What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Pulled my dress pants over my hips . . . next step, zipping them. They are within reach!
  • HG93022
    HG93022 Posts: 80 Member
    Went to the bar with friends and just drank water.
    Until now I would never go to a bar unless I had saved up enough calories for a 'real' drink.

Good for you! That is excellent growth. :sweat_smile:
  • HG93022
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    While on the elliptical, my 3 year old son wanted to do it too, so he marched in place next to me for a while. Showing him good habits made me feel like this is what it's all about.

Aww, that is awesome to hear. :smiley:
  • HG93022
    avatiach wrote: »
    RBracken34 wrote: »
    I was at a family function a few weeks ago and I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror whilst standing next to my mother, with whom I have always had a very difficult relationship. I saw that the thinner I get, the more I look like her, and then I spent the next week overeating.

The NSV? Waking up and realizing that my intense desire to not become my mother was the primary reason for packing on the pounds in the first place. Knowledge is EVERYTHING. I'm now back on track with more faith and confidence in my ability to get where I want to go, and the recognition that I am who I want to be and who I choose to make myself with my actions. Just because I look like her, doesn't mean I am her.

You know what? Even heavier, you might still look like her. That doesn't mean you are like her!

Excellent Awareness! So happy for you. That "protective coat" serves a lot of purposes we go for years without knowing. Wonderful to become educated about ourselves. Congratulations!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    my latest NSV is realizing how I don't even think about certain things anymore. Like whether I'll fit in bath tubs or hotel towels will wrap around me, airline seatbelts, whether the hotel bedroom will have a mirror near the bed that will make me look at myself more than I'm used to...all of this is stuff that used to keep me from traveling much. For 2-3 years now these things have no longer been an issue for me but only in the past month have I stopped and realized, "oh wow I have come to completely take for granted so many things that used to be worries at the forefront of my mind!"
  • alienette
    alienette Posts: 14 Member
    First NSV:

Donated a pair of dress pants and a pair of jeans to goodwill because they were uncomfortably tight on my quads and too loose around my tush.

Very happy about my quads getting stronger, not so happy of my already invisible and now dissapearing butt :(
    O well, guess I will have to do more glute exercises to make 'have a visible butt' my next nsv :D
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    When I went to the store to get cat food, I just got cat food. :o
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    I created a new lifting routine after seeing the beginnings of loose skin. I was lackadaisical (as I typically am about getting up and exercising,) I thought Id just do light progression to save my weights and wallet on top of being lazy. But not after today. I sat down with my workout journal, wrote it out and did the whole routine, fighting my brain when the thought crept in that I don't have to do ALL of of. Not only did all of it, I did some bonus work too! I've only got 29 of the 96 bs left to loose, so I think I did okay. I did take my measurements today because I think the scale is going to stall pretty shortly. lol I did over 750 reps, full body work with weights (a wimpy 5 and 10 lb set) but I'm going for progression. I got scared. Gotta power through that...
  • ats4908
    ats4908 Posts: 25 Member
    I was able to do 20 minutes on a rowing machine last night and am only moderately sore. Also found out it was set on super high resistance. First time trying so I didn't know any better
  • PhoenyxHellfyre
    PhoenyxHellfyre Posts: 31 Member
    My only pair of pants are reaching the "don't need to unbutton to put on" stage. It's fantastic, but at the same time, obnoxious, because they are my only pair. (It's difficult around here to find women's pants in thrift stores that are work-appropriate with proper pockets, and my shape is too weird for men's pants right now...) But yay shrinking body!

I'm also rearranging my workout schedule this week to give myself time to recover. Getting back into it after the holidays, and going heavy, left me rather sore. Rather than force myself to deadlift today and risk causing actual back injury, as opposed to simple back soreness, I'm sticking to light cardio, which is a pretty big victory to me. In the past, I would tell myself to suck it up, and end up causing actual injury, which would put me back quite a bit. Instead, I will be doing my beloved deadlifts on Saturday. ^_^ This whole "taking care of yourself" thing is weird, but kinda nice.
  • aubcami916
    aubcami916 Posts: 15 Member
    I was able to wear my favorite shirt today that I haven't been able to wear in a couple years! I thought about getting rid of it a few times because I didn't think I'd ever be able to wear it again. So glad I didn't!
  • RGannam
    RGannam Posts: 6 Member
    So just before I left for two weeks of vacation for the holidays I was at my lowest weight since 2010, and no one had mentioned anything in ages, which is fine. Then I get back to work this week after spending the holidays eating everything I wanted guilt-free and a few pounds heavier (not a big deal, all part of the plan) and suddenly three different people have commented. It's silly, but I'm happy about it!
  • lpetty22
    lpetty22 Posts: 19 Member
    Buying a size 14 pair of jeans and having to wear a belt with them!!! Haven't worn this size in 8 years!!!
  • Mmdelgado
    Mmdelgado Posts: 25 Member
    edited January 2016
    My only pair of pants are reaching the "don't need to unbutton to put on" stage. It's fantastic, but at the same time, obnoxious, because they are my only pair. (It's difficult around here to find women's pants in thrift stores that are work-appropriate with proper pockets, and my shape is too weird for men's pants right now...) But yay shrinking body!

I'm also rearranging my workout schedule this week to give myself time to recover. Getting back into it after the holidays, and going heavy, left me rather sore. Rather than force myself to deadlift today and risk causing actual back injury, as opposed to simple back soreness, I'm sticking to light cardio, which is a pretty big victory to me. In the past, I would tell myself to suck it up, and end up causing actual injury, which would put me back quite a bit. Instead, I will be doing my beloved deadlifts on Saturday. ^_^ This whole "taking care of yourself" thing is weird, but kinda nice.

I just started weight lifting and I hurt my lower back doing a deadlift :( I was so bummed because I couldn't lift for two weeks. I know I put it down wrong and used my back and that's why I pulled my lumber muscle but now I'm scared to do them! Any tips?
  • Shanniemfp
    Shanniemfp Posts: 22 Member
    Ok I give in trying to work it out....what's an NSV? :/
  • hellokristen
    hellokristen Posts: 20 Member
    Ok I give in trying to work it out....what's an NSV? :/

Non scale victory. ☺
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    RKarger wrote: »
    So just before I left for two weeks of vacation for the holidays I was at my lowest weight since 2010, and no one had mentioned anything in ages, which is fine. Then I get back to work this week after spending the holidays eating everything I wanted guilt-free and a few pounds heavier (not a big deal, all part of the plan) and suddenly three different people have commented. It's silly, but I'm happy about it!

This is because it's very hard to see a difference in people that you see every day--once they haven't seen you for a while and then you show up, it just kind of "hits" them.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    1130 day streak
  • SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    When I started not-quite a year ago, I was at the absolute airline seatbelt limit.

I had not thought about it on the way to our vacation, but I did when we flew home on Sunday... My 'leftover' seatbelt strap was almost as long as my forearm!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Standing in front of the mirror and drying off from my shower I glanced and thought out loud "what the hell is that?" It turns out that it is my c-section scar from 30 years ago. Imagine my surprise. My flabby belly has hidden that scar for...at least 15 or so years. I have been working diligently on my abs and finally I can see progress. It may not be pretty but I welcome it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!