What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Best leg/abs training since May 1 when I started to lift weights. I am leg-pressing and calf-raising more than my body weight. Total weight lifted today: 54,975 lbs. And I am 62.
  • Ponkeen
    Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Did an 8.5 mile walk/run today, just because. Didn't die, and am not terribly sore. 6 months ago I would have been a puddle on the floor.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Shopped in my mom's closet. She was always smaller than me, nice to share clothes now.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I had a wrap today for lunch from a burger place.

I got full after not even half. So I left the rest!!!! I would have taken it with me, but wraps don't travel well.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I got hit on by a very handsome 23 yr old guy....this has nothing at all to do with weight success, as much as success in just plain feeling attractive again, I guess. At 46 years old, I don't expect younger men to bother with me, much less be obvious about their interest...lol. It felt crazily exciting!! LOL!! Meow!

46 is not old and chronological age is not an indication of anything. And it has to do with how you think about yourself, which probably includes that the weight you lost contributed to the feeling of being attractive.
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Livgetfit wrote: »
    Goal pants close! I won't be wearing them for about a month but they close!

I decided out of curiosity to try on something in a shop I once couldn't fit into a single item in. They go up to a 14. I was looking for motivation and picked up size 10s, sure that I was firmly a 12 still. They fit!!!! I am still in shock.

Lastly, I left food on my plate because I recognised that I was full. This has possibly never happened before. I am a plate clearer.

Plate clearer here too. That's a real sign of change!

I KNOW, ISN'T IT AMAZING!?! I have just been for dinner and have half of the meal sitting in the fridge downstairs
  • caitlinrennes
    caitlinrennes Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Going from wrapping yourself in a bath sheet after a shower to a bath towel!
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My pilates instructor who I have been working with for 2 years since I started this weight loss (77lb nearly) turned to me and said 'have you lost weight'. She then said she had noticed all along but it just hit her that day for some reason. It made me laugh that it's taken two years to hit! But she does see me really regularly.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were looking through pics from our critter cam and there was a picture of me walking by in shorts. He said "Geez, your legs look skinny in that pic." I gave the usual "You're crazy" response, but I was think "Wow, my legs DO look skinny!"

This may not seem like much but my thighs are my biggest trouble spot and have been my entire life. As my mother puts it, I'm "hippy". Plus, I usually think I look fatter in pictures than I do in the mirror. It was a pic that made me finally admit I'd gone from "you need to drop a few lbs" to "OMG you are FAT!" and start losing.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    My size 10 jeans that fit like a glove about a month ago, are now getting saggy. I've also lost 11 inches since I last measured.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Shopped in my mom's closet. She was always smaller than me, nice to share clothes now.

Awesome!

Before my last pregnancy, my teenage daughter and I could do that. I'm now getting back to that size!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    Scale? Non Scale? This is big for me so I'm reporting it!

I met my husband in December of 1981. 34 years we've been together. In all that time I have NEVER WEIGHED LESS THAN HIM, even though he's 6'1" and I'm 5'8".

But today I weigh 2 pounds less and we are both doing a major happy dance!

He has been going to th gym with me and working on building muscles and I am losing weight and getting stronger all the time. We are going to be Mr & Mrs. Hot Hot Hot!

Love this, congrats!
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    So the scale is stuck again and I was getting getting frustrated,. I took my measurements today and I am down 2.75 inches total from last month and 16 inches total from June!
  • szynka20
    szynka20 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    When standing up from a seated position, I no longer have to obsess about making sure my shirt is pulled down just right to cover everything. I just stand up, and it usually falls down on its own. And if it doesn't, it's no big deal because I have nothing to hide! Such a liberating feeling!

Love this one. I'm hoping one day it will be me :wink:
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    khill5555 wrote: »
    My NSV is that I am sticking with it! I have gone from a 26W to a 22W....47 lbs gone and only a few people have noticed. In the past I would let that get me down but for some reason this time I don't care if people notice or not because I notice and I feel good! This is the first time that I don't feel like I am dieting but instead its a life style change for me. Still have 80 lbs to go so my journey is far from over but its 1 lb and 1 day at a time for me this time! :-)

I bet people are noticing, but not sure if they should say anything. I do that all the time, because I don't want to offend any of my co-workers. Sometimes I will say something if I know they are working at getting healthier (which a lot of people in my office are).

Today I dug into the bottom of my jeans drawer and pulled out a pair I have not worn in a while - because they have no stretch to them - and they fit with room to spare!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    300 and 225x11 box squat! double PR!
  • mefullerton
    mefullerton Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This may sound dumb...But I can take my shirt off while crossing both my arms - like my right arm grabs the left part & the left arm grabs the right part of my shirt. It may not seem like much but it's something for me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!