What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• SparklySarah412
    SparklySarah412 Posts: 74 Member
    edited January 2016
    Went shopping today for some smaller clothes because my size 12s are falling off me. The size 10s were all too big and I needed to get size 8s instead! I haven't worn a size 8 since I was a teenager.
    Lifting weights has completely changed my life, I've always been pear shaped but since starting lifting my body has shrunk and evened out all over :)
  • DebBahr
    DebBahr Posts: 110 Member
    I bought a cute sweater at a thrift store about 6 weeks ago. Can't try things on at the store. I got it home and it was too snug. Got it out this morning and it fits perfectly. It's a medium (don't remember the last time I wore a medium) and it was only $3!!
  • PhoenyxHellfyre
    PhoenyxHellfyre Posts: 31 Member
    Mmdelgado wrote: »
    My only pair of pants are reaching the "don't need to unbutton to put on" stage. It's fantastic, but at the same time, obnoxious, because they are my only pair. (It's difficult around here to find women's pants in thrift stores that are work-appropriate with proper pockets, and my shape is too weird for men's pants right now...) But yay shrinking body!

I'm also rearranging my workout schedule this week to give myself time to recover. Getting back into it after the holidays, and going heavy, left me rather sore. Rather than force myself to deadlift today and risk causing actual back injury, as opposed to simple back soreness, I'm sticking to light cardio, which is a pretty big victory to me. In the past, I would tell myself to suck it up, and end up causing actual injury, which would put me back quite a bit. Instead, I will be doing my beloved deadlifts on Saturday. ^_^ This whole "taking care of yourself" thing is weird, but kinda nice.

I just started weight lifting and I hurt my lower back doing a deadlift :( I was so bummed because I couldn't lift for two weeks. I know I put it down wrong and used my back and that's why I pulled my lumber muscle but now I'm scared to do them! Any tips?

I'm sorry you hurt yourself. :( I did a couple things - I looked up proper form, and asked a trainer at the gym to walk me through, and I also practiced the right form using my bodyweight, and slowly added dumbbells until I was using the hexagon bar. (That's like a barbell, but it's in a hexagon-like shape, where you stand inside and grasp the sides. I still tear up my shins trying to deadlift with a straight barbell.) Me personally, I had to work my way up to deadlifts - leg presses, squats, kickbacks, and the like. But, that's because I used to have a really bad lower back (90% weight related), and wanted to be safe. But, definitely go with bodyweight/light weights until the right form is second nature. I'm sure other people have great suggestions too, but that's what I'd start with.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    alienette wrote: »
    O well, guess I will have to do more glute exercises to make 'have a visible butt' my next nsv :D

That's the spirit!
  • bri170lb
    Ok I give in trying to work it out....what's an NSV? :/

Finally figuring out what an NSV is, is part of your MFP initiation.

Congratulations! You are now a member of the "in" crowd!
  • bri170lb
    I was helping my daughter learn how the work the weight machines today. A "newbie" came in and thought I was a gym employee and asked me what she should do first.

Ha! 6 months ago I was terrified of the weight machines! If she only knew!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    I went rock climbing!! The clip and climb version in a gym but still!! I pulled my 180lb body 50 ft in the air and loved it! My legs were jello at the top, I shook like a leaf, my hands and arms hurt and I got a steel burn but it was totally worth it. This never would have happened even 9 months ago. I tried things, never said can't unless my body collapsed, didn't care when a random guy laughed when I dropped (screw you though), and didn't care that the tight harness showed every bulge. I was giddy with adrenaline and I'm PROUD of myself!! Onwards and upwards!

P.s. the kicker for me? When I was in 8th grade my class went rock climbing. I was terrible and felt humiliated because I couldn't do it. It was always kind of hanging over my head as a failure. No more :)

Congrats, you're a rockstar!!
  • Shanniemfp
    Shanniemfp Posts: 22 Member
    edited January 2016
    :) Hurrah

Congratulations! You are now a member of the "in" crowd![/quote]

• slinke2014
    slinke2014 Posts: 149 Member
    I have finally broken through my weight progression plateau this morning on my squats and deadlifts!!!! Pretty soon I will be back to putting big girl plates on the bar for my squats.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    I just bought a cute skirt that I have been eyeballing at a thrift store for months (apparently nobody else liked it since its still there!)

Its snug-and I have a ton of snug clothes already so I havent bought it, though I have tried it on like 4 times on different trips.

