What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    One from me: grabbed a T-shirt this morning without really looking, realized after I put it on that it was one of my old T-shirts from high school that I just hadn't gotten around to throwing out, and one I couldn't have fit into since the early 2000s.

Not a victory for keeping my wardrobe current :wink: but a victory for being able to wear it again!
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I treated myself to a trip to the community thrift store...started browsing in my usual aisle and realized EVERYTHING was too big! I am officially out of plus sizes!! Bought some size Large tops & sweaters (some really nice name-brand stuff, too, some with the tags still on them) and even got a Medium that's a little snug but will fit by spring. I picked up a few skirts that will have to be taken in at the waist. Came home & packed up all my oversized sweaters and winter tops for Goodwill. Woohoo!! Got dressed this morning for church and felt so pretty!
  • pstegman888
    Options
    I stuck faithfully to logging everything over the holidays, and although I went over my calorie goal a few days, I was still under for the week (both Christmas week and New Year's week). I took a fruit & veggie platter with yogurt dip to the church New Year's get-together so I would be sure to have something healthy & low-cal to eat - and that's mostly what I ate, with 2 cookies and a tiny piece of fudge being the only sweets.
  • avatiach
    avatiach Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    RBracken34 wrote: »
    I was at a family function a few weeks ago and I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror whilst standing next to my mother, with whom I have always had a very difficult relationship. I saw that the thinner I get, the more I look like her, and then I spent the next week overeating.

The NSV? Waking up and realizing that my intense desire to not become my mother was the primary reason for packing on the pounds in the first place. Knowledge is EVERYTHING. I'm now back on track with more faith and confidence in my ability to get where I want to go, and the recognition that I am who I want to be and who I choose to make myself with my actions. Just because I look like her, doesn't mean I am her.

You know what? Even heavier, you might still look like her. That doesn't mean you are like her!
  • brookej8688
    brookej8688 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss a year ago, then I gave up once I started getting back on the road. This was my starting picture that made me want to lose weight.
    th_5400_600769995295_1548718_n_zps59f8fd64.jpg
    I have lost 20lbs since then and now kickstarting a new lifestyle that is not a "Diet" it is a life change!! it is a big difference. and I am proud of myself, i can already see the difference in my face.
    th_804697_10151319943230967_838954397_n_zps7fbf5eee.jpg
    th_942073_10151523667975967_14444129_n_zpsc14df71d.jpg
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I didn't like those coloring book meditations so this year I started a practice of doing a small watercolor painting of my own every day. This was yesterday's.

4iqxhek77ghx.jpeg
  • tichondria
    tichondria Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have gone one full week without soda.. Hey it may be small but that is HUGE for me

That is awesome.. be proud. Soda can be so addictive... diet or regular!
  • CourtLHM
    CourtLHM Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I didn't like those coloring book meditations so this year I started a practice of doing a small watercolor painting of my own every day. This was yesterday's.

That's beautiful!
  • pstegman888
    Options

4iqxhek77ghx.jpeg

Wow, that is beautiful! I speak as a fellow artist (oils & pastels - never could get the hang of watercolors, though I love the way they look!) Especially impressive as I know you have been rehabbing your hand due to your accident earlier this year. After leading a very active life in my younger years, a chronic illness put me down for a number of years, and when I began to regain some strength, art was a saving grace for me. My athletic life stopped, but my artistic life began at that time. Keep it up, you are very expressive!
  • pstegman888
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I treated myself to a trip to the community thrift store...started browsing in my usual aisle and realized EVERYTHING was too big! I am officially out of plus sizes!! Bought some size Large tops & sweaters (some really nice name-brand stuff, too, some with the tags still on them) and even got a Medium that's a little snug but will fit by spring. I picked up a few skirts that will have to be taken in at the waist. Came home & packed up all my oversized sweaters and winter tops for Goodwill. Woohoo!! Got dressed this morning for church and felt so pretty!

You know what I like best about this? The part where you *know* that Medium will fit by Spring! :)

Oh yeah!!! Definitely!!! And I'm already planning which larger clothing items will be gone by next winter!
  • patesq
    patesq Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    A couple of recent ones.

First, I can now get into my car with one hand! An odd one, I know, but I drive a large passenger van that is high off the ground. Before, I had to put everything I was carrying inside and then use a hand on the door and a hand on the steering wheel to get in. This was not fun in the rain or a dark parking lot. I discovered recently that, as long as I have one hand free, I have lost enough weight and built enough muscle to get in the vehicle without unloading first.

Second, my husband appears to like the new muscles I am building. We work out together in the evenings. He was doing his shoulder exercises (recovering from shoulder surgery) while I was laying on a bench doing back and chest. He came across the gym to give my bicep a feel and give an approving look. I mentioned that it wasn't even flexed at the time. He said that it was a few seconds ago and then muttered something about trying to remember what it was he was doing. I thought it was cute.

I love reading all of these!
  • hellokristen
    hellokristen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I needed red wine to make the sauce for dinner tonight and instead of buying a regular bottle and finishing the rest with dinner I bought the single serve bottle so I'd have just enough for the sauce. And I didn't even have to talk myself into the healthier decision, I just did it!
  • Sunshine1337
    Sunshine1337 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm officially not needing to buy plus sizes! This is a first in more than 30 years! Funny how our brains work as I automatically go to the larger sizes and then my daughter has to call out and ask what I'm doing! Lol
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,089 Member
    Options
    On December 19, my art journaling/crafts group had its monthly meeting, with a Christmas potluck. Some of the members handed out little gifts, including treats. I brought home a small red bag of them, including chocolates, peppermint bark, candy canes, peppermint hard candy, cocoa mix/mini-marshmallows, mini Snickers & Kit Kat, and more.

This morning, I realized it was still sitting on my kitchen counter. I'd had one piece of Ghirardelli peppermint bark in the few days after the meeting (logged and fit in daily goal, BTW), and then forgot about it. (Stayed within goal at the potluck, too, and potlucks tend to be my Waterloo. Good food, but not so good I felt I wanted to over-indulge in the high-cal items, other than what worked with a lighter-than-usual breakfast & supper.)

Life has changed; life is good.
  • amandapierce0515
    amandapierce0515 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    One of my coworkers/good friends called me "Skinny B*tch" today (said in a loving, playful way). Haven't been called skinny ANYTHING my whole life. :0)
  • amandapierce0515
    amandapierce0515 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    I burst into tears in my favourite shop yesterday when the lady kindly told me that nothing in there will fit me. It's a plus sized shop. The poor girl thought she'd hurt my feelings

Awww!! Wonderful!
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    chanell84 wrote: »
    I lost 70 lbs in the last year and just started going to the gym in the last 3 months... My trainer who also is the gym owner has asked me to lead a weight loss class with her that starts in 2 weeks. I can't believe me if all people has been asked to lead a weight loss class! That is a big NSV!

That is such an honour @chanell84! That is awesome!
  • Dex_
    Dex_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is day 30 of the 30 day shred!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!