What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    so *kitten* could be the f word, could be the A word for butt or a variety of other words I'll leave to your imagination.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Just_Maddy wrote: »
    I've been invited to a wedding and for the first time EVER I've enjoyed dress shopping!

I remember I used to be pretty nasty to myself inside those fitting rooms and utterly hating everything, leaving super depressed and ALWAYS with a black dress and guess what? It didn't matter if I was a size 4 or a size 24.

Well Yesterday I walked in there super relaxed knowing my hard work was paying off and whatever I have it's because of me being consistent and doing things at my own pace If I didn't find a dress this time it was okay and I shouldn't be nasty to myself and that I should understand I came from a pretty big size, I knew I was making awesome progress and if it turned out I wasn't there yet then I shouldn't be discouraged and completely give up just because this time they didn't have a dress for me and since I've been putting a lot of effort without killing myself I knew next time I went there I would find something.

So as always went for the safety black dresses but as I was heading to the fitting room I saw this stunning royal blue dress with jewels I stood there thinking how beautiful it was then my first thought was: That dress is too pretty I bet they only have a 2, 4, 7 and 9 :neutral: I made those negative thoughts be quiet inside my head and I headed over there and they had it in 15! I just couldn't believe such beautiful dress would be available in a 15.

The lady helping me out was extremely nice, in a super good mood and beyond helpful! I swear the second I walked out and I looked at myself in the mirror I felt just like a princess! The lady and I agreed that was it! So for the very first time in my entire life I'm not wearing a black dress to a wedding.

Next to my fitting room there was a 30 something year old lady who was a size 4 and I overheard her saying she loved the dress but she HATED her arms. So here I am a size 15 and the old me would've felt extremely selfconcious but I made myself stop again before I thought anything sad and as I lifted my arms I noticed all that weightlifting is paying off in my arms, there's no way they look ANYWHERE near to what they looked like when I started.

I haven't been looking at the scale at all but I can tell in my clothes and how much energy I have lately

Sorry for this massive post but I hope it helps someone out there. Posts on this section had made my days much happier, so I wanna pay it forward.

I've stopped saying things like "I'm nowhere near my goal" or things that make it sound I apologize for my current size when I say things like that it feels I don't give credit to myself for the hard work I put in every single time, I've made the choice to ENJOY every single step and stage of this journey, I know as I keep going I will see changes and I will enjoy those too.

Wonderful, wonderful post!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!