Today I bought it. It is still snug-but its my new goal skirt. I love it and cant wait to wear it! I WILL wear it!! My other snug clothes dont get me this excited.

Plus $2...score :D

So, NSV is treating myself to a new clothing goal that excites me, and $2 new skirt!
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Lost half inch off waist which doesnt seem like much but my cute tight pants fit better now
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    bri170lb wrote: »
    I was helping my daughter learn how the work the weight machines today. A "newbie" came in and thought I was a gym employee and asked me what she should do first.

Ha! 6 months ago I was terrified of the weight machines! If she only knew!

That's great!
  • Finally not starting a year with a 'resolution'. Not because I don't think they are a good idea, just that I don't need one. I'm 1 year into my journey with another 6 - 8 months to go (before it continues forever for maintenance). I'm learning to like myself and discovering the person I think I was meant to be.

This year I have small goals that will change as I achieve them but not 1 big resolution.

1) Continue my #movestreak; currently up to Day 18
    2) Log EVERYTHING into MFP everyday
    3) Run at least 4 times a week
    4) Finish the 10km Canberra Times event in April. No time attached, just finishing will be my goal.
  • ksalcido8
    ksalcido8 Posts: 21 Member
    Lots to share since I've been kind of MIA for two months because of finals and being sick over winter break.
    1. I only gained about 5 lbs over the end of the semester and ended up losing a few over break.
    2. Even though I was barely active on here for a couple months, I still logged in every day to keep myself from quitting completely. I'm currently on a 153 day streak.
    3. I returned a christmas present last week and I was going to get a different board game, but I decided to treat myself to new workout clothes instead.
    4. I got to use them for the first time today (I haven't been able to breathe well since having bronchitis).
    5. I went to the gym tonight planning on doing about 20 minutes on the elliptical to get back into the swing of things, but I ended up staying for 50 minutes and did 6.5 miles! And I definitely could have kept going. My cardio has seen a huge improvement since I started.
    6. And lastly, I've finally come up with a workout plan that I love: I only watch Netflix when I am at the gym (or have it running in the background while I up am doing other things around the house). I watched over half of my favorite movie -The Road to El Dorado- while on the elliptical today. Time flies when you aren't paying attention. :smiley:
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    There's a woman at my gym who I have been speaking to. She hasn't seen me since early December and today she saw me and said how awesome I look! I felt so much more motivated to do my workout!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    I went to a small party with a dozen friends I hadn't seen in 6 weeks. All but one of them commented on my continued weight loss and how healthy I look. (The one that didn't comment is a jealous b**ch who has never been supportive.)
    I haven't really lost much weight over the holidays, but have kept up with exercise so it must be working!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    I did 870 reps today! All time high as far as home workouts go. My 1.5 year old was awake and wanted to be held so I did some of my routine holding him. He loved it. I have a cold as well, but knew I would be proud of myself for getting the work in.
  • patty_36_2
    patty_36_2 Posts: 22 Member
    LianaG1115 wrote: »
    Mine recently was this past Saturday I went to Kohl's and bought some clothes!! Now this may sound all stupid but I used to not fit into their clothes unless I went to the Women's plus sizes which i wouldn't wear because they had nothing but floral, polyester, or things my MOTHER would wear! Not only was I able to walk in there, I was able to leave with 2 pairs of size 12 jeans!! I haven't seen that size in over 20 years!!! I started my journey as a 24-26 so this is just a huge motivator to keep pushing on!!

The not so nice floral, polyester clothes that my grandmother would wear was the one thing I hated, just because someone is larger, why do they have to wear those horrid clothes... I was in a size 22, and stuck to the same sort of clothes, baggy! .. 18 months later and I just bought a size 14 jeans, first pair in over 20 years.. It's the tops I'm finding hard to find that look good. Not used to wearing anything other than baggy.. Good fun looking.. Lol.. Keep up all the good work everyone.. It does happen... :).
  • patty_36_2
    nicupson wrote: »
    Found out last night that my body fat percentage (from January 47%) is now at 35%

I don't like the bmi chart, I think it's not right as not everyone is uniform, they use it when I go for my two yearly breast xrays, I wasn't even on their chart, had to use the number nearest, was 45 then, down to 30 now, says I'm obese, makes me think I'm still massive, but I know I'm not, it could dishearten some but I won't let it.. Keep up the good work.. :)
  • patty_36_2
    SusanL222 wrote: »
    Trimming my toenails is no longer an aerobic workout!! :wink:

Ha ha, yes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!