What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    New Year's Eve is a night in for my husband and myself (historical slushy romantic reasons) and usually we have some dutch treats (oliebollen, appelflappen) plus a cheeseboard on the table to work our way through and watch/listen TV and radio. Last night the treats stayed well and truely downstairs. It was not missed at all, we just realised close to midnight that the evenign snacking in front of the TV seems to be totally ourt of our system. Yay!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    4 sets of 20 on the ab crunch machine!
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Did. Not Eat anymore. Than normal, Day on New years Eve, Discipline. On this I importantly. Stuck to. Has been a goal. For me personally and stuck to this through. 2015. At the gym when opening. On new years Day. 2016. Will. Do this another year!! Lets all Keep these Great achieved. Goals keep. Posting. These are Fantastic!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I took January 1st bikini pictures to use as a starting point as I rebuild my body after three months of inactivity due to being sidelined from a number of injuries. I look ok, but definitely jigglier than September.

My NSV is I feel confident I can succeed again and am looking forward to this new journey. Because last week and for the past few months I've felt very discouraged.
  • PhoenyxHellfyre
    PhoenyxHellfyre Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Two NSV's that coincide: I've lost 2 inches from the hips, AND I can actually see that difference.
  • LowCoffinLucifie
    LowCoffinLucifie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    All of my pants, even my skinny jeans are now baggy on me. I can still hold them up with a belt, but they look silly lol. I know I got 50lbs. To to so I'm trying to put off buying the new wardrobe just yet.
  • LowCoffinLucifie
    edited January 2016
    Options
    brant710 wrote: »
    I'm choosing to view at a NSV even though I find it frustrating as heck. I no longer own a single pair of pants that aren't way to big. My goal is still 30lbs away so I don't want to go buy a whole new closet of clothes but my office mates are going to frown on me coming to work without pants.

Same here lol, I almost have to buy the New work pants because I don't wanna seem all unprofessional in overly baggy pants.
  • LowCoffinLucifie
    Options
    Syneea wrote: »
    I'm a Cardio Queen, I love most classes and do them pretty well.. Always in the front... I told myself that I'd begin teaching classes in 2016 if I had anything to say about it lol. Well I asked a small studio owner of a local facility that ive been attending (outside of the Y) if she would consider me sometime in the future as an aerobics instructor and she immediately thanked me for asking, advised that there would be a position opening soon and then discussed the upcoming instructor training classes that I would take before assuming the role!! VERY excited. :) It would strictly be one to two days per week as I have a full time.

Congrats! That's awesome ;).
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    On the first of December I did 10 situps to start a 30 day ab challenge. Laying flat with my husband holding my feet. That's all I could do!
    On December 30th I did 90 situps (6 sets of 15) on the incline bench at the gym! Set at the easiest angle, but still, I've impressed myself!
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    On the first of December I did 10 situps to start a 30 day ab challenge. Laying flat with my husband holding my feet. That's all I could do!
    On December 30th I did 90 situps (6 sets of 15) on the incline bench at the gym! Set at the easiest angle, but still, I've impressed myself!

Wow! I tried to do a "drunk" crunch at my NYE party and could only do a couple....you're awesome!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    RBracken34 wrote: »
    I was at a family function a few weeks ago and I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror whilst standing next to my mother, with whom I have always had a very difficult relationship. I saw that the thinner I get, the more I look like her, and then I spent the next week overeating.

The NSV? Waking up and realizing that my intense desire to not become my mother was the primary reason for packing on the pounds in the first place. Knowledge is EVERYTHING. I'm now back on track with more faith and confidence in my ability to get where I want to go, and the recognition that I am who I want to be and who I choose to make myself with my actions. Just because I look like her, doesn't mean I am her.

I'm applauding you for this realization! Wow!
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    NSV of the day? I purged all of the junk food from my house, all left over Christmas cookies still hanging around, the gummy bears that were a stocking stuffer at my mother in law, and a snickers bar. All of it ended up in the trash. I made cucumber salad for lunch for the next couple days, fresh salsa for topping my eggs in the morning, and chicken avocado salad for dinner. All weighed, measured, and calorie counted for ease of logging.

Also, got the Christmas stuff all put away before my birthday this year. (my birthday is the 8th and I like having it around)
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    1) This is a biggie for me - I found out I don't like chocolate anymore. My (previously) one-time go to comfort food that I ate in huge quantities on a daily basis. When I decided to lose weight at the end of last July, I stopped eating it as I knew it was a problem food for me - I couldn't stop at one piece, I would eat it ALL, so I had to just stop eating it completely. Now, five months on, I had enough calories to have a couple of my favourite chocolates and found that I really don't like chocolate any more. I'd rather have a banana or an orange.

2) My daughter took some photos of me last week and put them side by side with the last ones taken three months ago. What a difference! The weight difference between the two set of pics was 35lbs and the changes are very apparent. I've shrunk all over but I didn't really notice it other than looser fitting clothes. Feels good! I'm just annoyed that I was too embarrassed to take photos at the very beginning as I've lost 67lbs overall and it would have been nice to see the difference from the beginning.
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    1) This is a biggie for me - I found out I don't like chocolate anymore. My (previously) one-time go to comfort food that I ate in huge quantities on a daily basis. When I decided to lose weight at the end of last July, I stopped eating it as I knew it was a problem food for me - I couldn't stop at one piece, I would eat it ALL, so I had to just stop eating it completely. Now, five months on, I had enough calories to have a couple of my favourite chocolates and found that I really don't like chocolate any more. I'd rather have a banana or an orange.

2) My daughter took some photos of me last week and put them side by side with the last ones taken three months ago. What a difference! The weight difference between the two set of pics was 35lbs and the changes are very apparent. I've shrunk all over but I didn't really notice it other than looser fitting clothes. Feels good! I'm just annoyed that I was too embarrassed to take photos at the very beginning as I've lost 67lbs overall and it would have been nice to see the difference from the beginning.

Great work!!!!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    1125 day streak
  • janmoulder2
    janmoulder2 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    RBracken34 wrote: »
    I was at a family function a few weeks ago and I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror whilst standing next to my mother, with whom I have always had a very difficult relationship. I saw that the thinner I get, the more I look like her, and then I spent the next week overeating.

The NSV? Waking up and realizing that my intense desire to not become my mother was the primary reason for packing on the pounds in the first place. Knowledge is EVERYTHING. I'm now back on track with more faith and confidence in my ability to get where I want to go, and the recognition that I am who I want to be and who I choose to make myself with my actions. Just because I look like her, doesn't mean I am her.

That is absolutely fabulous!! Congratulations!
  • janmoulder2
    janmoulder2 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that I can cross my legs!!! And I can cut my toenails and tie my shoes by just bending over instead of contorting myself into a pretzel to reach my feet.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My husband brought me ice-cream said he weighed it. THE first time he's ever done something like that!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!