What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    akboy58 wrote: »
    It might not seem like a big deal for you youngsters, but this 56-year-old is ridiculously pleased to report that he ran up a flight of stairs two steps at a time today, something he hadn't been able to do without grievous bodily injury since about 1994.

Way to go!!!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    ats4908 wrote: »
    Someone at old guy bball asked to change who they were guarding because he couldn't keep up with me. Not much but made my day
    It might not seem like a big deal for you youngsters, but this 56-year-old is ridiculously pleased to report that he ran up a flight of stairs two steps at a time today, something he hadn't been able to do without grievous bodily injury since about 1994.

Old guys rule! Youngsters drool! :wink:

• curves2j
    curves2j Posts: 144 Member
    For work- I make court appearances. The Sheriff for this particular Judge came up to me and said- sorry about earlier I just did not recognize you. <3:)
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    My father-in-law said he wasn't having much success with shedding lbs., saying my loss was impressive and asked about my 'weight loss secret'. i gave him the cliff notes version of my loss; CICO, determination, perseverance and my fitness pal. it felt nice to be recognized for my personal efforts and if my example helps someone else too than that's a win to me!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    edited November 2015
    Oh, ALSO, my neighbor came out to tell me again "How smoking hot" I was the other night He and his fiance thought so. (My husband, kiddos and I went to eat and came back. They invited me to their karaoke get together . ) That was really nice to hear. I haven't been called smokin' hot in years!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited November 2015
    7.5 minute mile for 8 miles (granted on a treadmill but still). This was one of my goals to hit last year. Next goal is 7 minute mile for 8 miles (treadmill). and 7.5 minute mile for 8 miles outside.
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member

I'm also in the BIG 5s also
    Now I Can dance up those staircases and love it!! Keep up the hard work!!! You're body is working correctly and love ing IT!!!

• Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Today I was asked to model (!) for a charity fashion show.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    1) had a bath and there is now room on both sides between me and the tub.

2) Went back to my car tonight and found that another vehicle had parked very close to my driver's door. Thought that I would have to get in through the passenger's door to avoid damaging both cars as there was very little spce to open the door, let alone get in. Opened the driver's door to try and just slid in - a couple of months ago I wouldn't have dared to try to get in the driver's side.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    This is sort of an SV, but also sort of an NSV, so I hope it's OK to post it here. I'm a rower, and in the off-season, I work out on a rowing machine. My team just moved evening practice indoors for the off season. When I went to log my rowing machine meters on the Concept 2 web site (where I belong to the online community), I had a sudden shocking realization: I should now log my rowing machine activity as a *lightweight* (< 135 pounds) rather than *heavyweight* (> 135 pounds) rowing machine rower.
  • lizziesmom15
    lizziesmom15 Posts: 85 Member
    edited November 2015
  • lizziesmom15
    edited November 2015
  • lizziesmom15
    Here it is.......

• lizziesmom15
    Why can i not get my pic to upload
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    belgerian wrote: »
    7.5 minute mile for 8 miles (granted on a treadmill but still). This was one of my goals to hit last year. Next goal is 7 minute mile for 8 miles (treadmill). and 7.5 minute mile for 8 miles outside.

Awesome!!
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    YaY. A visit to my GP has resulted in me being taken off my BP meds (check in a month to make sure my 'excellent' BP wasn't drug induced). It seems my kidney function results are good enough for me not to need to keep taking them (it seems the meds have an impact on kidney function too).

She also celebrated my weight loss and suggested that I didn't need to lose any more. (I consider myself to be in maintenance.
    An excellent outcome!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    christyg74 wrote: »
    This is a strange one, lol. But, hopefully somebody will appreciate it. My cat always lays on one of my legs when I watch tv. For the last couple times, he has dug his paws into the side of my thigh like he was going to fall off. Lol. I think my thighs are getting smaller!

Hahaha, as a cat lover I can totally relate to that! Congrats!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    christyg74 wrote: »
    This is a strange one, lol. But, hopefully somebody will appreciate it. My cat always lays on one of my legs when I watch tv. For the last couple times, he has dug his paws into the side of my thigh like he was going to fall off. Lol. I think my thighs are getting smaller!

Poor thing! You'll have to buy him something chubby to lay on!

• shellygw
    shellygw Posts: 33 Member
    I use my asthma inhaler less frequently--used to be everyday, now less than 1x a week. I can carry a large, full, laundry basket from my house to my car without getting out of breath. And today, I discovered that I can now reach my arms behind my back and clasp my hands together. I have such a long way to go, but recognizing these small victories are helping me stay motivated.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!