear life either!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I am glad you asked! This morning I power walked 7 miles. Mile 6 was my fastest mile ever at 13:13. I feel freaking fabulous at this point. I did not try to make a record but rather had a few new songs added to my playlist and Black Eyed Peas "Let's Get it Started" on repeat was all I needed. At mile 6 I was exhausted so the fact that I pulled this off still blows my mind. No too bad for an old lady.
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    We have a guest coming so I deep cleaned the guest room. Normally when I make the bed, I have to climb across it and do various contortions because one side is against the wall. Today I just picked up the bed at the foot and moved it a couple feet from the wall, made the bed and moved it back. I AM STRONG, LIKE BULL!!!!

I totally read that with a Russian accent.

I had that feeling a couple of days ago. I was cleaning the bedroom, and needed to vacuum under the bed. We have a kingsize mattress and base, so you cant get the head of the vacuum cleaner under. I just lifted up the whole edge of the bed with one hand, ran the vacuum where it needed to go, and did the same thing with the other sides. Husband just looked at me and said "You beast!"

LOVE THIS
  • NicoleMKlein
    NicoleMKlein Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    While I was walking this morning a car pulled over to talk to me. It was a man I have never seen before. He said "I think your doing an amazing job, I see you our here all the time" he totally made my day
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    clh72569 wrote: »
    Last week I went to the Dr. and as soon as he saw me, he said you lost weight. I told him that was why I was here. I had a print out from MFP of my food diary with blood pressure readings for 2 weeks on my medication and 2 weeks off my medication. All normal readings. On the suggestion of a friend I also brought before and after pictures. I have been taking blood pressure meds for over 10 years. As of 10-8-15 I AM OFF ALL PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION. The MD gave me high fives and a huge hug. He also ran around the office with my picture and told everyone "look what you can do with diet and exercise"

^^This! I love all the posts in this thread, but this one is amazing!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Shopping and spending time in the mall has been a steady state NSV for me, whether I buy anything or not. As a teen and in my 20's, I did look around in the many different stores in the mall but it was always an "oh that's nice but would never fit" situation. Now, I can go in any of those stores and if I had money, I'd be able to get things. I'd never really got anything from places like H&M since it would never fit. I found a weird halloween piece there for my 10k and fit in the medium, which seems crazy since I was obese not that long ago. It's nice to have so many more options clothing and store-wise now. There are fun plus sized outfits and some good shops, but the plethora of others are hard to beat.
  • tmartin19710
    tmartin19710 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I fit into Capri's that was way to tight at the beginning of summer. 22lbs down since July 1st
  • kar_yne08
    kar_yne08 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I put a pair of non-stretchy jeans on today that I used to have to do a "squat, wiggle, wiggle, jump, suck in" maneuver to get into... Today, they slipped on and buttoned up easily!
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Last week I went to the Dr. and as soon as he saw me, he said you lost weight. I told him that was why I was here. I had a print out from MFP of my food diary with blood pressure readings for 2 weeks on my medication and 2 weeks off my medication. All normal readings. On the suggestion of a friend I also brought before and after pictures. I have been taking blood pressure meds for over 10 years. As of 10-8-15 I AM OFF ALL PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION. The MD gave me high fives and a huge hug. He also ran around the office with my picture and told everyone "look what you can do with diet and exercise"

Totally awesome Chica! I'm sure it was the bentos.....
  • AdviDaddy
    AdviDaddy Posts: 207 Member
    Options

Congratulations!!!! That's awesome.
  • mindilina
    mindilina Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I hit my halfway mark this morning! I'm sure I'll reevaluate when I hit my goal but it feels so good to be halfway to my healthy weight!
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    So slight NSVs for me...but significant for me.

1. Buying "sexier" undies - things that I'd shy away from because they would "never" look good now look pretty good...even if just for me that's a big ego boost.

2. This is the bigger one. I'm allowing more pictures of myself with my kids. Before I'd run and delete anything on a camera that had my picture because I was so fat and ugly in my eyes. Now that I'm seeing improvements, I'm more willing to take pictures with my kids...which has made them very happy :)
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

FABULOUS!!! Congratulations-you are a rockstar!!! ;)

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    So slight NSVs for me...but significant for me.

1. Buying "sexier" undies - things that I'd shy away from because they would "never" look good now look pretty good...even if just for me that's a big ego boost.

2. This is the bigger one. I'm allowing more pictures of myself with my kids. Before I'd run and delete anything on a camera that had my picture because I was so fat and ugly in my eyes. Now that I'm seeing improvements, I'm more willing to take pictures with my kids...which has made them very happy :)

Thats wonderful-keep those pictures!
  • Keith3481
    Keith3481 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I weighed and rationed out a whole bag of autumn mix candy corn into ziploc bags for enjoyment over the next couple weeks. It fits into my calories in small bursts as opposed to mindlessly munching the whole thing in two sittings.
  • rdlewis123
    rdlewis123 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Put on a pair of jeans for school today and they were loose. I thought they were a pair of my size 8. NOPE! They were a pair of size 6!!!!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    I'm on jury duty, and had packed a lunch in case it rained at lunch time. The witnesses were running long, so the court bought lunch for the jury: Pizza, pop, wings, chicken salad. I'm vegetarian, but there *was* good-lookin' veggie pizza . . . I skipped it and ate the more nutrition-dense (tasty) lunch I brought from home.
  • kstarallen
    kstarallen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Tried on a pair of jeans my sis in law gave me that have been too small for a couple months now. As of this morning - they fit perfectly! Was not expecting them to fit so it was a great surprise
  • Keith3481
    Keith3481 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I purged my closet of the 34, 36, and 38 US waist jeans I've shrunk out of over the last nine months. I'm now on 32s and I just got a brand new pair.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!