Replies

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Off my blood pressure medicine!

• jmpaterno
    jmpaterno Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend took a few pictures of me on a hike this morning, and I love all of them and can really see a difference!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I completed my very first half marathon today!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I went out to dinner and completely blew my diet. I ate and drank too much and enjoyed every moment.
    I know that tomorrow morning, I will wake up, do my usual morning workout, my regular
    swim in the afternoon and be right back on track. Easy peasy for me now.
  • Ishii19
    Ishii19 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    pkw58 wrote: »
    NSV - despite being in 7 different countries is 4 different time zones, managed to log every day and keep my streak alive! Whoop!
    That sounds like a great trip! Jealous :)
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    Off my blood pressure medicine!

These are my favorite type of NSV to read. Fantastic!

• joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    pkw58 wrote: »
    NSV - despite being in 7 different countries is 4 different time zones, managed to log every day and keep my streak alive! Whoop!

Congratulations! In foreign countries sometimes you don't even recognize the food let alone figure out the number of calories so I can appreciate the challenge and the NSV!
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Today I clocked a 15min mile. One month ago I couldn't go below 17min/mile no matter how hard I pushed! Since I am a long way from my GW I can only look forward to more improvement over time. Quite happy with this NSV!
  • BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm in 34 waist jeans. On a whim, I tried on my 32's this weekend and they fit. They are a bit snug and I wouldn't wear them out yet, but they fit.
  • texasfarmer
    texasfarmer Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I woke up this morning feeling awful with a really sore throat. Thought about going back to bed, but instead I jumped on the treadmill to jog for a few minutes, found a live concert video to watch on YouTube, and the next thing I knew, the video was over and I'd done 5.6k. I haven't been able to do more than 4k without a walk break for YEARS. It feels like such a mental breakthrough :)

Great job! I'm partial to running NSV myself.
  • texasfarmer
    Options
    toriraeh wrote: »
    I ran in my first 5k race tonight! No, I didn't run the whole time, only about 2 miles, but the fact that I signed up, didn't chicken out and finished is huge! :)

f4ur4wvfyd9u.jpg

Fantastic. Now on to the next run!
  • texasfarmer
    Options
    I had my longest run to date today. Four and a half miles in 55 minutes. I may not be the fastest runner but the speed will come in time. Or not. I don't really care, I just want to run.

Great job! I too am not the fastest runner, but I get the job done and that's what counts! Keep at it.
  • RolemodelmomT
    RolemodelmomT Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Okay so I have a couple from this past weekend... 1. I didn't think twice about running down the street to the bank while my husband was filling the car at the gas satiation (normally I would have hesitated as I wasn't wearing a jacket and I would have been exposed to others even though I was fully clothed!), 2. We stayed in a hotel and we took the stairs to our floor (why take the elevator up 1 flight? we have in the past) and 3. We went out to a charity event and I didn't spend the whole night worrying about my love handles while sitting at the table, I had a wonderful night and felt confident in my skin. These might seem a tad bit trivial, but the fact of the matter is that these are major mind NSV's that have to do with how I think of myself and how I think others think of me... these were huge.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    @RolemodelmomT : Those are in no way trivial, I personally think the mental ones represent the biggest progress. Those internal demons yell really loud and long sometimes and take quite a bit of effort to overcome. Keep it up.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I can't see a difference in the mirror, but I DID get to throw away a too big shirt that used to fit me perfectly last night!!! Hubby was so proud!
  • curves2j
    curves2j Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    walking down to the parking garage at work. And saw a friend I hadn't seen in a while from far. I started waiving but he would not wave back. I stopped him and said hey- what you can't say hello. He just stared at me and said he absolutely did not recognize me. He complimented on how great I look. best NSV!!
  • RolemodelmomT
    RolemodelmomT Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    @RolemodelmomT : Those are in no way trivial, I personally think the mental ones represent the biggest progress. Those internal demons yell really loud and long sometimes and take quite a bit of effort to overcome. Keep it up.

Thank you!! :blush:
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Saw my mum today for the first time in about three weeks and she said "My goodness! You're HALF the woman you used to be". Hmm, not quite, still a LONG way to go but one day I will be half the woman I was. Just this one comment really made my day - I'm still glowing :smiley:
  • cairnsmom
    cairnsmom Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Went to the doc today for follow-up on blood work...

My A1C and blood pressure was a concern in the previous visit. After losing 20 lbs, cutting carbs to 80-100g a day, and walking an hour 5 days a week, both are now in the normal range. Whew! PTL! So to reward myself, I bought a pair of jeans 1 size smaller (could have gone 2 sizes down but wanted to breathe), and 2 tops that are not in the women's section.

Oh, and yes, the rings....they fit the fingers for which they were intended..

Congrats to all of you on your successes!!! Good stuff!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!